Chapter 6

Hiding My True Self

A N N O Y I N G  A N D  F A K E


 

I walked around with Hee Yeon for hours to look for a new shirt. She kept on showing me shirts with light colors like baby pink, white, baby blue, light green and light yellow and so on.

I kept on shaking my head in denial of each shirt she showed me, until we came to a black one. It had silver studs on the shoulders, with a leather layer under the studs.

 I nodded my head in approval, and grabbed it as i walked to the cash register. 

''That will be 20.000 won.'' The old ahjumma said, smiling sweetly.

 I paid her the price and walked out of the entrance. 

''Oppa'' I looked down at Hee Yeon who clung to my arm.

''Wait here, I’m just going to buy something in the same shop'' She skipped inside the shop not letting me reply.

I sighed loudly and picked up my phone to check if I had any notifications. As the light on my phone lit up, 3 messages popped up. All of them were from an unknown number. I frowned lightly as I opened the texts.

Text Message From: Unknown Number

To: Jung Daehyun

At: 17:42

Daehyun! Why did you say that you didn't know me? It hurts.. You know.. T-T

And who was that girl? Your girlfriend? Or.. Maybe just your friend?

 

Text Message From: Unknown Number

To: Jung Daehyun

At: 17:57

You really don't like me being around you, right? It's okay. i can stop.

But you're still helping me with the modeling right? It’s kind too late to back out now..

 

Text Message From: Unknown Number

To: Jung Daehyun

At: 18:07

Sorry.. Ignore the messages above.. I guess I’m just overreacting.. Forgive me?

Don't hate me!

 

Not noticing I chuckled as I was done reading the messages. This drama queen.. really.. I chuckled again, and put the phone into my pocket again. 

''Why didn't you answer them?'' I jumped at Hee Yeon's sudden presence.

She giggled girly and hit my arm lightly. I just stared down at the bag in her hand. I pointed at them, and looked at her.

She opened the bag and understandingly and pulled out a shirt.

I just stared at it and immediately regret that i bought mine, realizing she picked it out as a couple shirt. I did a mental face palm and glared at her.

 ''What? Don't like it?'' She asked innocently.

''We can't wear that together'' I answered simply.

 ''b-but.. Oppaaa! waee?'' she asked and hit my chest lightly, trying aegyo on me.

 ''no'' i answered as simple as it was. 

''oppa.. why are you so stubborn...?'' she asked and looked at her shoes.

I just shook my head and closed my eyes for some seconds, clearing my mind.

 ''Boyfriends aren't supposed to be so stubborn towards their girlfriends you know..'' She frowned lightly, suddenly rubbing her arms.

I just stared at her in disbelief and coughed.

 ''Oppaa! I'm cold!'' She whined and looked at me with those irresistible puppy eyes. 

''I don't care?'' I answered, looking away from her.

''But.. Oppaaaa!~'' She whined again. I massaged my temples, and looked down at her again.

 ''You're supposed to give me your jacket, oppa!'' she stomped her foot on the ground.

''I’m not supposed to do anything, and don't expect me to do anything either.'' i glared at her, then started walking towards another shop.

 She followed quickly behind and clung onto my arm again.

 ''Oppa, where should we go next?'' She asked as she looked around the streets for other shops.

''There oppa!~'' She pointed to a couple store and jumped happily.

*You said you were a little bit like me.. You're not.. At all..* I thought as i rolled my arms and followed her.

I looked into the shop from the glass walls to check if there were anyone i knew there, and walked in as i didn't spot anyone. As we slowly walked in, Hee Yeon started pulling me further in to the shop to the clothes section.

''Aww, this would look cute on us!'' she smiled as she held up a grey hoodie with a kitty’s paw printed on the front.

*Who said we would wear anything together?* i thought to myself as I shook my head in denial. She pouted and continued looking for couple hoodies.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating, and I slid my hand down my pocket and pulled out my phone.

UNKNOWN NUMBER CALLING...

I frowned and ignored the call. When I was about to put my phone down the pocket again, it started calling... again.

UNKNOWN NUMBER CALLING. . .

''aishh'' I ignored the call once again. Hee Yeon looked at my phone, then at me, then at the phone again.

 ''Who was that?'' She asked in a sort of y way.

''No one'' I answered and looked at my phone.

 ''I know that someone called you. Just tell me.''

''No'' She sighed  and took one last glance at my phone. I slid it down my pocket and walked towards her. Suddenly we heard a pling behind us.

New customers. Hee Yeon looked behind me at the customers and I decided to just ignore it. Without me seeing, Hee Yeon smirked and suddenly acted really cute.

 ''Oppa! Let's buy this cute couple hoodie!'' She jumped happily clapping her hands then clung on my arm looking excitingly up at me

. Having enough of her whining I just nodded.

 ''Yay! you're the best boyfriend ever!'' She jumped up and down, and suddenly leaned in and kissed my cheek. Somehow, i didn't feel anything. actually, i didn't feel a thing.

 Not even a tingly feeling! nothing. Just.. nothing. It felt more like a friendly kiss. Like kisses the friends share that doesn’t mean anything.

Before i could protest about us being a couple she pulled me into a changing room and pushed me to the wall. She walked up to me and whispered seductively in my ear, so that I could feel her breath on my neck.

 ''Only one step more'' She made my neck hair raise and a shiver was sent down my spine. My eyes widened as she leaned in closer to my mouth. Right at that moment, Sohee walked into the changing room and Hee Yeon turned around. Taking this as my chance, I pushed Hee Yeon off of me and ran out of the store.

My feet led me to a park, and i bent down, steading myself with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

''damn it'' I pressed out from my heavy breathing.

 ''Damn it!'' I punched a tree hard, and sled down sitting on the cold grass with my hands over my face. 

''That little-- ughh!'' I ran my hands through my hair and sighed irritated. ''What a b-- aishhh!'' I ruffled my hair in frustration and sighed again.

 

Text Message From: Unknown Number

To: Jung Daehyun

At: 19:56

So that's why you ignored me..

 

I sighed again for the millionth time today and covered my face with my hands, closing my eyes hard.


Finally a long chapter again, huh? Sorry for not updating for a while.. I had to prepare myself for a test.. But thanks for reading this long!

What do you think about this chapter? Do you want anyone else from maybe another group to pop up? Maybe some ideas or wishes? 

Don't hestitate to leave any comments or subscribe! :D See ya in next chapter!