Chapter 7

Hiding My True Self

B A C K  T O  S C H O O L . . .


 

 

I woke up early today and walked to school. My head was spinning and I felt a little bit weaker than usual. My eyes were droopy and my legs were unusually weak. I felt pretty warm too.

 

I walked through the school gates and sighed, as a girl winked at me.

 

 My mind went off to Hee Yeon and how she acted yesterday.

 

*why did she even do that?* I thought to myself as I walked to my locker.

 

I opened it and pulled out necessary books and pens to my first class. When I reached for a pen, someone bumped into me and made me drop it on the floor. 

 

I looked up to find Sohee standing there with a worried look. She bent down the same time as me and made a move to grab the pen, but I held her hand back.

 

She smiled innocently and looked into my eyes. ''It's just a pen, I can take I-'' 

 

''I'm sorry'' I pressed out, staring deeply into her eyes.

 

''what?--'' She widened her eyes in surprise.

 

 ''I'm sorry... about Hee yeon'' My head started spinning, and I could feel a stinging feeling in my head as everything started to fade away.

 

''Daehyun!'' was the last thing I heard, before everything went black.

 

 

''According to the information I’ve got, Jung Daehyun has been suffering this for about 4 years. This isn't something that can come this easily. But I can cover it for now, but not forever.'' A man with a deep voice said.

 

''Oh, okay..'' i heard a shaky voice and sniffling.

 

The door closed, and I opened my eyes slowly, blinking as I looked at the big white room I was in. I rubbed my eyes and sat changed my position in the bed.

 

*I'm in the hospital* I easily guessed. I sat up and looked around.

 

''Daehyun!!'' Sohee hurried over to me and hugged me tightly.

 

My heart started beating faster, and I felt my cheeks heating up.

 

*What!? I'm blushing..? why am I blushing!!* I screamed in my head.

 

''You don't know how scared I was of losing you!!'' she cried and hugged tighter.

 

 ''You haven't even known me for that long'' I answered her, trying to hide my blush, but it was a bit hard when she pulled away and held my hands.

 

 ''But, you're special. There's something with you.. something POSITIVE!! something positive''

 

she looked into my eyes. ''I can't lose you now'' she looked away embarrassed, but her gaze quickly returned to me. ''You're face is red!'' she held her hand up and cupped my cheeks.

 

 ''You're warm too!'' She stood up and grabbed a cup and returned back to me with a cup filled with water.

 

She sat down beside of me, and held the cup to my lips. I looked up at her but she shook her head.

 

 ''Don't move, I'll help you with everything'' She smiled lightly.

 

I somehow without knowing smiled back to her, and she looked a little taken aback.

 

I parted my lips and she pushed the cup lightly, letting the water slip into my mouth.

 

The liquid tickled in my throat and i started coughing. Sohee patted my back and i looked at her. 

 

''You don't have to do that'' I said to her.

 

''I don't do stuff because I have to, I do it if I want to'' she smirked and continued patting my back.

 

She placed a hand on my forehead, and i immediately blushed.

 

My heart started beating faster, and i held a hand to my heart. *Stupid heart.. Doesn’t know when to start beating fast*

 

 I brushed her hand off of my forehead and hid my blush again.

 

 ''Daehyun'' Sohees voice became serious. ''Do you still want to help me with the modeling?'' 

 

''I never really wanted to.'' I answered her.

 

 I could see the disappointment in her eyes, as she looked down.

 

 ''oh..'' She bit her lower lip.

 

''then you don't have to-''

 

 ''Don't worry, I'll do it'' I interrupted her.

 

 Her face lit up and a smile spread across her face. I smiled back at her.

 

''I like your smile'' she said and looked at me. ''You should use it more'' she continued. I smiled again.

 

''see? it's so cute'' she giggled.

 

 The door opened and Hee Yeon stepped inside with a red rose.

 

''Daehyunnie!~'' She squeaked. Then she looked at Sohee.

 

 ''Oh, you're here.'' then she walked over to me and held my hand. I'm sorry i didn't get to buy you a bunch of roses, but here's one'' she held it out with one hand to me.

 

I looked at Sohee, but she just looked away.

 

''Oppa! Take it!'' She whined.

 

I glared at Hee yeon.

 

 ''I don't want it'' I answered simply. From the corner of my eye, I could see Sohee holding back a laughter.

 

''Oppa~ why are you like this?'' She pouted and put the rose in my hands.

 

I sighed loudly and glared at her. ''You're annoying'' was all i answered back.

 

 ''I bought you soup!'' Hee yeon smiled. Sohee's eyes widened.

 

 ''Soup! I forgot all about mine, sorry I didn't want to buy.. You don't know what they might put in the soup in stores'' She pulled up a box from her bag and put it on the table beside of me.

 

Hee yeon looked at Sohee in disgust.

 

''He doesn't want your soup!'' she scoffed. I took Sohees soup and glared at Hee yeon.

 

 ''I don't want yours'' I continued glaring.

 

''That’s not how you treat a girlfriend!!'' she stomped her foot.

 

 I looked at Sohee, but she didn't look at me. ''Sohee, she's just kidding'' I laughed. But no reaction came from her.

 

''It's okay, i'll leave you two'' She smiled painfully and walked out the door.

 

Heeyeon laughed and looked at me. ''You should've seen her face!!'' she continued laughing. 

 

'''' I glared at her.

 

''Excuse me?'' She scoffed.

 

'', get out of here.''

 

''wha-'' ''I said. GET OUT!'' I interrupted her. I threw the rose at her. ''I don't want it''