the morning interview.

Song and Key

 

KiBum's POV

 

When I arrive at the interview the first thing I notice is that manager Ahn’s face is bruised and that MeiXing is nowhere to be seen.

“Key, go to the back room, ChoHee will take care of you there,” he says and then starts to talk into his phone.

I nod and make my way to the dressing room.

“Hyung!” Taemin says underneath an iron held by MeiXing.

“What happened to the manager?” I ask taking my jacket off.

Taemin sighs. “I guess it don’t get a hello.”

“He said he ran into a door last night,” Minho says from behind a book.

“Ahh,” I say and notice that one of MeiXing’s fingers is bandaged. She must have had something to do with it.

“Key Hung, your turn,” Taemin says getting up.

I take a seat in the chair and look at MeiXing through the mirror.

She pins my hair back and starts applying light makeup.

“What is this for?” I ask her.

“This program is going to be focused on SHINee and there are going to be more close ups than normal. This is just so you continue to look your best,” she tells me and her breathing is so soft that it tickles my face.

I suddenly have the urge to kiss her. Just press her lips to mine, but instead I sit quietly in my chair.

She works on my hair and sprays it every which way trying to give it more volume.

“All done,” she says, her fingertips still playing with the hair right above my neck.

I don’t know whether she is doing this because it is her job to fix my hair or otherwise but I really wish she would stop.

“Oh, Jonghyun is here,” Taemin says on the other side of the room.

“I haven’t styled you hair yet,” MeiXing says to the pouting kid hiding behind the doorframe.

“There’s no need to, I fix it perfectly,” he says with a childish tone.

“Yea, it’s perfect until you’ve been sitting there for hours and then it suddenly falls flat,” she retorts.

 

MeiXing's POV

 

Junghyun stares at me blankly to which I stare back at him. He lets out a sigh and then blinks his eyes dully. “I’m not going to let you touch my hair,” he says in Korean.

I yawn, “I never said I wanted to touch your hair. It’s my~ job to fix it.”

He laughs showing off his drop dead gorgeous smile, that is, if you like guys like him.

I sigh.

“You’re never going to touch my hair.”

I rub my forehead and walk over to him. “You know what? I don’t even care. I won’t fix your hair even if you ask me.”

“Truce,” he says extending his hand.

I raise mine and then pat his head.

“Good kid,” I say rubbing my fingers through his scalp.

He winces and I smile.

“Jong, now I need to fix your hair. Just look at it! It’s all messed up.”

He snorts, “I wonder how that happened.”

I start combing sections of his hair and add a small amount of mouse to the front. I blow dry the stray-aways into place and tell him he can open his eyes now.

“Omo, it looks really good. How did you do that?” he asks touching the sided of his hair.

“IF you didn’t close your eyes then I guess you would know.”

“MeiXing, you’re okay,” he smiles. If I was looking for anyone, I would have melted right then and there, but I’m not.

“ChoHee!” a voice yells from outside of the dressing room.

I look around outside of the door to see who it was.

“Run out to my car and get me my –” Taewon starts but his list of things to get becomes too confusing. He looks at me blankly. “Are you deaf?”

I glare at him.

“Ah, I should show you something,” Kibum says getting up and walking me away from the door. “He wants you to get the CD, and his jacket that he put in the trunk,” he says into my ear.

As p - ssed  as I am at Taewon, I still smile at Kibum and thank him. Even though things have been really awkward between us it was really nice of him to translate for me.

“Thank you.”

He continues walking me towards the exit.

“You don’t have to come with me,” I tell him and he shakes his head.

“They’re going to call me up on set soon. I can only walk you half way.”

And with that he opens the door for me a quickly kisses me on the cheek.

“Mei, I’m not going to give up on you,” he says before shutting the door.

But he really should. I don’t want him to get involved in this mess.

_______________________________________

gah, i'm excited to write her birthday scene...but not all that's inbetween. >.< MeiXing hurry up and turn 19 already!!

much love,

mei meng

no song today. :P