Chapter 14: Eunhyuk

Panophobia

While Donghae slept, I read over the rest of his list, my phone resting under my chin so that I could see in the dark. I highlighted the fears that we had already worked and gotten over. When I finished, I saw that there were quite a few fears left.

Relationships, love, kissing, bullies, crowds, blah blah blah.

I felt my eyes droop slightly and I glanced down at Donghae. Half of his face was buried in the sheets and he had the cutest little face. He wasn't exactly smiling, which was disappointing, but it was kind of close. It's a start.

I felt like I wanted to be the first person to make him smile. Speak. Love.

My heart ached and I brushed some hair from his face, turned my phone off, and laid back down, spooning Donghae to my side. He mewled softly and I grinned, nuzzling the back of his neck with my nose and I let my eyes flutter shut.|||

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty."

Donghae groaned and buried his face into my chest, shaking his head "no."

I chuckled, poking his sides gently. He growled softly and slapped my hands away, pushing me away. I pouted and he turned back to the pillow.

My mind wandered towards him, and I wondered if he was smiling. Because if he was, I couldn't see it, and it upset me, but I didn't let it show. After all, I couldn't grab him and turn him around, proclaiming, "AHA! You're smiling!" because I know that he would hate me forever.

"Wakey wakey, come on Donghae. We're going to work on only four fears today. I'll give you a break. Okay? We're working on heights, crowds, loud noises, and dancing."

He chewed on his lower lip and then reluctantly nodded, rolling out of the bed and tumbling towards the ground. I grabbed him just in time before his head hit the ground and lugged him back up. He squeaked, his face flushed with embarrassment.

I poked his cheek. "Cute." I mused, walking over my closet, and tossing him a small, navy scoop-neck tee. I dug through some more and chucked a pair of jeans over my shoulders. They would have to do, even if they were too long. He was just going to have to roll them.

Turning back around, I pointed to the bathroom. He hugged the clothes to his chest and trudged into the bathroom, shutting the door.

Ten minutes later, he was finished and I went in, changing quickly. When I came back out, he was sitting on my bed, bouncing lightly on it.

I grinned, walking over and sweeping him off his feet and onto the ground, twirling him in a circle. He squealed and through his arms around my neck. Hey, if he wasn't going to talk, I was going to have to get close to it. When I stopped, he pulled away, scowling at me.

I rolled my eyes and grinned, grabbing his hand, going downstairs to the kitchen.|||

We spent the afternoon walking around the park and walking around town. I bought myself a few things and bought him a few things. Of course he insisted that I didn't, but I did anyways. Just because... I can.

After dropping our bags off at my house, we were back out the door. I was taking him clubbing at the hotel close by, and I didn't care what he thought. He needed to get over these fears no matter what.

"Come on Donghae. Hurry up." I pouted, tugging on his hand. He chewed on his lower lip frantically, planting his feet dead on the ground.

I sighed and went back, scooping him up into my arms. He threw his arms around me and squeaked. I smiled and went back to the front door, nodding at the bouncer. He nodded back staring oddly at us and opened the door, letting us in.

I set Donghae back on his feet.

He looked around at everything, his eyes wide with fright. I was making him face dancing, loud noises, and crowds all at the same time. I'm a . I know.

I pointed to the dance floor after a moment and he shook his head frantically. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, typing quickly.

please don't make me do this! :'(

"You're going to have to face it sooner or later." I sighed, lacing my fingers with his and pulled him towards the dance floor. He pressed against me tightly, trying not to touch any other person. I'll admit that I felt so incredibly bad, but it was too late to turn back now.

He clapped his hands over his ears against the loud, thumping bass, his eyes squeezed shut. He looked about ready to pass out. The body heat was probably suffocating him. The music was probably hurting his sensitive ears. The flashing lights was enough to make anyone go blind.

So I did the only thing I could do to calm him down. I slid my arms around his waist and began to slowly sway his body back and forth, hugging him tightly to my chest.

Eventually, he let go of his ears and pressed his face along the crook of my neck, his arms around me tightly.

To say that I made him do these things for his own good was a lie. I was partially doing this for my own selfish reasons, but you can't blame me.

After a while, he seemed to relax slightly in my arms. I smiled. "How are you holding up?" I yelled into his ear. He winced. "Sorry." I whisper-shouted. He gave me a wry smile and then shrugged his shoulders.

I grinned, moving away from him a little and began to dance a little more. He glanced down at my hips, then up to my face, and then back to my hips. Through the darkness of the club and the bright, flashing lights, I could see the blush rise to his cheeks.

"Like what you see!?" I yelled, smirking. He looked up and frowned, turning away and pushing his way through the crowd.

"Wait!"

But he was already out of the crowd. I saw his small frame mill through until he got to the only place with no people. Then he saw that there was an elevator. He glanced backwards and I pushed through, desperately trying to get to him.

Then he pushed the button and the elevator dinged.

Awh .

By the time I got to him, the elevator door slammed shut in my face.|||

As soon as the door opened, I slipped out and looked around frantically for Donghae. He had gone to the roof I saw, and I knew he was terrified of heights.

When I caught sight of him, he was against the wall, curled into a small ball. I rushed to his side, and crouched down.

"Donghae, whatever I said, forget it. I'm sorry. Look, just please don't ever do that again. I know that you're insanely scared of heights, and... I just feel that... you can't do this on your own."

He looked up at me and glanced at the edge of the roof and then up at me with tear-stained cheeks. And then he reached up as if a three-year-old would say, "Up." I picked him up and took him back to my house.