the co-workers.

Song and Key

MeiXIng's POV

 

On the ride to work Kibum calls someone and has a long conversation in Korean. He talks low so that I can’t hear. When walk into the building I notice that it’s nothing like the two places before.

“Kibum, where are we?” I ask tugging at his shirt.

He peers from behind his sunglasses and tugs down on his hat.

“Today I’ve got a meeting and a short interview. Don’t worry and just promise to keep your hood up.”

I push back my glasses with my index finger. “But why do I have to wear these fake lenses?”

He smiles weakly. “I don’t want anyone bothering you like they did the first time you came to work with me.”

He squeezes my hand and pulls me to an elevator.

When the door opens he releases my hand.

“What floor?” a man already on the elevator asks.

“Four, please.”

When we exit the elevator Kibum thanks the man and motions for me to continue walking.

“What was that about?” I ask when he catches up to me.

“Oh, that was just Jay Hyung.” He grabs my hand and laces our fingers. “It’s this way.”

I follow him obediently until he stops at a door labeled room 305.

“You can come in, if you want.”

He opens the door and I step inside to be attacked by the redhead from yesterday.

“Nuna! What are you doing here?”

I point to Kibum.

“Hyung, you brought her?”

He laughs, “MeiXing’s a friend.”

The boy raises an eyebrow. “Jinjja?”

As the boy turns to smile at me I realize there are three other people in the room.

“Manager Ahn is not happy Hyung,” a boy with wide eyes says to Kibum.

“It’s all my-” I start but Kibum covers my mouth.

“Where is he?”

The two other boys turn around and point at a door.

Kibum sighs and then whispers something to the redhead.

“Are you kidding me?” he squeals.

Kibum shakes his head, “MeiXing, these are my co-workers Taemin,” he points to the redhead, “Minho, Onew and Jonghyun.”

“So you were the girl sleeping yesterday,” Onew laughs.

I give an awkward smile and Kibum touches my arm. “I’ll be right back, okay?” he says in English and I nod slightly.

When he leaves the room, the other three boys crowd around me.

“How close are the two of you?” Junghyun asks.

“I just met him the other day,” I shrug. “He’s helping me.”

He is helping you?”Onew shrieks.

I nod.

“Our diva?”

I look around confused. “Is that so hard to believe? Kibum-yah is really nice. He’s been helping me and my Korean isn’t very good so he speaks in English.”

Jonghyun laughs and tilts his head to the side. “Kibum…is there anything going on between the two of you?”

I remember being nose to nose with him last night and I feel my face get hot.

I cover my face out of habit.

“Look Nuna’s red, she’s so cute,” Taemin teases.

“I noticed you’re calling him by his name, but I get the impression you’re younger. Why didn’t you call him Oppa?”

“Hyung!” Minho says to Jonghyun.

“What? It’s a reasonable question,” Jonghyun looks to me expecting an answer.

“He is older,” I confess.

“So why don’t you call him Oppa?” Taemin asks.

I look down and struggle with lying or not.

“It’s just that. I’m from America and we don’t use honorifics as much. It feels weird to call him anything like that,” I lie. The truth is that a girl calling a guy Oppa could mean that she wants to date him, and I don’t know how I fell about him. Plus, our age difference is not significant; it’s only what five and a half months?

“When he comes back you should call him Oppa,” Taemin snickers.

Minho hits him upside the head but Jonghyun and Onew nod their heads in agreement.

 

_______________________________

 

short, but i promised i would post today, and although it's late it's still today so ah-ha!

anyways i'm characterizing the rest of SHINee as they  appeared on "Hello Baby" which if you haven't seen, you can't call yourself a fan. (kidding, but really if you haven't seen it it's up on youtube with eng subs if you look long enough.)

today's song is one of my favorites and the lyrics are really cute so i found it with subtitles. :D

much love

-meimeng

 

ps. "Jay Hyung" is Jay from TRAX (just me trying to be stupid and not clever) if anyone noticed you win a cookie! if you didn't, that's okay, i probibly wouldn't have either.