Chapter 13

Hiding My True Self

W H A T  I S  T H I S ?


 

I heard a light knock on the door to my room, then the doorknob twisted revealing a maid.

 ''Mr. Daehyun, there's a mail for you'' She handed me a white envelope.

 ''It's from the doctor'' She gave me a worried look and closed the door after she walked out of my room.

 I furrowed my brows at the envelope and opened it slowly, revealing a white sheet of paper.

''Jung Daehyun. The lab has done some testing and we've got the results from your several tests.

You suffered from cardiac problems at the age of 5. This caused the heart to not function properly, and therefore your heart weakens by age.''

I widened my eyes, and couldn't believe what I was reading. I started sweating from my palms, and suddenly my fingers went numb. I felt my lip trembling as I bit it down hard so it would stop.

''I'm sorry to tell you, you have an unknown heart disease.

 And I wanted to tell you this personally before the hospital did. You have to be taken care of at the hospital as soon as possible, to prevent anything from happening to you. We've calculated that you have about one month to live but, if you get hospitalized we may be able to extend the time that remains. You have to get hosiptalized as soon as possible'' 

The first person that popped up in my mind was Sohee.

How was I supposed to tell her? Or should I tell her at all? I can't just leave her? Exactly.. I can't leave her.

 I'll just stay with her. I'm not going to the hospital, I can take care of myself. I felt light headed. And my body became too heavy for me to bear.

I fell down on my bed and moved my hand over to cover my sweaty face.

 My breathing became heavier for every second.

I'm going to die? What would Sohee do, if I died? Would she miss me? Or maybe she would be happy with Jiyong..?

 Probably.. These questions kept on forming in my head even when I tried to shake them off.

She wouldn't miss me. That's..... Final... I felt somehow really hurt just thinking of it.

Jiyong is better for her. I smiled painfully and let out a shaky breath.

 I stood up and made my way over to the bathroom. Walking to the sink, I splashed water on my face, and stared at my mirror reflection..

Just staring at the droplets trickling down my face slowly. My face was paler than usual, and my eyes darker too. The pink color on my lips had drained and was just as pale as the rest of my face.

 I looked absolutely horrible. I grabbed a towel and wiped my face, but some drops just kept on coming. I wiped them with my hands, and figured it was tears. I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom and down stairs.

I unconsciously slipped on my shoes and walked out to the cold night. I dub my hands in the pockets of my pants, and walked down the cold and dark street. I took long and fast steps and stopped by a couple

''Oppa, I know I’m not perfect... But thank you for loving me anyway..'' The girl said shyly and looked down at her feet in embarrassment.

 ''No one is perfect. But you're so close to being it'' The guy said and kissed the girls forehead.

The girl teared up and stared into the guys eyes.

 I couldn't stand it anymore, i had to get away from everything. But everything seemed to remind me of Sohee. She's always happy and bright.. And I thank God for making a beautiful creature like her.

I smiled to myself as I noticed that my feet led me to the park where I remember Sohee was.

 I bit down a grin, and thought about the time when we walked to the restaurant.

When she took a picture of us so we looked like a couple.

 When I woke up in the hospital, and she was there for me. And when I had first kissed her, till i back hugged her.

This Sohee.. She's really something special. And there's nothing I want to change about it.

But I couldn't help but think about if she would miss me.

Sometimes I wish I could disappear to see if anyone would miss me, or at least notice that I was gone.

The air became colder and I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm.

 I exhaled and looked at the big tree in the middle of the park. I stood up and walked towards it. I looked for a special mark on it, and smiled painfully for the millionth time today.

 I remembered when me and my mom walked to this park. We would sit by this tree, and just talk about everything. I found the special mark and it gently. It stood: D&M

-Daehyun and mom..

My smile became a sad smirk, and a tear escaped from my eye.

But I wasn't going to stop it. All of my sadness would have to come out some day.

So there I was.. Sitting under a tree full of memories. With my arms around my knees, and my head resting on them.

 Letting all of the tears I held back for years flow out. This will all come to an end.. Right?.....


Were close to the end of this story... And Daehyun... 

Anyway, how did you like this chapter?

Don't hestitate to subscribe or leave any comments! :D