walk.

Song and Key

Taemin's POV

“I need to get out of here,” MeiXing says standing up.

“What’s wrong?” Jonghyun asks, but that’s a mistake. Never-ever-ever-ever mess with a p - sted off girl…ever.

“Where do you want to go?” I ask giving Jonghyun a look.

“I don’t care, just not here.” She grabs a circle scarf and begins wrapping it around her neck. “I don’t care where I go, I just need to get away.”

I look down the hall at Manager’s room. Good thing she didn’t throw anything breakable, thankfully we were able to put the room back together in half an hour. The dint in his door, that’s another matter.

She picks up a pair of glasses and places them against her nose.

In just two days she’s stopped being the cute MeiXing and now has become an edgy ChoHee. Even at work she keeps to herself, but I know that ChoHee is only a mask. So does Key.

“Come on, we can go for a walk,” I say taking her arm and linking it with mine.

She uses her other arm to link with Jonghyun.

“So where too kid?” he asks me and I point to the door.

“Outside of course.”

MeiXing leans her head against my shoulder and I get the feeling that she’s crying.

Ah, MeiXing don’t cry! Key still loves you.

 

KiBums's POV

 

Taemin said he was going to go see MeiXing after leaving my apartment. It’s been three hours and I still haven’t heard a word from him.

 

Taewon's POV

 

When I arrive home it’s empty.

“ChoHee,” I call but there’s no reply. I take out my cell phone and dial her number.

“I’m sorry but the number you’ve called is no longer in service.”

D - mnit that’s right she broke her phone at the airport when a trolley ran over it.

I lay my jacket over a chair and notice that the CD I made for Jonghyun is sitting on the seat.

“Where the h - ell are you ChoHee,” when you get home I’ll have to let you have it.

 

Taemin's POV

 

The more we walk the less and less angry MeiXing becomes. I look over at her and she holds her hands side by side with linked index fingers.

“So Nuna, do we call you MeiXing?” I ask linking arms with hers.

“Oh that,” she mumbles. “Call me ChoHee around Taewon…he wouldn’t know you were talking to me if you call me MeiXing.”

“Why is that?” Jonghyun asks and I look at him funny.

She sighs. “Well, my grandparents on my father’s side thought I should have a Korean name for family when I would meet my Korean family. They called me ChoHee and that’s all I was called around Taewon so he doesn’t know any different.”

“Why don’t you tell him that’s not your real name?” Jonghyun pesters.

She shakes her head. “I don’t really care what he calls me, and plus…I’ve already tried. I’ve told him about my name and that my Korean isn’t very good, but he either doesn’t care or doesn’t listen.”

She leans her head on my shoulder. “I don’t want to go back there.”

I pat her head with the palm of my hand. I can see why Key likes her so much. Thinking of which….

“I wonder what Key is up to,” I say to Jonghyun, but I say for MeiXing.

Her shoulder jerks but she tries to remain fine.

“He’s probably at home sleeping, why?”

A grin paints itself onto my face. “We’re pretty close. I think we should go see him.”

 

MeiXing's POV

 

Go see Kibum? Taemin…are you serious? I’m an emotional wreck! I can’t see him like this. I’ll just end up crying again and he’s going to ask me what’s wrong and then I have to make up some lame excuse.

No, no, no, NO! I’m not going to make a fool out of myself in front of him.

“Nuna, your fingers are cutting off my circulation,” Taemin says and I release his arm.

“So what you’re saying is you don’t want to go?” Jonghyun says from my other side.

I tuck my face behind my scarf. “I never said that.”

They both laugh at me.

“What?” I whine.

“You’re just too cute,” Taemin smiles and I wrinkle my nose at him.

“I can understand why Key let you live with him,” Jonghyun says and I give him a curious look. “Don’t make me say it,” he laughs.

“What Hyung means is that you’re stylish and cute, interesting but funny. You’re a quadruple whammy and Key didn’t stand a chance,” Taemin explains.

“Oh,” I sigh and i feel my face turn red.

A lite ringing comes from Jonghyun’s pocket.

“Yoboseyo?” he asks answering his phone.

“Is it your yubo?” Taemin jokes.

Jonghyun swats the air silently telling him to shut up.

“Manager she’s with us,” he says into the speaker. “No, she’s fine.”

Taemin grabs my hand and brings me closer to him.

“Jinjja?”  Jonghyun continues.

“Nuna, no matter what happens I am always on your side.”

I smile at him. “Thank you.”

“Manager is going to buy you a new phone soon. I wrote my cell phone number down and stuck it in your coat pocket, so call me if you need anything.”

I laugh at him, “You’re such a good friend, weird...but good.”

He sighs and gives me a weak smile. “I just know our manager too well.”

Jonghyun gets off the phone.

“We have to get you home,” he says and I wince.

That’s not home.

“This was my first time out without Taewon,” I smile.

“Nuna, I promise we’ll take you out more,” Taemin says swing my hand back and forth.

---

I climb the steps leading to Taewon’s house with both Taemin and Jonghyun by my side.

“Just knock,” Jonghyun says and I reach up to strike the door but instead it opens.

“There you are,” Taewon says walking away.

“How did you…” Taemin starts.

“There’s a censor that’s triggered as soon as someone walks through the gates,” I explain. “I’ll deal with him,” I mouth to them.

They nod and say goodbye.

“ChoHee, I had someone get you a new phone. It’s not as nice as your old one, but it’s a phone that’s not in pieces,” he tells me walking away.

Gee thanks.

I pick up the box.

Taemin was right, so strange. I guess I should plug in the phone and let it charge.

I sit on the ground by an outlet and charger into it and stick it into the phone. I look at it for a good five minutes and then decide to get up and get my SM card from my other phone. When I get back the charge is struggling for one bar. I frown and get to work with syncing my new phone.  Luckily it works and all of my contacts are still there. I add Taemin’s and decide to let the battery fully before I play with it anymore.

________________________________________

sorry about all of the POV changes, but i felt that it was kind of needed. The phone does actually play a big part in the up coming chapters (which i am working on). And if you don't dislike TaeWon yet...you will veeeery soon.

I re-read this chapter and it kind of gave the impression that Taemin has a crush on her, which he does but only in the way that he would an older sister...it makes no sense but i don't know how else to explain it.

much love,

meimeng

I love this song so much. (if you're wondering...it's in Japanese) i wanted to have the video but i flet that the sub titles were more important because the lyrics to the song are so sweet. i think their voice are amazing together. so please enjoy ^^