Chapter 10

Hiding My True Self

B A D  M E M O R I E S 


 

I curled up into a ball beside of my bed as my head started spinning. Different images of bad memories intruded my mind as I tried to fight them back.

 All my past feelings were coming back. The sadness, the disappointments, the irritation, the hatred. Everything came back to me as I clenched my fist and punched the wall hard. I grabbed my hair and pulled it in frustration as I fell back on the bed. 

''Why are you doing this to yourself?'' she appeared beside of me.

''How many times have i told you to forget me? Honey, forget the past. It was all a mistake. Don't blame anyone Daehyun.'' She walked up to me and took my hands in hers.

''I love you with all my heart honey, don't live in the past. Live in the future. Don't blame him. He's your only family left'' 

''It's his fault! Why are you being like this!! I hate him!! I hate him!'' I yelled back as hot tears trickled down my red hot cheeks.

''Make me proud of you. Make me proud of being your mother'' Was the last thing she said as she faded away slowly.

''Mother!'' I cried and tried to grab her, but air was the only thing left. I fell to the floor as more memories intruded my mind.

 I yelled in pain from my hurting head and grabbed the locket I had.. As the only memory of my mom.. I opened it and broke down mentally.

 Ignoring the tears I let them stream down as much as they wanted. It was a picture of me, my mom, and my father. I had stabbed a hole into my father’s face on the picture.

 I hated him most on this planet and whole universe. I hated him more than Satan.. No, actually. For me, he is Satan.

*Flashback*

I heard yelling from my mother and fathers room, and peeked from the keyhole on the door.

''Give it to me now!'' My father yelled loudly.

 ''Honey, calm down, Daehyunnie will hear you'' mom said as she placed a hand on fathers shoulder.

''Don't touch me!'' My father snapped, slapping her hand away.

''Give it to me now'' My father yelled again.

''Honey, I already told you that I don't have it.'' Mom answered back. 

''Don't call me that disgusting word!'' Dad pulled out a gun from his jacket, making mom hold her hands up in defeat.

 ''I don't have it. I am telling you the truth dear'' Mom smiled sweetly.

''Then who has it?'' he spat. ''I don't know''

''And if you love me, you wouldn't pull the trigger'' Mom was shaky in her voice. 

''I stopped loving you many years ago, all I needed was your money, and now that you don't have it'' He placed the gun at her temple.

''I don't need you, anymore'' I widened my eyes and mom ran to the door then opened it.

''Daehyun.... I love you'' Was the last thing I ever heard from mom. Father had pulled the trigger.

Down goes mom...

*End of flashback*

And at that time... I was only six. I moved out to a villa with my maids, and I lived there ever since.

Mom started appearing in my dreams, giving me advices, and motherly love. Dad had been sending his company people to get me to talk to him, to hear that he's sorry, to hear that it wasn't his fault.

But I saw everything, and it was already too late to forgive. Actually, there was never any time to forgive.

 I hate him, and I always will. He shed my own mothers- and his wife’s blood, on me. He killed her cold hearted, without any hesitation.

Like he was hunting down an animal to eat.

Like she actually hadn't meant anything to her ever. And that’s when I stopped talking to people.

I started regretting ever getting born. I regretted my life. I never wanted to love anyone, because I thought that death would lead to it.

From crush- to love- to death, as simple as that. I stopped talking to people, and if I did talk, it would only be short sentences.

But somehow, Sohee made me talk more. A lot more than before. And now, I’m just glad that she didn't leave me even when I gave her the cold shoulder. She didn't give up on me. A

nd I think.. I like her. And if so, I'll have to stop. Love = Death. I'm not letting myself love, it’s as simple as that.


So, i revield some of his past. His cold hearted Father, and his lovely mom. You'll get to know more about his mother and father later! Sorry for the short update ...

So, don't hestitate to leave any comments or subscribe!