Chapter 12: Eunhyuk

Panophobia

Lee Eunhyuk

 



Donghae wouldn't let me take his shirt off, probably because he didn't want me to see his chest. He looked perfect on what I could see. He did look a bit on the thin side but I still thought he looked perfect.

Donghae blushed as he stared at my chest. I mentally smirked. Little Donghae was checking my chest out?

Or was he?

I don't care? Oh well. I grabbed Donghae's small wrist gently and tugged him towards the local lake. Today there were only a few parents with their children and I was here with Donghae. The only person I need at the moment.

Donghae flinched when his toe touched the cold water. I smiled softly and scooped Donghae up in my arms. He squeaked and clung to my neck for dear life as I went knee deep in the water.

"I'll keep you safe," I whispered in his ear. Donghae blushed crimson and hid his face in my shoulder. I smiled like an idiot and walked deeper into the water. Donghae clung to me tighter and started to relax. 

I slowly slid Donghae into the water and started to make my way deeper into the water. He frowned as his finger tips brushed the waters surface. He was waist deep in the clear water and I was up to my chest, in other words, I was Donghae deep since he can hardly reach the top of my chest with his shortness. 

"Come here Donghae." Donghae frowned and made his way closer to me. I told his to relax as I placed my hands under his stomach. Yes, I was going to teach Donghae how to swim the way most parents teach their five year old how to swim.

"Alright, lay on my arms," I told Donghae. He looked up at me with fear and I gave him a reasurring smile. He gulped and slowly laid his fragile body on my arms. I swear, this kid is lighter than air. "Alright, now paddle your arms, underwater or above, whichever works for you and then kick your legs," I said. The water splashed me as Donghae did as I said. After awhile of struggling I think he finally got it and I let go of him. Donghae sank a little and he started to doggy paddle around me. In his eyes I could see... happiness? Whatever it was it made Donghae look so much more adorable.

"You're doing it!" I shouted to Donghae. He looked up at me shocked and swam back to a spot where he could touch. Aww, he looked adorable when he swam, why did he have to stop? I gave a sideways frown and Donghae blushed. He pointed towards the sand and I followed him as we walked back. He took his finger and wrote,I can swim! Jessica is going to be so proud! And, um, maybe my mom won't be so mad at me anymore... Thank you, Eunhyuk. in the sand. I smiled like a goofball and pulled Donghae into a tight hug. He shakily hugged back and buried my face in his hair. We stayed like this for awhile before I felt sand fly into my face. I opened my eyes and Donghae pulled away, holding the back of his head and sniffling, his face cast downwards and tears falling down his nose. Laughter thundered beside us and some two bonehead jocks were chuckling darkly.

"What the is your problem?" I snarled, glaring darkly at them.

"Gays," they both said and walked away laughing. I glared at the very ground they had just walked on. I saw that Donghae had gotten a ball of sand thrown at the back of his head.

I sighed and pulled Donghae into my arms. I combed my fingers through his dark brown hair and worked as much of the sand ad I could out of his hair. 

Donghae relaxed into me, our bodies fitting against eachother in the most perfect of ways. Donghae looked up at me through his frindge and blushed, casting his gaze back down.

"Ready to work on your fear of the dark?" I questioned. Donghae nodded as we stood up.