Chapter 11: Donghae

Panophobia

 

Lee Donghae

Eunhyuk looked over the list, trailing his finger down it. His finger lingered on my two biggest fears: Love, Relationships.

I wonder why that is. Maybe he thinks it's stupid? Most likely. A small sigh escaped my lips.

"Hey, Donghae, do you mind pointing out your smaller fears?" Eunhyuk asked, shoving the paper at me. I frowned and slowly took a red marker of the table. I drew a little red cirle up in the corner and wrote: Red = Big Fears 

I then took a blue marker and drew a small circle under the red one: Blue = Small fears

I drew blue circles around my small fears, making sure to bold the circle. Most of my fears were colored in blue. Eunhyuk smiled.The smile that I adore.

"Okay, now I'm going to divide the fears up, starting with the small ones," Eunhyuk said, putting numbers next to certain fears. He put Day #1 next to five of my small fears.

"Okay, so today we are working on dogs, dust, swimming, crowds, and the dark," Eunhyuk cheered, pointing at the fears as he went along.

"Choco!" Eunhyuk called. The small dog came running in, barking and wagging its tail. I shook and scooted closer to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk chuckled and I shot him a glare.

He pulled me down on the ground with me as he sat down. "Now, reach your hand out and let him sniff it," Eunhyuk instructed. I did as he said and shakily stuck my hand out. Choco sniffed my hand for a moment before wagging his tail once again and he started my fingers. I gasped and felt my lips twitch. Who knew a dog my fingers would make me tempted to giggle?


I pulled my hand away from the dog, but not before running my fingers along it's golden back. The puppy yelped and barked in excitement as I petted it. I felt a strange emotion bubbling inside me, but I couldn't put a finger on it. 

Choco rolled over so that his stomach was facing up. A small gasp escaped my lips as I ran my fingers over the dogs small stomach. Eunhyuk looked at me with a proud smile.

"You still scared of dogs now?" He asked, a smirk on his face. I shot him a small glare. This was just one dog, there were millions of other dogs out there. But this is a start. 

I shook my head at Eunhyuk and then pointed at the list. Eunhyuk looked at it and then jabbed a finger at the next fear of the day: dust. Oh how I hate dust. It contains germs and it's nasty and it can make me sick and it makes me sneeze and cough.

Eunhyuk grabbed my small hand in his and led me upstairs. His room was on the second floor and we had to take about 20 stairs to get to it. Eunhyuk led me into the library.

"There is tons of dust in here." Of course. There are books in here and we all know Eunhyuk dislikes reading... well, maybe he doesn't but maybe he just dislikes certain books.

"Alright, I would say there is the most dust in the geography section." Eunhyuk led me to the books that were all on the globe. I rolled my eyes but then freaked out when I saw lumps of dust on the books.

"Touch it." Eunhyuk took my pointer finger and led it towards the books. I pulled my hand back and clutched it to my chest. Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulders and gave me an apologetic smile, "It's for your own good," he said and then grabbed my finger again. I let him do it this time as I breathed heavily. Is this a silly fear? Of course. Does it affect my everyday life? Of course. Will it be simple to get over? Most likely.

Eunhyuk ran my finger over the side of one of the books. Dust collected on my finger tip and I shook in my shoes. Am I a dork? Of course. Eunhyuk let go of my finger and waited for me to do something. I simply wiped the dust off on my shirt after staring at it for a while. Eunhyuk broke into a grin as he stared at me, "Good, now instead of thinking about bad dust just do that."

"Now we work on swimming!" Eunhyuk shouted, grabbing my hand once again and leading down the hall to his room. He slammed the door once we were in and ran into his closet. I heard shuffling sounds and then Eunhyuk came running out in his swim trunks and a t-shirt.

"I can’t believe a person who looks like a fish has a fear of swimming! You find some swim trunks! I'll go start the car." Eunhyuk ran out of the room and I frowned, not liking the fact I was alone. I walked into Eunhyuk's closet and dug through his swimtrunks drawer. There was one pair that I already liked. They were black with white lines running down the sides. On the right leg there were swirls sticking up from the bottom running along the swimtrunks leg. I quickly tore my clothes off and pulled my t-shirt back over my head. I wasn't happy about the swimming thing though because I am a horrible swimmer, well, actually, I can't swim at all. 

Eunhyuk is the one person I trust to show me how.