Chapter 4

Hiding My True Self

A F T E R  S C H O O L


 

''Thank you so much for doing this!'' Sohee squeaked exited.

 ''I would have lost the competition, if I didn't have you!'' she continued.

 I just nodded and looked away as I made my over to the café.

''Daehyun! There's a meeting this afternoon, and all the competitors and models have to come.

It's in the school room number 53. So, are you free?''

 I just sighed annoyed, waiting for her to go another direction home.

 ''It's okay if you rather would sleep at home. I mean.. Its not that important to win.''

 I could tell she was lying, just by listening to how she mumbled the last part.

''So.. are you free?'' She asked, a little hope in her voice.

Even though I was free, I wouldn't want to spend my free time at some boring meeting to something i actually don't want to do at all. I just shook my head 'no'.

 ''Oh.. Well.. See you tomorrow?'' She said, making it sound like a question.

 I didn't respond, and we went our own ways. I walked towards the café, while she walked towards her home.

I entered the cafè and made my way to the usual table.

 I looked out of the glass wall, and noticed smoke coming out of students mouths as they exhaled. No wonder. It's November after all.

 I pulled out my Samsung galaxy s-III and checked the weather for this week. I sighed, seeing that it wasn't going to be hot from now on.

Putting the Samsung back into my pocket, the same flirty waitress came up to me and smiled brightly.

''You're back again to see me, right?'' She giggled.

 I just shook my head. Can't anyone just do their own work properly? Instead of hiring girls who flirt with their customers?

 ''Okay then, what would you like to order?'' she asked, trying some aegyo.

 I frowned in disgust, and ordered my usual. The waitress came back with my paper cup with mocha, and I accepted it with both hands walking out of the café.

 I sipped my coffee as I walked towards my home.

 I was right outside my mansion, when I recognized a black van, outside the gates. I walked past it, seeing it was empty and walked through the garden, towards the front door.

Slowly pulling out the keys from my black leather jacket, I opened the door and stepped inside, closing it behind me.

 I took off my jacket, and shoes, as I heard a familiar deep voice. Slow and lazily I walked to the living room only to find the same man as earlier sitting there, and waiting for me.

 ''Oh Byungjoo. I didn't expect you to be here.'' The deep voiced man said.

I just nodded, and glared at him at the same time.

''So what are you doing here?'' He asked, raising his eyebrow.

 ''He lives here'' My maid interrupted, understanding that I faked a name to get away from the man. 

''He's a really busy boy, and has things to do. So do you mind going?'' My maid asked firmly.

 The man nodded and walked over to me, patted my shoulder, and walked out of the house.

 I sighed loudly and slumped down on the couch.

 ''Mr. Jung your father called earlier.'' The maid said and looked at me with worried eyes.

''He wanted to eat dinner with you this afternoon.'' she continued, checking my reaction.

 ''Are you going?'' she asked again. I just looked at her and shook my head.

''But Mr. Jung. Your father said it was urgent and he said tha-''

''I have plans'' I interrupted her.

 ''What kind of plans?'' She asked furrowing her brows.

 I thought for a while, then remembered something.

 ''Modeling for a competition.'' I answered.

 ''Where?'' She asked curious.

 Annoyed, I stood up and walked to my room and sat down trying to clear my mind. Now that I told my maid, I’d have to go.. I ruffled my hair in frustration.

C O M P E T I T O R  &  M O D E L  M E E T I N G

 

I grabbed the cold metal doorknob and pushed it down as I opened the door slowly and stepped inside the meeting room.

 People turned around their heads and gasped and whispered.

 ''oh my god! It’s Daehyun! He’s so hot!'' I could hear someone whisper.

''Omo, what is Daehyun doing here?''

 ''who's the lucky person who got him as a model! I want him to be my model!'' someone sobbed.

 I tightened my mask and recognized a familiar back. Sohee clearly didn't know I was here at all, she hadn't even turned around!

Why didn't she turn around? I shook off the thoughts and sat down beside of her.

She turned her head in surprise and blinked in disbelief.

 ''Daehyun?'' she whispered.

 ''Why are you here?'' she whispered again.

''No, actually. What made you change your mind?'' she asked.

 I just ignored her, and pretended to listen to the speech the teacher was holding. And from the corner of my eye, I could see a smile spread across Sohees face. 

The meeting ended quick since I came one hour late.

 My stomach suddenly growled as we exited the hall.

I clutched my stomach in embarrassment, and looked around to see if anyone else then Sohee heard.

 Sohee giggled and continued looking at the outfit she designed for me. It wasn't done, but she had to know what she would need to make it.

My stomach growled once again but this time lower. I did a mental face palm, and looked over at Sohee.

''You're hungry, right?'' she asked amused.

 I just nodded slowly. I looked around to see if I could find any good restaurants, then spotted one.

 I grabbed Sohees wrist to stop her from walking further, as she blinked in surprise.

 I pointed to the restaurant, and she just giggled and followed behind me. I walked up to the door, and held it up for her, letting her enter first.

 I walked over to a table in a private room, because I didn't want any attention and made Sohee sit down.

She just nodded and obeyed me.

 I got up from my seat and walked out of the room to order some food. Of course the first thing i thought of was bulgogi.

 ''Two bulgogi plates'' I said to the young girl behind the cash register, and handed her the money.

 ''Where's your seat?'' The young waitress asked. I pointed to the private room, and she nodded.

I walked back in the room to find Sohee sending her old friends selfcams.

 I sat down beside of her and looked at her stupid posing as I frowned.

Suddenly she moved really close to me as I removed my mask, and she rested her head on my shoulder as she took a selfcam of us.

 She then moved away from me, giggling and sent it to her friends.

She then held her phone up, and showed me the picture. And to my surprise we looked like a cute couple. But I wasn't planning on saying that. Ever. 

The food came, and Sohee looked at me smiling.

 ''You bought for me too?'' She asked in awe. I just nodded and started eating. Then we continued eating without a word. 

We walked silently as the sky darkened, leaving the only lights to be from the shops and streetlights.

 I walked her home in silent, till we came to a stop. She turned towards me and smiled sweetly.

 ''Thank you for tonight. I had a great time'' she smiled, and I just nodded. Then suddenly she leaned in closer..

Closer..

And closer.

I widened my eyes as our lips were just inches apart, when she suddenly hugged me instead.

She pulled away from the hug, and giggled.

 ''Why do you look so shocked?'' she asked innocently.

 I just shook my head.

 ''well, see you tomorrow, Daehyun'' She smiled.

 And with that, she turned around and opened the door to her house. I turned around still shocked, and walked home.


Sorry for the long chapter.. I'll try to make the other chapters shorter.

And also, don't hestitate to leave any comments or subscribe.