headache.

Song and Key

Taemin's POV

 

When we arrive at the restaurant we take the back entrance and walk to the upstairs room.

“Omo, this place is so nice,” MeiXing says as she awes at the ceiling.

“Thanks, My cousin is the owner,” Minho laughs pulling out a chair for her.

“Xie xie, komapsumnida,” she smiles.

Onew laughs before saying, “So what language do you prefer to speak?”

MeiXing wrinkles her nose. “English of course.”

Aigo. Cute.

She bites her bottom lip. “I’m sorry, was that rude?”

We laugh at her telling her that it’s alright.

“Who’s your favorite member of Super Junior?” I ask trying to start a conversation.

She scratches her head. “Actually the only member I know is Han Geng because my friend YuNa did a performance for a Youth group and I was the female version of him.” She laughs, “I understand that we both speak Mandarin, but really I’m Taiwanese.”

“Do you like Super Junior M then?” Jonghyun asks after the waitress takes our drink orders.

“What?” she tilts her head.

“You know the sub group of Super Junior that sings in Chinese,” he elaborates.

Her eyes widen, “Jinjja? Since when?”

“Aish, I can’t remember, but they sang,” he thinks the song over in his head and then I remember how Chinese hurts his head.

“Hyung, the melody?” I offer.

“Oh yeah,” he says and then gives the melody.

MeiXing raises her eyebrows and starts to sing the song…in Korean.

“Aniyo…it’s,” he tries singing the chorus in Chinese but it ends up a mess.

“Jonghyun, you have a wonderful voice, but your Chinese is a little off,” MeiXing giggles.

He makes a face. “Sad that he left.”

MeiXing stops laughing and looks up at him. “What’d you say?”

“Han Geng is back in China. He’s not with the company anymore,” he explains.

“Liar!” she yells and then covers with both of her hands. “I mean, jinjja?”

“No, he really did leave. In fact it’s been a while,” Onew says sitting up in his chair.

MeiXing grabs her head.

Key touches her face and turns it so that she looking at him. He asks her something in English, I think if she was alright. She nods.

“I’m sorry, I much have forgotten.” She slumps back in her seat and looks at her lap.

Key talks to her in English again and she shakes her head.

“How long are you planning on staying in Korea?”Onew asks.

Key shoots him a glare of death.

“Well,” she says shakily. All of the color seems to have drained from her face and she looks like she might just collapse in her seat. “I don’t know.”

“Annyo, twerps,” a familiar voice greets us.

“Hyung,” Minho says beginning to stand.

“Sit sit sit. Aish, you kids…finally have time to come and see me and you just want to eat,” he says pulling out a booklet.

MeiXing scrunches her nose with a smile.

“Aigoo, who are you? You’re too cute to be the manager.”

“Hyung,” Minho begins but is cut off.

“Choi MeiXing,” she bows.

“You’re KOREAN?!” Onew shrieks.

Jonghyun hits him upside the head.

“What?” Onew says surprised. “I thought she was just Taiwanese.”

 “Aniyo, it’s fine,” she says waving her hands side to side.

“I had no idea, I can’t believe no one told me. Aish guys,” Onew rambles.

MeiXing tilts her head and looks intensely at Onew. “Did you say something important?”

He laughs. “What?”

“You were talking so strangely and fast. I didn’t catch it.”

He smiles, “don’t worry it was nothing.”

“If you say so.”

“I say we order,” Key says trying to change the subject.

“Barbeque!” I  shout.

“Well duh,” Minho’s cousin jokes pointing at the pit in front of us.

“Kimchi too please,” Jonghyun says.

“Okay, and you want the regular sauces and such?”

We all (excluding MeiXing) nod.

He takes our drink orders and comes back with the barbeque in a matter of minutes.

“The drinks and Kimchi will be her in a minute. One of the girls is a fan and she found out you’re here,” he says as a girl with our drinks and kimchi sets her tray down on the table next to ours.

“Could I get your autographs?” she asks and take her pen and notebook out.

“Sure,” Minho says and we all take turns signing for her.

“Could I get photo too?”

“Not now,” Hyung says motioning for the girl to leave.

“Thank you, enjoy your lunch.”

“It’s nice to see that you all have fans for your line of work,” MeiXing smiles.

Hyung looks at her funny. “Why wouldn’t they have fans? They’re huge.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t realize. I’m from the US so I’m not familiar with their work.”

Hyung shrugs. “Well, you’ll get used to the annoying girls at some point.”

She laughs and Hyung smiles. “Enjoy, and if you need anything else just call for me.”

Strangely enough we eat our food pretty quietly. Of all of us, MeiXing is most discreet and eats slowly. When she takes a sip of her water she immediately sets it back down and touches her face.

“MeiXing?” Key turns to her.

She waves her free hand in the air telling him to ignore her but he pulls the other hand away from her face to reveal that she’s crying. He asks her something in English and she wipes her eyes only to start crying harder.

“I’m fine,” she says but Key’s already standing up.

“Let’s go,” he takes her by the hands and pulls her up.  He turns to us, “I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

“Please excuse me, I’m sorry. It was nice to meet you all,” MeiXing bows before Hyung takes her hand and tugs her to the door.

They converse on the way out but Key stops her grabbing both of her hands.

“I think Key really likes her,” Jonghyun says picking at the barbeque.

“If she’s lying then this can only end in a disaster,” Onew sighs.

“I hope she’s not for Hyung’s sake. She’s so cute,” I add.

“Definitely cute,” Minho agrees.

We all look at him and laugh.

_______________________________

sooo late >.< sorry. i have a major test coming up and i'm a bit stressed. it also didn't help that i don't particually like this part of the story. it's all small talk stuff but the point is that her head is starting to hurt some more. I'm going to go ahead and say that she was crying because she started remembering when her grandfather died, but i'm not going to explain it in the story. sorry :(

anyhow, next chaper is short but revealing. if you have any guesses on why she's in korea this is your last change to win....um i'm not sure what you'd win (one shot with character choice??) but i'm going to post it in the next few days seeing as i wrote it already.

didn't read over this chapter cause i'm too tired. sorry for spelling/grammar mistakes.

much love,

meimeng

song this week is cnblue's "i don't know why" [[ the song's best feature is that the grammer's wrong, but it's still really cute..one of my favorite songs c: ]]