Chapter 17: Donghae

Panophobia

Donghae

 

 

Donghae.

Eunhyuk was being adorable today with the cookie thing. I felt like I actually mattered to someone for some cause. I felt important, and trust me, it felt really good.

Playing RockBand with him on the other hand made me feel really stupid because I couldn't do anything. I would frantically be trying to get all the notes, mixing up the colors as they came into veiw, having to hit the right drum thing while looking at the screen! How can someone not fail at it? I did get booed of the "RockBand stage" almost 10 times...

Eunhyuk walked into the room, his hair glistening in the sun streaming through the blinds. I chewed at my bottom lip and fiddled with my thumbs. 

He gave me a small, sideways smile and I blushed. Eunhyuk's cellphone went off, causing me to jump slightly. He whined and flipped his phone open.

"Hello?"

I heard nothing from the other end of his phone, maybe because I was across the room.

"Well, I do have a friend staying over, mind if he stays another night?" Eunhyuk asked with a pleading tone. 

Light chattering and talking...

"But mom! Please?" my eyes shot up. Will I have to go home?

"But! Ugh, fine!" Eunhyuk shouted and slammed the phone shut. I flinched and looked down. 

"Sorry Donghae, you gotta head home, my parents won't let you stay another night because we're heading back to school tomorrow, our little off school vacation is over..." Eunhyuk whispered, frowning as his gaze shifted.

I felt like I was going to vomit; I had to go back home to where my mother would talk to me like an animal. I don't hate her, she's my mom and I love her, I just don't like her.

I nodded my head, my senses were numb as I pushed myself off the couch and to the stairs. I wish Jessica never left, he was my rock. I could count on her when things like this happen. 

"I'm really sorry," Eunhyuk muttered again before following me into his room. I grabbed the small stash of clothes I had hidden under his bed for the time I was here and went down to the laundry room to collect the rest. 

Eunhyuk was chewing nervously at his bottom lip as I shoved everything I brought into a  bag, well, a few Wal-Mart bags. I wasn't angry or anything, I just kinda wished that my time away from home could have been longer!

Eunhyuk eventually brought me out to his car and drove me home. I gave him a small hug and a panicked glance before stepping out of the car.

I could feels Eunhyuk's eyes follow me as my feet dragged across the rough cement towards my house. Everything seemed to revolve around me just making it through the front door at the moment.

I breathed in as I got to the door. I opened the door slowly, glancing back at Eunhyuk before stepping into my house.