Chapter 3

Hiding My True Self

 N E X T  D A Y


 

I woke up lazily and usual morning routine. After I finished washing up and getting dressed, I walked heavily to a café near our school.

 

I sat down on my usual table beside of the glass wall to get a better view of the rising sun, and the orange-and-pink like sky. The sun was rising slowly, as students were walking towards the school.

 

 Everyone seemed to be so happy, smiling and fooling around. While I was here sitting alone. Suddenly I felt someone’s presence, and turned around to find a young waitress ready to take my order.

 

''What can I get you?'' the waitress asked, playing with her hair and smiling brightly.

 

 ''Double mocha with soya milk.'' I answered coldly, tightening the mask around my ears, and covering my hair over my ears.

 

She wrote something down on her note pad, which I assumed was my order, then handed it to me. I frowned at the number on the paper and crumbled it, throwing it over my shoulder.

 

 The waitress stared at the now crumbled paper in disbelief, and ducked her head down in embarrassment and went to get me my order. People these days.

 

The same young waitress returned, with coffee in her hand, and a cookie in the other. She handed them to her, and I just stared blankly at the cookie, not remembering ordering it.

 

''I gave you the cookie for free'' She said and smiled brightly, walking off to another table.

 

I looked at the customer the waitress was going to, and noticed a familiar face. The familiar girl smiled to my direction, and I just looked another way, pretending not to see her.

 

 I took a sip of my coffee and looked at my wrist, that had a silver clock on. I noticed that I had time to finish up my coffee, and tried enjoying it. I was about to take a bite of my chocolate chip cookie when someone sat down at the table, across from me.

 

 ''Hi, Daehyun'' A girl chimed. I looked up at her, and noticed it was the new girl. And forgetful as I am, I couldn't remember her name.

 

She noticed that I didn't answer, and decided to try to keep a conversation.

 

''You know there is a fashion competition next week..'' she somehow sounded nervous.

 

 ''And.. I kind of signed up for it. I was just wondering.. If you could be my.. You know..''

 

Her voice trailed off. I raised my eyebrows waiting for her to continue.

 

 ''Can you.. Be my model?'' She asked innocently as she bit her lower lip.

 

She innocently looked at my reaction. I just shook my head 'no'. She smiled, obviously a fake smile. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was a little bit down. But somehow after my answer, she didn't back out.

 

 ''It's okay. Maybe you can think about it?'' she smiled. I just looked down, and nodded carefully.

 

Suddenly I heard a loud grumbling sound, hoping that it wasn't my own stomach. I didn't feel hungry at all, so I looked up at the now embarrassed girl.

 

 ''Sorry..'' she mumbled, while her face formed a dark red color.

 

 This girl was really something, huh? I sighed and gave her my uneaten cookie, and stood up from my seat, ready to leave.

 

 As I was about to go I felt her hold my wrist back. Without saying a word or turning around, she continued.

 

 ''Can we walk to class together? I kind of forgot where our classroom was..'' 

 

I started walking, and she took it as a yes, and followed close behind.

 

We made our way to school, and down the halls, when B.A.P suddenly stopped me, making the girl bump into me.

 

I turned around and glared at her, as she bowed and mumbled sorry a few times.

 

 ''Hyung, is that the new girl?'' Zelo whispered happily, making me push him gently away from me.

 

 ''It is?'' Zelo asked wide eyed.

 

 ''It is what?'' the curious girl asked.

 

Zelo slung his arm around her shoulders and winked at her, making her cheeks redden.

 

 ''You're the new girl, aren't you?'' Zelo asked smirking.

 

 She just nodded innocently and looked at her shoes.

 

''So what's your name cutie?'' Zelo winked at her again.

 

 ''My name is Sohee'' She said and bowed.

 

Zelo pinched her cheeks and introduced her to all the members. They were chatting and laughing, leaving me behind.

 

 Picking a new girl over their best friend. I stood up and walked to the school garden, and looked at the time. We still had good time till the school started.

 

Silently I walked under a tree, and hid in the shadows. Not noticing Sohee had been following me at all.

 

 ''Why did you leave?'' She asked innocently. I jumped at her sudden presence, and looked at her.

 

 ''don't do that, ever again.'' I glared at her.

 

 ''You.. You talked..'' she blinked surprised. To be honest, I was a little surprised too. Normally I would have ignored her. But she's just.. Not like the others. She's annoyingly weird.

 

Out of nowhere a black van appeared in front of it. I blinked and noticed the black car in no time. It was my dad’s company’s car.

 

 A tall and muscled guy in a suit walked up to me and glared at me. I just glared back, waiting for him to say something.

 

 ''You're Jung Daehyun, am i right?'' he asked with his deep voice.

 

 I just shook my head. He grabbed my collar and pulled me up.

 

''Don't play games'' The man said.

 

Sohee on the other hand panicked, not knowing what was happening.

 

 ''Get in.'' The man said.

 

 ''Get in, now''. Sohee stood up fast and walked quickly to us.

 

''I think you're mistaking. This isn't Jung Daehyun.'' She said firmly, and smiled her bright smile.

 

''Back off, kid.'' The man answered her.

 

 ''No, you're mistaking, this is.. Kang Byungjoo.'' She said again.

 

 The man thought for a while, then let go of my collar.

 

I freshened out the collar and glared at him.

 

 ''Sorry for this mistake.'' The man said, and hurried inside the car, then took off.

 

 I looked over at Sohee, and she sighed in relief.

 

 ''You owe me!'' she laughed. I just stood there in disbelief. A new girl from school just saved me.

 

 A new girl.

 

 ''So about the model thing'' she smiled widely. I just nodded. Her eyes widened.

 

''You.. You'll do it? Really?'' I just nodded again, and went to class.