the second interview

Song and Key

MeiXing's POV

 

“Hyung, ready for the interview?” red headed boy asks Kibum.

“As ready as I can be,” he laughs.

“Jinjja!” a female voice screams.

We turn to a blonde girl on the opposite side of the room.

“What’s wrong?” an ajuma asks her.

“My stylist is stuck in traffic,” she says becoming distressed. “I’m on in ten minutes and I have no makeup on.  It’s supposed to look like this,” she points to a picture tacked on the mirror and collapses her entire upper body onto the counter. “oetoke?”

“Poor CL nuna,” the boy says shaking his head. “Apparently they already shot part of the segment in town. They were going to film the live part today and it would look odd if her makeup was different. It’s a big part of her outfit.”

Kibum only looks at me.

I make a face. “It can’t be that difficult,” I say and walk over to her.

“Excuse me?” I say and the girl looks up.

“If you want and autograph I’d have to tell you I can’t. Sorry.” She looks completely helpless.

“I know I’m not a true makeup stylist, but I know quite a bit about it.”

Her eyes light up. “Jinjja!” she starts talking really fast which causes me to cover my face with my hands.

“What’s wrong?”

“I peek through my fingers. “Korean is my second language. You just overwhelmed me, that’s all.”

“What’s your first language? French? Japanese? English?”

I clap my hands. “English.”

She sighs. “Ok. If you think you can get my makeup to look almost exactly like this, then it’s all you. But it takes my stylist about six minutes to get the whole thing done. Her stuff it here, but she’s not.”

I blink. “Your English is perfect.”

“Thanks, I study in America, but can you tell me if you think you can do it or not?”

I look at the image and then at the girl and to the image.

“Totally do-able. It may not be exact, but it’ll be pretty close.”

She exhales deeply. “That’ll be great thank you so much…uh, what is your name?”

“MeiXing,” I say grabbing the eyeliner.

“My stylist usually starts with the powder.”

“Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing,” I smile.

I outline the shapes that line her lid and come out from the corners. Next I prime her eyes and add shadow to the area. I try the blend the colors to match the picture as best I can.

“Where’s the liquid liner?” I ask digging through the bag of makeup.

“I don’t know what she did with it,” she says with wide eyes.

I set my purse down and shuffle through the contents. My fingertips feel the broken phone and then a thin container.

“Got it.” I pull out my liner and start filling in the shapes. “It’s done,” I say and turn her to the mirror.

“Omo! It’s exactly the same! MeiXing thank you so much!”

“Is it ok if I change one little thing?”

She nods.

I take my glitter eyeliner and add sparkle to her eyelashes.

“Where did you get that? It’s a perfect touch.”

I laugh at her excitement. “My friend gave it to me as a present. I hope this isn’t too much of a change, I just thought it would add that extra something.”

When I’m finished she stands up and gives me a hug.

“MeiXing, thanks a million. I know it’s crazy to say that makeup would ruin something, but I think not having it would ruin the performance.”

I bow slightly to her. “I’m sorry I haven’t heard of your music before,” I stop and think. “Or maybe I have!”

“2NE1’s stage call,” a man yells into the room.

“I’ve gotta go. Thanks and I hope to see you again,” she says and then leaves the room.

“Woah. You made her eyes pop just like the picture,” the boy wows.

“It was nothing. Just helping out.”

I look at key who’s walking towards me. “You are a-amazing,” he says completely shocked.

“Kibum-yah, there’s no need to exaggerate,” I laugh.

“I’m not though.”

Someone shouts something in korean that I don’t understand.

“Thank you Ajjushi,” the boy yells.

Kibum takes a step closer to me. “Just stay here and wear this,” he says taking off his ID badge and pinning it onto scarf. “No one should give you any trouble. If you go out to the live audience someone might make a fuss about you not paying.”

I smile, “I’ll stay here. Kibum Hwaiting!” I cheer.

 

Kibum's POV

 

I turn away from MeiXing to hide the fact that my face is completely red. What is this strange feeling? I don’t want to leave her because I don’t want anyone to bother her. Is that right? There’s something else that’s been bugging me. Another feeling that I can’t place. I don’t want her to see who I really am. I don’t know if it’s because I’m scared that she’ll become fake towards me or possibly…would she hate me for lying?

 

_____________________

so last week's school kicked my ...but i'm gonna try to have another upload sometime this week. anyways~

much love,

meimeng <3