09

Everything was A Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9

             It was the first test where Yuri started to influence Kai and Chanyeol to study hard and she was actually quite nervous when she was walking to the campus. She walked down the hallway and she saw Kai was somehow holding the note that she gave to him last night and paying his full attention to the notes. People would probably think he is a nerd if he was not showing his face. Everyone greeted Yuri when they saw her and she smiled back to all of them. She did not want to disturb Kai so she walked another way instead to the class.

                Unfortunately, the scene she saw when she was walking to her class through the other way was totally heart-breaking for Yuri as she could not believe what she just saw. Hyunah linked her arms with Chanyeol’s as they were walking down towards the class. Chanyeol was also with the notes in his hand while talking happily to Hyunah. Both of them just seemed like a couple chit-chatting with each other and Chanyeol must be saying something very nice to Hyunah as Yuri was able to see that she was slightly blushing every time when Chanyeol just said something to her. Yuri looked to the other way when the two ‘love birds’ just passed by her.

                Chanyeol was able to see Yuri was standing there and he walked passed her and planted a soft kiss on Hyunah’s cheek on purpose. Yes, Chanyeol admitted that he was doing all this was just wanted to make Yuri jealous and was hoping that she would finally realize her feelings towards him. He was somehow hoping Yuri would turn around and just slap on either Hyunah or him, but she did not. She just let it be and people around her were all showing the unsatisfied expression on their face since Chanyeol was taken by Hyunah and that meant they have no chance.

                Chanyeol sure read hard since he did not want to disappoint Yuri. Yuri had told him the truth of what her parents thought of her future husband (which was a lie) and he did want to make Yuri happy and realize he is changing just for her. Sehun on the other hand, was happily dating with Yoona and their relationship, surprisingly, turned out well and sweet. Although Sehun knew the one he wanted was not Yoona, but he loved her with his heart since he did not want to hurt any other girl just because of his playboy attitude. He started to learn how to love a girl or accurately, how to treat his girlfriend after he and Yuri became friend. And also after the betting game among Chanyeol, Kai and himself, Sehun started to realize how childish he was making a bet over a pretty girl which he wanted to love with all his heart. He slowly and yet, quietly quit the game where he will just be an audience watching Chanyeol and Kai fight over Yuri.

                Kai entered the class and as usual, he sat at the back row seat which was beside Yuri. He had prepared a long speech just to thank Yuri if he passed the test. Yuri probably would be the only female in his life could make him go study hard just for nothing. Well, he actually did for a thing – becoming Yuri’s boyfriend or maybe, future husband. That was in Kai’s mind when he was studying at night yesterday and that was the only motivation for him to study hard.

                Kai searched for Yuri and she was nowhere to be found. He looked at his phone, 5 minutes left till the class starts. Where is she? Oh! I forgo! She would be the latest to be in class due to her cheerleading practice. Pabo me! Kai thought as he mentally slapped himself. Just then, Hyunah was walking into the class with her arm still linked with Chanyeol’s. Kai’s eyes widened as he saw that. Kai never saw Chanyeol hung out with any girls after they became friends with Yuri and his eyes nearly popped out when he saw the girl beside Chanyeol was Hyunah. Chanyeol would always complains to Kai and Sehun that Hyunah was so annoying and she kept on talking to him which he hate it and he was now hanging out with her? You have got to be kidding me. Kai thought as he paid full attention to the new couple and so did the others. Hyunah sat down beside Chanyeol and her arm never left his. She was like showing off to the others that Chanyeol was his boyfriend and the others have no chance at all. Sehun, who was beside Chanyeol, saw everything and he was so annoyed by that girl who was beside Chanyeol since she never stopped talking. Sehun could not concentrate on his study. Hyunah realized Sehun was annoyed so she kept shut but still, never took her arm of Chanyeol’s.

                Yuri entered the class and every eyes were on her since she and Chanyeol’s close friendship was known to the whole campus and people were expecting her to say something to Chanyeol or at least comment on that couple. But, Yuri just kept shut as she never laid her eyes on either Chanyeol or Hyunah but Sehun. She walked over and stood in front of Sehun, “I am warning you, do not score higher than me,” Yuri joked at Sehun laughed along with her. After few seconds, Yuri walked over to the back row but she sat at the third row started from the back instead. Kai saw the unusual move of Yuri and he quickly packed his things and moved to the seat beside Yuri.

“What is going on with you, noona?” Kai asked in a concern tone.

Yuri laughed bitterly, “hey, you know we are going to have a test right? I changed my seat today just to avoid you copying my answer,” Yuri joked.

Kai laughed and he caressed her hair, “I thought you are avoiding me. Well then, I will move to the back,” Kai said and he moved his to the back row with a pen in his hand. Yuri could not concentrate too since her eyes were too busy staring at the two new love birds. Yes, she was staring at Chanyeol and Hyunah. Hyunah did not want to leave until the lecturer came in and chased her out of the class. Yuri had to admit that she really felt jealous and she really thinking of going to the front and throw a punch on Chanyeol’s face instead. Chanyeol felt a pair of eye staring at him intensely so he looked back just to check out who was staring at her and it turned out to be Yuri. His mood slightly lit up as he was able to see the jealous face of Yuri and it proved that Yuri has feeling towards him. Yuri quickly turned her gaze back on her notes as she knew Chanyeol was staring at her and smirking evilly. “Please put your belongings on my table and only pencil case is allowed on your desk,” the lecturer ordered and the students followed what he said.

“Good luck,” said Sehun and Kai at the same time when they saw Yuri. She returned her sweetest smile ever to them as she did not want to talk much to them since she did not want to distract them. Sehun and Kai knew exactly what Yuri thought so they just went back to their seat without saying any other words.

Tick Tack… Tick Tack…

45 minutes had passed and students were handing in their test paper to the lecturer. It was because this was just a small test, so the lecturer would mark the paper on the spot and then give it back to the students. Kai and Chanyeol’s heart beat faster as the lecturer started the giving back the test paper to students. “Park Chanyeol, surprisingly, you got the highest score so far. Must be the owner of that note book who contributed the most for you to pass the test and score quite high, am I right?” the lecturer said as he saw Chanyeol was hugging the note book ever since he handed in the test paper. Chanyeol nodded without saying anything but smiling from ear to ear. He really cherished what the owner of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter