Chapter 2

Hiding My True Self

 

I looked around my room to see if there were any rooms or windows, maybe cameras watching over me. I didn't spot anything unusual or anything out of place. I stood up, and closed my curtains as I reached for a box under my bed.

The tips of my fingers only brushed past the box, and a lot of dust. I looked under the bed, then again made a move to grab it. Successfully I held it with both my hands and opened the small box, and stared at the insides.

 It was a silver locket necklace, with my name engraved on it. I brushed past my name and opened the locket by pressing on a silver locket opener. It opened slowly, and I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

 Small drops of sour tears started forming in my eyes as the tear became too heavy for my eyes to handle. Blinking it away, it started trickling down my cheeks, as the rest of the tears decided to follow.

 My heart started beating loud in my ears, as I could feel my blood pumping around my body. I inhaled and exhaled, trying to lock up my angriness and sadness into a cage and throw them away.

Where? I have absolutely no idea. Just far away from me. I leaned my back against the wall and salty tears trickled down my cheeks.

*knock knock* 

I quickly wiped away my tears and hid the locket inside the box and under the bed.

 "Mr. Jung your food is ready" the maid called from outside my room.

I walked up to the door, and made my way over to the kitchen. My chef made a whole lot of bulgogi and side dishes.

 I took my plate and took a bite of my bulgogi. My eyes widened at the taste, and I started chewing more and more. The taste was ability addicting. The meat was made really good and was juicy from the soya sauce and onions.

The salad was mixed perfectly with the juicy meat, and made the whole meal just fantastic. I kept on eating and I enjoyed every single bit of the Neal I just had. I ate till I was absolutely full, and walked back up to my room.

I looked out of the window and inhaled the fresh air in my nostrils, and exhaled through my mouth. I held out my hand to feel it was raining or not. And to my surprise, it wasn't. The stars were pretty clear, even though the sky wasn't fully black yet. I decided to take a walk.

I changed my clothes to a warm and comfortable black hoody and a pair of black jeans. I took my wallet with me, and made my way down the stairs.

 Not too fast, I slipped on my shoes and went out the door. There was a chilly breeze and the air felt damp as my legs led me somewhere. I looked up at the clear stars shining above me.

What would it be like to actually be a star? Watching over the night, fascinating people?

What about being a cloud? I know I sound stupid, but.. When I was a little kid I always wanted to be on a cloud. But that was in the past, when I thought this world was about happiness and filled with our mothers love. Not knowing how cruel this world really was.

 My legs had come to a stop, and I looked around to find myself in a park. I was a little bit happy inside, thinking I was all alone for once. But that happiness vanished not long after.

 I could hear sobbing behind a tree. I stood up and decided I could be my usual self for the person crying. There was a little chance for the person to be someone at school. So hoping it wasn't anyone who knew me, I slowly squatted beside of the crying girl.

 "Are you okay?" I asked softly.

 "No" the girl kept crying. *What am I supposed to do when a person answers no to that?* 

"Do you.. Want me to buy you some ice cream?" I asked, trying to comfort her.

 She looked up at me, and both of our eyes widened. "It’s you!" she whispered and pointed with a shaky hand.

 "I knew you weren’t a mute!" she mumbled to herself, but loud enough for me to hear.

 "You're not allowed" I said in a strict manner.

 "What?" she tilted her head in confusion.

 "you're not allowed to say this to anyone." I answered strict.

"not allowed to say what?" she asked.

 I stood up annoyed and walked away. *at least she stopped crying* I thought to myself.