chpater 13:; Donghae

Panophobia

Donghae

 

 



Eunhyuk had me spend the night at his house. Again. This time though it was to help me get over my fear of the dark which is something I really wanted to get rid of. I don't mind the dark if I'm sleeping but if I'm in the dark for a long time then yes, I will be afraid.

"Okay, Donghae, I'm going to shut the lights off in a few minutes, if there is anything you want to do before hat to like, prepare I guess, tell me now, 'kay?" I nodded and ran my fingers through my hair. Eunhyuk was standing next to the light switch and I was sitting cross legged on his bed. He studied me carefully before switching the light off. I didn't freak out majorly at first. I could hear the patter of Eunhyuk's footsteps as he scurried towards the bed. He jumped on and the right side of the bed went down from his weight. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there. Eunhyuk took my hand in his and gave it a good squeeze. 

I didn't feel very panicked. I only felt... a little bit panicked. I heard a tiny noise come from the corner. Instantly I wanted to know what it was but I couldn't because I couldn't see. I shivered and squeezed Eunhyuk's hand tighter. He squeezed my hand back and and traced circles over my palm. I heard another sound and once again, I had a mini panic attack.

This continued for a while, me hearing non-exsistant sounds coming from the corners or sides of the room, and then I would have a mini panic attack, afraid of what might be in the dark just waiting to pounce. If Eunhyuk weren't here, I would be having full blown freak outs. 

Eventually, I calmed down, Eunhyuk soothing me the whole time. His Voice made me focus more on him That voice, it just, well, drew me in. I closed my eyes, just listening to his voice as the small sounds faded away. 

A yawn bubbled past my lips and Eunhyuk chuckled lightly. I could feel him lay down beside me, so I laid down as well. Eunhyuk was breathing lightly, tracing his fingers along my arm in a soothing way. 

I felt my eyes begin to close. Eunhyuk helps me forget about my fears. He helps me forget about stupid bullies. He helps me forget about my mother. He helps me forget about my sister. 

What Eunhyuk does show me is the glimpse of that emotion named happiness that I have never had before.