Chapter 16: Eunhyuk

Panophobia

 

Donghae's ears turned red.

"I swear to God, you're the cutest thing ever." I laughed, hugging him. He pushed me away and stuck his tongue out. "So? Is it a date? Of course as friends though." I smiled softly at him. He chewed on his lower lip and brushed some hair out of his face before nodding slowly.

I squealed.

Yes, I squealed. I mean come on, I just scored myself a date with the most adorable thing ever... I know only as friends, but that's not the point. The point is, I asked Donghae out on a date, and that's all that matters.

I sat beside him. "What'cha wanna do for a date?"

He shrugged and frowned.

I tapped my chin. "Hmm... How about... Well, I know how much you still hate crowded spaces and ... how about we just... stay at my house. But... we'll make cookies, and we'll... we'll play Rockband!" I yelled excitedly.

Okay, I know. I'm incredibly romantic. No need to tell me.

He flinched but gave a a ghost of a smile, nodding his head and taking his notebook out. It wasso close to a smile. But not enough. I frowned but quickly replaced it with a smile.

I like the sound of that.

"Good! Cause even if you didn't, I would make you anyways." I grinned, hugging him and then pulling away.

"Eh, the clothes. I'm staying in my pyjamas the rest of the day." I laughed, taking his hand and pulling him out the door and to the kitchen. "No, you don't get breakfast. You're going to eat cookies for breakfast." I giggled, opening the fridge and pulling out two rolls of cookies.

"Come on, over here, you can't make cookies at the kitchen table." I whined, pointing. He shook his head, apparently amused and came over. We set to work pulling chunks off the roll and slapping them onto the tray.

I took a piece and ate a little bit. I mean, it's cookie dough, how can I not? Mmmm...

Suddenly, Donghae slapped my arm. "Hey! What was that for?" I squealed. He scrunched his nose up and pointed to the tray, almost as if saying,

I saw that.

"You didn't see anything." I grinned, taking the tray and shoving it into the oven and setting the timer. Then I turned around and grabbed him, picking him up bridal style. He made a little noise of fright and I hugged his small frame to my chest and ran to the living room, plopping him down on the couch.

"Oh calm your patootie. I was just taking you here so that we can play Rockband while the cookies bake."

He rolled his eyes. I laughed and turned the PS3 on.

Ten minutes later, Donghae was on the drums, pounding away frantically, practically missing every note. I was saving him every ten seconds. Literally. Not like I cared though. He was making these little snorting noises every time he missed.

By the time the song ended, he threw the drumsticks on the ground and folded his arms across his chest, pouting.

I took the guitar off my neck and went over hugging Donghae. "Awh come on. You really didn't do all that bad... on easy..." I grinned. He pushed me away and stood up and went over to the couch and fell facedown onto the pillows.

I snorted. "Don't be such a crybaby. You did fine. Seriously." I grinned, tickling his sides. He switched positions and slapped me round the head. "Ow! Donghae!" I complained. He looked away guiltily for hitting me, and then hugged me, leaning over and kissing my cheek as an apology, and then blushing.

I felt my cheeks burn slightly. "Good, you should be sorry." I fake hurted. He sniffed suddenly and then his eyes went wide and pointed to the kitchen. I sniffed once and gasped, jumping up and racing to the kitchen.

"THE COOKIES. OH MY GAWD. OUR COOKIES." I screamed, grabbing an oven-mitt and yanking the door open. Grey smoke billowed around us and I fanned it away quickly, hoping that the fire alarm wouldn't go off. My mum would kill me.

I pulled the tray out and set it on the ground, fanning them with my hand. Five minutes after the smoke cleared, we could finally see the cookies. It wasn't really as bad as it looked, just a little singed. I took one of the cookies, blew on it, peeled away as much of the burned top I could and handed the cookie shyly to Donghae.

"You can have the first one." I smiled sheepishly.

I knew he was trying to suppress a smile, cause he was abusing his lower lip, but he took it graciously and bit into it. He chewed slowly before nodding and writing down something in his notebook.

They're delicious no matter how burnt they are. :]

I felt my heart leap in my chest and I grinned, throwing my arms around him and hugging him. I didn't care about how the cookies tasted, I only cared that he drew a smiley face. To me, it's almost as good as a real smile.

We spent the rest of the day on the ground eating burnt cookies and watching crappy reruns of retro-television shows on the black-and-white tv in the kitchen.