Chapter 15

Hiding My True Self

 

"Does this perfume smell good?" I asked.

She pushed me off embarrassed of our position, and straightened out her skirt. "Don't tease me!" She pouted cutely. I couldn't help but to let out a small chuckle. 

 


 

N E X T  D A Y

I tightened my leather mask, and walked through the school gates. My back pack was heavy as usual, and my uniform was crisp and ready for a day of use. I smiled behind my leather mask, and found myself walking towards Sohee’s locker. To my surprise she was standing with someone else... A guy.. Jiyong.

I furrowed my brows and walked faster towards them. I couldn't really hear what they were talking about, but my body controlled me, and pulled Sohee tight to my safe arms. 

''HEY!'' Jiyong started, but i had already left him there alone, and pulled Sohee with me. 

''Daehyun? are you okay?'' she asked worried.

''Yeah I'm okay.. just..'' i stopped in my words, and looked into Sohees eyes. 

''Do you want to hangout after school together?'' I smiled at her.

‘’Uh, sure’’ She mirrored my smile.

I pulled her close to me and she widened her eyes. ‘’What are you doing, Daehyun?’’ She asked her voice trembling slightly.

‘’Let’s skip classes together’’ I whispered in her ear.

She took a step back and gaped at me.

‘’No way!’’ She waved her hands frantically.

I pulled her close to me again and looked deeply into her eyes.

‘’Let’s skip classes together’’ I repeated and smiled again.

‘’But-‘’

I placed my finger to her lips and looked at her.

‘’No buts. Let’s go before the teacher catches us’’ I took her hand in mine and hear girls whispering and gasping.

We walked out of the school gates and relaxed as the school was out of our sight.

‘’What do you want to do?’’ I asked biting my lower lip.

‘’I-I don’t know..’’ She almost whispered.

‘’Let’s go to Lotte world then’’

She beamed and looked at me with a glint of excitement in her eyes. ‘’Really!? You’ll take me to Lotte world!?’’

‘’Why wouldn’t I? Let’s go’’ I grabbed her hand again and we started walking to the bus stop.

We walked inside the bus and I flashed the bus driver my ticket as we sat down.

‘’I’m so excited!’’ Sohee chimed.

She pulled out her phone and looked at me.

‘’Let’s take a picture!’’ She beamed.

‘’No’’ I said coldly and looked out of the window.

She pouted and looked at my reflection on the window as a smile crept on her face.

‘’Hey, Daehyun’’ Sohee said carefully.

I turned around to look at her, just as the camera flashed and she took a picture of us.

She looked at it for a while before smiling sweetly and showing it to me.

‘’Send it to me’’ I smiled back.

‘’W-What?’’ She looked stunned.

‘’Give me that’’ I grabbed her phone out of her hands and sent the picture to myself.

I set the picture as her background on her phone and gave it back to her.

She looked up at me with slightly open.

Right on the cue, the bus stopped at our location and I grabbed her hand and pulled her out with me.

 

 

‘’Let’s ride that one!’’ She looked up at me excitedly I nodded and walked with her to the line.

We sat on the Ferris wheel and watched as the man closed our door.

Sohee was sitting in front of me as I gazed at her.

‘’A-Actually, I think we should get off’’ She started shivering.

But it was already too late as the wheel started moving upwards.

‘’Are you scared?’’ I asked teasingly.

‘’Mhm’’ She answered honestly and closed her eyes.

‘’Sohee, open you eyes’’ she shook her head.

‘’Sohee’’ I looked at her as she only closed her eyes harder.

I sighed and stood up to sit beside of her, and wrapped my arms around her.

‘’You’re safe now, you can open your eyes’’

She did as I said and looked at me, blushing like a red tomato.

‘’You’re cute when you blush’’ That just made her blush even more.

I smiled at her and she looked another direction as she pushed me away from her.

The Ferris wheel came to a harsh stop, which made Sohees eyes widen.

‘’We have some technical problems but don’t panic, we’ll try to fix it as fast as possible.’’

The speakers said. Sohee widened her eyes even more and looked at me.

‘’I told you it was a bad idea!’’ She bit her lower lip.

‘’Well it was your idea to go to the Ferris wheel’’ I smirked.

I went closer to her and wrapped her in a warm hug again.

‘’I told you you’re safe with me here’’

She nodded and leaned her head on the crook of my neck.

The Ferris wheel started moving again and before we knew it, we were off of it.

It was already dark outside. I looked at the time and looked over at Sohee.

‘’It’s already 17:30’’ I said to her.

‘’Let’s head home’’

Again, we walked with intertwined hands towards the bus stop.

‘’I had fun today, thank you Daehyun’’ She looked at her shoes.

‘’Anytime’’ I bit my lip sadly.

I gazed at her and she was looking at the stars, a smile plastered on her face.

*I’ll miss her* I thought sadly.

‘’Look! A shooting star!’’ She widened her eyes and beamed.

‘’Wish for something!’’ She said and closed her eyes.

I closed my eyes too.

*I wish………….*

I opened my eyes and hoped for it to come true.

‘’What did you wish for?’’ She smiled.

‘’If I told you, it wont happened’’ I chuckled.

The bus stopped in front of us and we walked in, finding a seat.

‘’I hope my wish will come true’’ she whispered as she closed her eyes and leaned her head on my shoulder.

I smiled after hearing that and leaned my head on hers.

We walked out of the bus and after a long argument I won and he gave up, so I followed her home.

‘’Thanks for today, Daehyun’’

*If the legend is true, my wish will happen now* She thought and shook her head.

‘’Anytime’’ He smiled again.

She turned around and twisted the doorknob.

‘’Wait, Sohee’’ I grabbed her wrist and closed the door so she couldn’t step inside.

I looked her in her eyes again.* It’s the last time anyway…* Daehyun thought sadly.

‘’What is i-‘’ She was cut off when our lips met eachother. She was stunned for some seconds.

And when she didn’t respond I took this as my chance. I grabbed her waist and closed all gap between us and deepened the kiss. I poured out all of my emotions into that kiss.

Finally Sohee responded, she wrapped her arms around my neck and I could feel her smile between the kiss.

I pulled away slowly and looked in her eyes, catching my breath. She blushed but I didn’t look away from her.

I grabbed her hand and kissed her lips softly again, and pulled away too quick for her liking.

‘’Goodnight’’ I smiled at her, as I looked at her flushed face.

‘’G-Goodnight’’ She stuttered, and walked inside her house.

*I guess this was our last day together* I let a tear escape my eye.


Guys, i'm so sorry for not updating for a loong time! I was practicing on how to write better, so you guys would enjoy my fanfics!

Don't forget to subscribe or leave any comments!

You're also more then welcome to subscribe to my new fanfic The Opposite.