Chapter 1

Hiding My True Self

 

 

It was another boring morning. I woke up and stretched my body as much as I could, and rubbed my eyes sleepily.  My vision was all blurry. I dragged my feet across the room and into the bathroom as I lazily brushed my teeth. I splashed cold water across my face, and stared at my reflection as the water slowly dripped from my chin to the floor. Lazily walking to the bath tub I the now cold water and waited for it to get warmer.

I opened a tiny pink box and grabbed three big pearls of dried soap, and dropped them into the bathtub. 

I walked out of the bathroom and looked out of the window. It was my favorite weather, rain. I loved the gray sad skies pouring out their insides, the towns are always busy, but what I loved the most about rainy days was that the city grows quiet.

I walked back into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Slowly I stripped of my clothes and sank down into the bathtub. The warm water covered my body but stopped right under my chin. I grabbed my plastic duck and played a little with it as I sank further down the water, till it stopped right under the tip of my nose.

I grabbed the now wet pearl soap and rubbed it around my body, closing my eyes and losing myself into my own dark thoughts. I got up from the tub when I heard a sudden knock on the bathroom door. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my hips. 

"Mr. Jung, I brought you the new washed school uniform." I heard my maid say from the other side of the door. I grabbed the door handle, unlocked the door and opened it wide. The maids’ cheeks suddenly filled a dark red color as she handed me my uniform.

I dried my hair with only one hand as the maid was looking at me. I kept my usual poker face on and closed the door again. I looked at my crisp uniform and began dressing myself up.

 As soon as I got done with getting dressed I slung the tie around my neck and squatted down on the floor to pull out a big black box made of fabric. I opened it and pulled out my usual black leather mask. Quickly I closed the box and hid it under the sink.

 I got up and exited the bathroom, only to find my maid waiting patiently to tie my tie. My maid was still in her twenties. She has black straight hair and a black and white uniform. I slowly made my way over to her, as she grabbed my tie and started fixing it.

 Under her uniform I could see a silver necklace. I leaned in close to her till our face was just inches away from each other. She shifted uncomfortably, and I just walked away as she finished my tie. I covered my mouth and nose with my leather mask and grabbed my black umbrella as I made my way over to my black car.


 

I was late for class, but just casually walked over to my seat at the back of the classroom.

 "Jung Daehyun, can you explain why you're this late?" the teacher asked. I just stared right into her eyes. Five seconds of silence passed, as the teacher decided to break the silence again.

 "Jung Daehyun! Explanation now." the teacher demanded, I just kept my poker face on.

 The teacher sighed loudly and smiled to a girl I hadn't noticed at all.

"Well, since Jung Daehyun interrupted, I guess you'll have to introduce yourself again." the teacher smiled.

«oh, my name is Sohee, and  I'm new here. Please take care of me" the new girl said.

 I looked out of the window, not impressed at all. Hours passed, and in no time, it was already lunch. I walked over to the cafeteria and bought double mocha with soya milk, and sat down with B.A.P.

 "Daehyun, I've heard you’ve got a new girl in your class." Himchan wriggled his eyebrows at me, but I on the other side just kept quiet.

 "Hyung, what does she look like? Is she pretty?" Zelo asked suddenly lighting up at the word 'girl'.

I lowered my mask as I took a sip of my mocha and shrugged.

"What do you mean, you don't know? She's in your class!" Zelo whined and held my arm. I wriggled away from his grip and continued sipping on my coffee.


School went by fast, and I stood beside of the school gates, looking at the gray sky pouring water out.

 "Aish, and I didn't even bring my own umbrella!" I heard a voice beside of me.

 I rolled my eyes and looked at the gray skies again. "All my books will get wet" she mumble to herself.

 "aishh and even my-" I held my umbrella in front of her, as she looked at me surprised.

I on the other side hadn't taken the chance to look at her face yet.

 "tha..thank you" she said with a low voice. I looked down at her, and noticed it was the new girl.

 "Thank you so much!" she bowed quickly. She held out her hand to me, but I just glared at it.

"I'm Sohee." she said and waited for me to shake her hand. After a few seconds, she lowered her hand and took the hint.

 "Sorry" she mumbled looking away. I rolled my eyes again and started walking out the gates. But from the corner of my eyes I could see a smile spread over her face, as she skipped happily with my umbrella covering her from the rain.