Chapter 11

Hiding My True Self

N E X T  W E E K  A F T E R  S C H O O L


 

''Daehyun! I found you'' Sohee tried to catch her breath as she held her knees exhaling and inhaling. 

I turned around to face her, when I felt someone else’s presence. You didn't even have to guess to know who it was. Jiyong was with Sohee wherever she went these days.

 It was actually driving me crazy seeing him every single day with Sohee. Every. Single. Day.

I frowned as he smiled at me, then I turned to walk away from them.

 ''Daehyun! wait!'' She held my shoulder tightly as if she would never see me again.

My frown got deeper as I turned around annoyed, and was met by her sad and teary puppy eyes.

 ''Daehyun, why are you avoiding me these days?'' she asked innocently. 

Because seeing you with someone else makes me feel betrayed. 

''I'm not'' I answered simply.

 She narrowed her eyes at me, and I lowered my gaze to the ground. ''You're lying'' she looked at me.

''I'm not''

''Your mouth tells me something, but your eyes says it all'' I looked back up to her saying

 ''You don't know me'' and with that I walked away. Sohee on the other side was crushed.

I walked towards the park and walked towards a lonely bench.

There were three kids playing together some feet away from me, and I just looked at them and unconsciously smiled at the sight.

 I remembered playing in this exact park when I was a little kid. My mom would always take me here and play with me, and then we would feed the birds and eat ice cream afterwards.

 I remember being happy.. And I don't remember how being happy feels anymore.

Suddenly I saw the little boy push the little girl on the ground, making her dirty, and crying. Judging from his face I could see that he was saying something to the girl, but my ears couldn't pick it up.

 The two little guys ran away from the girl, and I stood up and made my way over to her.

Squatting down to her level I said;

 ''Hey, little one'' and smiled at her.

She looked at me with cute big puppy eyes and tears trickling down her cheeks.

 ''Why are you crying?'' I asked worriedly.

 ''T-those g-guys were mean t-to me'' she sobbed.

her back I smiled letting her know I was there for her. 

''Shh, don't cry.. Don't cry.. Shh'' I pulled her to my embrace, holding the back side of her head with one hand, and her back with the other.

 ''They w-were so mean to m-me'' she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I pulled out from the embrace and held the side of both of her arms, making her face me.

''Don't cry cutie'' I wiped away a tear with my thumb.

 ''Smile, seeing you smile makes other people smile. Make people happy, and they will do the same to you'' She stared into my eyes, and smiled cute.

 ''You're like a prince'' she blushed.

 ''Then you'd be the princess'' I poked her nose, making her giggle cutely.

''Thank you oppa..'' she looked at the ground, then back at me.

 She leaned in and kissed my cheek, then ran away happily. I touched where she kissed me, and smiled to myself.

I walked towards the bench again, and sat down as I pulled out my phone.

Meet me at the park

I pressed the send button and closed my eyes, letting my mind wonder off. I felt my phone vibrating and I opened the screen to see a message.

ok, love you.

*love you??* I thought confused and frowned. Suddenly I felt more weight on my left shoulder, and I looked to the side to find Sohee smiling happily.

''Sorry, my sister wrote the 'I love you' thing.. So, why did you want me here?'' she asked.

 ''no reason'' I answered simply just to .

When I'm around her, I feel like I can be my true self. My real self. Which I haven't yet.

 ''What? So I came here for no reason?''

''so you rather be with Jiyong than with me, right?'' I suddenly snapped at her.

She immediately blushed and started playing with her fingers.

 ''So I was right..'' I whispered loud enough for her to hear. Her head snapped up and she looked at me.

''I rather be with you'' she smiled shyly.

I felt my cheeks heating up and suddenly I became nervous.

The sky became darker and the air felt colder. The wind blew coldly and I could tell that Sohee was cold, since she didn't wear a jacket.

I took of my jacket and placed it around her, and fixed it. Halfway done I stopped, noticing that she was staring at me. 

Once our eyes met, I felt like I couldn't look away. Like there was something keeping me from doing it, and there actually was.

My heart, told me not to do so, and of course I followed it. ''Want to.. know something?'' she asked carefully. 

I nodded. ''I don't have a sister'' she admitted.

 ''So-''

‘’'yeah'' she interrupted me shyly, and broke the eye contact.

''And I asked you to come here for a reason'' I suddenly said.

 ''Mh'' was all she answered.

I rolled my eyes at her.

''I just need to let this go of my heart...'' She looked up to meet eyes with me, as i started.

 ''I was six years old. My birthday was the day before the incident.. I was all happy because I had actually managed to save up some money to give my mom a present as a thank you for everything. I had bought her a silver bracelet with a key shape that had diamonds on''

I chuckled at myself for remembering the details.

 ''I was about to knock on the door to my mom and dad’s room, when I suddenly heard yelling. My dad had targeted mom  for something. Still now at my age I can't figure out what he had needed from my mom. My mother was innocent, but my father didn't believe in her.. He told her that he stopped loving her years ago, and that he only needed the thing he was looking for, from her. So when mom claimed she was innocent.. My dad placed a gun at her temple'' my voice cracked up, and I bit my lip to hold my tears in.

''My mom reached for the door... And when she did, she looked me in my eyes.. And.. My dad..'' My voice was all cracked up and I couldn't get myself to say anything more..

A tear escaped from my eye, and I wiped it away quickly. Then suddenly we heard a phone buzzing.

She took out my phone from my jacket and looked into my eyes.

 ''It's your girlfriend'' Sohee said and smiled painfully.

 I looked at the screen and saw that Heeyeon had called herself 'girlfriend' on my phone.

 I looked into Sohees eyes. I cupped her cheeks and made her look into my eyes too.

I leaned in inches from her face. I really couldn't help myself from doing it. I could already feel her breathing on my lips.

 ''What are you-'' She was cut off when our lips met.

 It felt like electricity had shot through my body, feeling her soft lips on mine. They moved perfectly with each other, like they were meant to be. She wrapped her arms around my neck, as I held her waist, pushing her down on the bench.

She tightened her grip around my neck, trying to close off any gap between us as I her back.

After what seemed like 3 minutes I pulled back, breathing heavily and gasping for air. I smiled down at her, and she grinned back. 

I don't regret a thing


It was extremely embarrasing writing the .. I'm really bad ad those kind of stuff... sorry. And Sohee confessed.. indirectly.. haha..

Don't hestitate to leave any comments or subscribe!