dinner and milk.

Song and Key

We get back to Kibum’s apartment and I quickly get to work.

“What are you making?” he asks looking over my shoulders.

“It’ll be done in about fifteen minutes, and then you’ll find out.”

He pouts but I shoo him away.

“That smells really good,” Kibum says creeping up behind me.

“Yup, only two more minutes in the oven and then it’ll be ready to eat. I made three, but I figure what we don’t eat we can heat up later.”

He sighs, “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“It’s fine, no big deal,” I say for the tenth time tonight.

“I just really wanted you to try REAL Korean food. Ajushi is the best and his place is good for me.”

Good for you?” I ask.

“W-well, ah I-I mean…” the timer goes off and we both jump.

I pull the tray out of the oven and reveal three small pizzas.

“Ta-da,” I say with my lame presentation.

“Whoa, I didn’t know you could make pizza this way.”

I laugh, “There are many ways to do one thing; I thought this was easiest.”

I carefully cut the pizzas into slices and put a few on the plates.

When I sit down I have a surprise of my own.

“Banana milk?!” I laugh and pick up the small bottle. “Is this what you went back for?”

“Thought it might be nice to try again since you’re here,” he smiles and it makes my heart skip a beat.

“Thanks,” I smile. “I can’t remember if it’s any good.”

That’s actually not the truth. I dislike banana milk with a passion. Growing up in the US I didn’t drink milk to begin with and adding a fruit I only sort of liked was torture.

“I haven’t had it in forever either,” he says watching me eagerly to see if I like it.

“Why don’t we both try it at the same time? Do you have an extra straw?”

“Yeah,” he gets up and grabs a straw from one of his drawers. “So what are we doing with it?”

I place it next to mine. “We’re going to try it at the same time. Duh.”

He bites his lip and tries to laugh. “Jinjja?”

“Uh huh.” That’s right, you can’t make me feel guilty about not liking something if you’re not going down with me. “On the count of three.”

We both get close to our straws and were so close that our noses are almost touching.

My face starts to go hot, but it’s only because the room is stuffy…

“Hana, dul, three…” I take a sip and so does Kibum. Our foreheads hit each other but we laugh it off and soon only the tips of our noses are touching.

I sip the milk slowly; although it’s gross I can’t help but remain nose to nose with Kibum until all of the milk is gone.

“You seemed to have liked it,” he says raising his head and turning away from me.

I laugh awkwardly before saying, “Not really. I just didn’t want to be rude.”

“No way, so you didn’t like it?” he smiles.

I look down at my hands. “I really hate milk.”

“Haha, what?! But you said that your grandparents got this for you all the time,” he reasons.

“But I never actually said I liked it. I wasn’t sure if I would like it this time but I guess my taste hasn’t changed very much.”

He laughs, “That was pretty gross.”

“What?!”

“I only drank as much as I did because you were being nice and shared.” He pauses. “Wait, you just didn’t want to drink it all by yourself!”

“Haha I’ve been caught.”

He smiles at me and his eyes are locked on mine. Just then my stomach makes a noise and he laughs at me.

“Why don’t we just eat?”

I curse my stomach and try and hide my face which is blushing an intense shade of pink.

 

_______________

hey its meng...so i was super fast with this short chapter as a thank you to my subscribers. Xie xie :D i'm gonna come out and say that i'm a huge big bang fan before i flip on you. So BB has a sepical edition of Tonight (i believe) coming out on the 4th so...i'm pretty much stoked.

anyways here's you a song for the day.

love,

~MeiMeng