backstage.

Song and Key

 

MeiXing's POV

 

When I get back to the set, the boys are already on stage introducing themselves. I quickly set Taewon’s things down and run to the side door.

The MC talks fast but I don’t pay much attention to him. My eyes glance over the idols until I find the boys and then my eyes become glued to Kibum. I try to look at anyone else but I can’t. Taemin is the first to notice me and then Kibum. My face gets hot and I turn away.

They introduce themselves once again but this time by name. They begin with Onew, then Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin. When Kibum takes his turn, he looks up at me and then to the crowd and speaks in English. “Hello, I’m Kim Kibum of SHINee. A.k.a the Almighty Key.”

The audience applauds and the boys elbow him in the sides for showing off.

One of the MC’s comments on his English.

He smiles and talks clearly. “Ah, do this because I have a friend here today. She’s from America and her Korean isn’t the best.”

“Jinjja?” the MC questions.

The boys nod.

“We are all friends of her’s and want her to be more comfortable,” Taemin explains.

“Ah, is she a special friend?” the MC jokes.

The boys smile causing me to swoon from their gorgeous looks.

“To be honest, Nuna is very pretty,” Taemin says bluntly and Minho and Kibum smack him upside the head.

I giggle at them.

“Aish, what I meant to say was that Nuna is a close friend. We have all become close to her in the past week,”

I smile at Taemin and they soon change the subject.

I’m watching the boys on stage when someone grabs my wrist and spins me around.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Taewon demands and I roll my eyes.

“I just wanted to see a little of the program.”

He snorts. “Then watch it when it airs tonight. You’re distracting them.”

I shake his grip off of me and start walking to the dressing room.

“Who the h - ll is this ‘Nuna’ they were talking about?” he asks one of the men standing by the door.

“Wasn’t Key coming to interviews with a friend of his for a while?” a stage crewman shrugs.

“Oh that’s right. I told Key to drop her because she was using him. I haven’t seen her around so it would seem that he’s actually listening to me this time.”

My breath gets caught in my throat.

Taewon hasn’t asked me about the three days I was in Seoul but not with him. When he answered his door he just told me my things were in the guest room and brushed me aside. I guess he simply doesn’t care.

 

Kibum's POV

 

The interview finally ends and I jump up and down to regain feeling in my legs.

“Where’s MeiXing?” Taemin asks and I shrug my shoulders.

“After the first ten minutes she disappeared and I haven’t seen her since,” I reply.

I crane my neck around the door and only see Taewon talking on his earpiece again.

I look back to the rest of the guys who are conversing with the MCs still. Now would be a good time to sneak away.

I find my way to the dressing room and laugh when I see that MeiXing is, yet again, asleep.

I chuckle to myself and brush her bangs out of her face.

Her face rolls slowly in the cushion that she’s made of her arms.

“Kibum?” she sighs.

At first I jump back but then notice that she’s still asleep.

“Sleep talking again I see,” I laugh and kiss her forehead.

She mumbles something and I look around the room.

“MeiXing,” I say getting nose to nose with her.

“Oppa, thank you,” she smiles.

My heart starts to beat faster. Was that towards me?

I shake her shoulder softly and she jumps up hugging me like she did before, half awake, half unconscious.

I wrap my arms around her waist and she rests her head on my shoulder.

“Oppa, I think I like you too much.”

I push the stray hairs out of her face.

“If that’s how you feel then I like you way too much,” I hush.

Her eyes flicker open and a sense of shock emotes through her body language.

“Kibum,” she shrieks jumping and pushing me away.

I just look at her.

“What if Taewon came in here and saw us?” she says grabbing at her hair.

I look around the room quickly; still no one.

I pull her closer to me by the waist and kiss softly.

She tries to push me away but then rests her hand on my chest.

I press my forehead against hers and look at her nose.

“Kibum, this isn’t a good idea,” she breaths softly.

I sigh. “You keep saying that, but you’re not making too great of an effort to stop this.”

She breathes deeply. “You’re right.” Her hand pushes me away and her eyes can’t seem to meet mine. “Just, not now…okay?”

I steal a kiss on the cheek. “Like I said before. I’m not going to give up on you.”

She bites her lip and looks down at her feet.

The left side of her lips slowly rises. “I know.”

_______________________________________________

five updates in what...three days? i think that's how it is. oh god i am so behind in my homework. >.>

if i don't updat for a week please don't be surprised.. i just wanted to leave you with something a bit sweet :)

much love,

meimeng

ps. xie xie new subscribers! i'll try to keep updating regularly **hopes**

i think i've watched this about a dozen times today (it only just came out today). in my list of favorite groups CNBlue is third...after Big Bang and 2NE1. SHINee is forth only bacuse i grew up listening to indy groups...and YG has some of the most talented singers.

<3 all of my idols equally...well at least kind of :)