an escape.

Song and Key

 

KiBum's POV

 

“Kibum,” a voice giggles and I feel my mouth curl into a smile.

“Yah! Oppa, wake up,” the voice says into my ear and then I feel light fingertips pressing against my sides.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

“Oppa, I know you’re awake,” the voice teases. “How about I make you breakfast?”

I keep my eyes shut.

“Fine, there’s one way to fix this.” I feel a light press on my lips and my eyes snap open.

Again, I’m alone.

Again, MeiXing is with someone else.

And yet, I still wake up with her.

 

MeiXing's POV

 

I lean my head against the glass of Taewon’s car window. He mutters useless words into the phone and I start to loose consciousness.

“Yah,” a sweet voice whispers to me.

I curl myself into a ball and cover my ears.

“WAKE UP!” the voice yells and I reluctantly open my eyes.

“You can’t be sleeping on the job, I pay you remember?!” Taewon complains but I just try and become adjusted to the sunlight.

I situate myself back into the seat and rewrap my scarf around my face.

Who said ‘yah’?

I shake my head.

Must have been a dream.

We pull up in the parking lot and Taewon is still chastising me about sleeping at work.

I push my sunglasses up and exit the car as soon as is stops.

“YAH!” he yells but I continue walking. “YAH! ChoHee! I’m not done talking to you.”

Just shut up~” I breathe opening the door to the building.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the woman at the counter greets me.

“Annyo!” say walking over to her. “Excuse me but could you tell me which room SHINee is in today?”

She looks at me with a sorry expression.

“I can’t do that. It’s against policy unless you can show me your ID.”

I sigh, “komapsunida, I’ll just find them in the usual spot.”

I guess that’s why Taewon hasn’t given me my ID yet…so I can’t be without him.

I get out my phone and start texting Taemin.

“Where are you today >.<”         -mx

It takes a moment for him to reply.

“Room 316, it’s another interview TT.TT”              -tm

“gottcha c:”        -mx

I look at the elevator and then the stairs. I decide on the stairs because then Taewon wouldn’t catch up with me while waiting for the elevator to reach the lobby.

I hurry up the steps and find myself cornered by Heechul and Siwon of super junior.

“Annyo, excuse me,” I say trying to step around them.

“Omo, you’re adorable,” Heechul says poking my cheek.

“What is with you SMent boys and poking my cheeks?” I pout and the two of them laugh at me.

“You even get angry, so cute,’ Siwon smiles.

I look at the two of them and try not to freak out.

“This is gonna be short because I’m trying to avoid my fiancé but…I miss Hangeg. You all are still amazing and I’ve just got to say hao yun [Chinese for good luck] suju!!!” I continue running up the steps.

When I reach the third floor I’m out of breath and kind of find myself in a daze. Maybe it’s because I am of the Super Junior generation….

“Nuna!” an incredibly loud voice screams down the hallway.

I turn around and see Taemin with another boy.

“Sorry,” I say covering my mouth with a hand so that they won’t notice how hard I’m breathing. “Super Junior kept me.”

The other boy starts laughing, at what…I’m not sure.

“Ah, Nuna…Super Junior M is working on a comeback song,” Taemin explains.

“Leetuk Hyung  and Heechul Hyung are both here too,” the boys says and I look at him funny.

He doesn’t exactly look Korean.

Taemin notices my confusion and steps in. “Nuna, this is Henry Hyung from Super Junior M. Hyung, this is MeiXing Nuna, she’s SHINee’s new stylist.”

I bow, “Nice to meet you.”

He swings his hand side to side.

“You don’t need to do that.” He laughs, “I’m not very popular here anyways.”

“Why’s that?” I ask. He’s pretty good looking so I understand why he wouldn’t be popular.

“Ah, it’s not important. Anyways, nice to meet you MeiXing, I think your name fits you nicely.”

I smile, “thank you.”

“What does your name mean?” Taemin asks looking a bit lost.

“Beautiful star,” Henry says. “Mei is meaning beautiful and Xing is star.”

“Oh, so that’s why Hyung keeps calling you MeiLovely. It’s like calling you beautiful-beauty,” Taemin says and I look at him confused.

He puts a finger to his bottom lip. “Maybe I wasn’t supposed to tell you that.”

Hyung…as in Kibum?

Taemin laughs awkwardly as my face turns red.

Well Henry, it was nice meeting you,” I say in English to drop Taemin.

He looks impressed. “Your English is really good.”

I’m American,” I laugh.

Ah, so that’s it!” he replies also in English. “I’m Canadian so I was wondering.”

I laugh and then hear stomping. “ChoHee!”

I turn around and see a not so happy Taewon.

“Could I have a word with you?” he says pulling me away.

The boys look at me concerned but there’s really nothing they can do.

“Are you trying to make me look like a fool? I can’t even keep my own stylist under control. You’re going around and conversing with people you don’t have the right to.” He gets closer to me. “Our marriage will not be like this.”

“Manager!” someone calls down the hall.

He looks up and sees Onew and Kibum.

My heart starts to hurt a little. I hate having him see me like this. I hate having him see me with Taewon, because every time he does, his eyes read something between confusion and hate.

___________________________________

i am now taking requests...if anyone has anything to throw at me. I'm not sure but i'm kinda thinking i want to write a donghae story...but i'm not sure. whatever i write will be based around the characters :/

anyways, i'll update soon. and thanks for the comments :)

much love,

meimeng.

i love this kid.