Last Man Standing & Lycans On The Loose

Everytime we talk, I'll fall a little harder.

A good 8 hours, Tiffany spent in the operating theatre with Taeyeon pacing to and forth outside it,
full of worries.
It was clearly to everyone that Taeyeon was really worried and concerned for Tiffany.
Just then, the doors of the operating theatre broke open with the doctors walking out with a concerned look.

"How is Tiffany?"
"Doctor, please do something to help her"
"I cant lose her, i cant lose her now" pleaded Taeyeon with tears in her eyes.

The doctor shook his head as he took off his face mask.

"Im sorry, but i've tried my best"
"The rest, she'll have to depend on her will"
"For this upcoming 24 hours, it will be very crucial for her" said the doctor sadly as he turned to leave.

Taeyeon, collasped onto the floor,
hands hugging her knees with tears falling off her beautiful face.

"No.."
"Tiffany.."
"I love you, i cant live without you"
"Why, why..?"
"I should have objected to this challenge!" cried Taeyeon in sorrow as she burried her head in her knees.

Just then, rushed footsteps were heard advancing towards Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, how's Tiffany?!" asked Jessica worriedly as she ran over to Taeyeon.

Following behind was Yuri, Yoona as well as Sunny.

"How's Tiffany?!" asked Sunny concernly with teary eyes.
"Please, Taeyeon tell me she's alright"

Taeyeon wiped her eyes and looked up to Tiffany's two best friends.

"I very much would like to tell you she's fine"
"But the doctor says everything is now dependent on her will"
"And this upcoming 24 hour is very crucial for her" sobbed Taeyeon as she stood up and left the crowd with a dejected backview.
"Its all my fault, i should have objected to this.."
"All these would have never happened" whispered Taeyeon in tears as she left for Tiffany's ward.

Yuri held her back.

"Its not yours Tae"
"Stop blaming on yourself" whispered Yuri sadly.
"We could never expect that maid to do those"

"You dont understand Yul!"
"I dont want, i dont want to miss the chance i lost decades ago!"
"I dont want, i dont want to lose Tiffany like how i lost her decades ago!" shouted Taeyeon in frustrations as she swung free from Yuri's grasp and ran away.

Jessica sat down on the bench outside the operating theatre,
after thinking for awhile, Jessica stood up quietly and walked off quickly.
Walking into the CEO office of the hospital, Jessica bowed a little to the secretary with a smile before entering the room.
To see, only an senior-looking old man, hair has all turned grey, reading through the documents with a sigh.

"Haraborji" called Jessica in tears.

Old Mr Jung put down his specs and looked up to see his teary only granddaughter.

"Whats wrong Sooyeon?" asked Old Mr Jung worriedly.
"Why are you crying?"
"Why havent you been going home?"

"Haraborji" cried Jessica as she hugged him tightly.
"Can you get the best doctor for Tiffany?"
"Please?"
"Please please please"
"I cant lose Tiffany" sobbed Jessica sadly as tears soaked Old Mr Jung's shirt.

Mr Jung's touched Jessica's head but recieved a loud wince from Jessica.

"Whats wrong?"
"What happened?"
"Are you hurt?"

Jessica closed her eyes, trying to contain the pain that was searing through her head.

"Ani.."
"Haraborji, can you please save Tiffany?"
"Please!" said Jessica as she went down onto her knees, pleading her grandfather as tears streamed down her face.
"I wont bother any one of you in future i promise"
"As long as you save Tiffany!"

"Come on up Sooyeon" said Old Mr Jung as he helped Jessica up and brought her to the sofa.

"I'll help Tiffany"
"Dont worry, stop crying" smiled Old Mr Jung as he gave Jessica a light squeeze on her hands.
"But let me get a doctor to check on you alright?"
"Your head"

Jessica immediately stood up and took a few steps away from Old Mr Jung.

"Aniya, its okay haraborji"
"Kamshahamnida haraborji for agreeing to help Tiffany" said Jessica quickly as she wiped her teary eyes and ran out of the room.

Outside the room, was Yuri waiting for her impatiently.
As Jessica dashed out of the room, she bumped onto Yuri and fell back down onto the ground as she held onto her head and groaned in pain.

"Sweetheart, are you in pain?"

"Bring me out of here first"
"Please" pleaded Jessica as she tugged onto Yuri's shirt.

Yuri quickly carried her out and brought her away from the CEO room and towards Tiffany's ward.
Putting her down on seat, Yuri cupped Jessica's face in her hands.

"Are you in pain sweetheart?" asked Yuri worriedly as she wiped the tears off Jessica's face.

"Im fine"
"Thats what i get for turning my back against that donkey" said Jessica sadly.
"Taeyeon" called Jessica.

Taeyeon walked over to Jessica with a concerned look.

"I've told my grandfather to get Tiffany the best doctors here''
"Dont worry, Tiffany will be fine"
"But im sorry, im really tired, i feel like going back to rest first" said Jessica as she stood up from her seat with a weak smile.

"Thanks Jessica" smiled Taeyeon.
"And, Siwon oppa is looking for you Jessica"

"No problem" replied Jessica as she turned to leave.
"Siwon oppa..?"
"Okay.."

"Sweetheart" called Yuri as she pulled back Jessica's wrist.
"Dont leave, im bringing you to the doctors"
"You might have a concussion sweetheart"
"Its nothing minor"

"Its okay, its just a bump on my skull Yul" smiled Jessica assuringly as she gave Yuri a squeeze on her hands.

"No i insist" said Yuri firmly as she scooped Jessica up in her arms within seconds.

Jessica put her arms around Yuri's neck tightly.

"Please, Yul"
"I really really hate the doctors"
"I promise i'll be just fine with the rest"
"Please, let me go"
"I've won the challenge and i've got the special request right?"
"My special request will be you to bring me back"

Yuri frowned.

"Please, Yul"
"I really hate the doctors"

"But you could be real hurt" said Yuri concernly.

"Yup, Yul unnie is right" interrupted Yoona as she approached us.

"Please, Yul and Yoona"
"Please, i promise i'll be just fine after tonight"
"I've a hard head, it runs in my family"
"I just need a soft bed now to rest"
"Please?" begged Jessica with puppy teary eyes.

Yuri sighed and nodded to Yoona.
As Yoona took a step nearer, Jessica and Yuri were back to Jessica's backroom with seconds.

"I'll leave you two here" said Yoona before disappearing into thin air.

Yuri slowly laid Jessica onto the bed, pulled the covers over her and brushed her lips against Jessica's.

"Wait for me here, sweetheart"
"10seconds" said Yuri with a smirk.

And Yuri returned to Jessica's side with a glass of water and 2 white pills.

"Take this" said Yuri as she Jessica 2 white pills and the glass of water.

With a gulp, Jessica obediently swallowed it.

"Now, bed" instructed Yuri as she pointed to Jessica's bed.

Jessica smiled with a slight nod.

"Thanks Yul" said Jessica as she closed her eyes and let darkness take over her.

The next day, Jessica woke up to see Yuri standing by the balcony of her room.
Slowly sitting up, Jessica called for Yuri.

"Yul..?"

Yuri turned and immediately got to Jessica's side with a soft smile.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Of course"
"Like i promised"

"Good"
"But sweetheart, im sorry but i need you to gather at the great hall now"
"We have unfinished matters after yesterday's incident" said Yuri sadly.

"Alright"
"I'll be quick"
"Will be there in 30 minutes"
"Thats my fastest" added Jessica with a wink before dashing to the bathroom.

Yuri smiled and walked out of the room, towards the great hall.
30 minutes later, Jessica entered the great hall but was shocked at the amount of people that actually decreased from the first day she was here.

"Alright"
"Since everyone is here now"
"I would like to announce something" said Yoona as she stood up from her seat.

All the eyes turned to her.

"As everyone can see, yesterday's incident"
"We, as the princesses of this kingdom are extremely sorry for what had happened"
"For not being able to prevent it from happening"
"But, challenge is afterall a challenge"
"Losers and winners will still be announced"
"So im sorry to say, Sekyung&Gyunmin"
"You two are eliminated" said Yoona with a sad smile as the guards came into the great hall, positioning them beside Sekyung and Gyunmin.

"Please bring them to the room before sending them home" said Yuri as she took a step forward and sighed.
"And, here's something for you two" added Yuri as she put a necklace each over Sekyung's and Gyunmin's neck.
"We enjoyed your stay here"

"It isnt fair!" protested Sekyung as she was being dragged out of the great hall while Gyunmin just sighed sadly and followed the guards out.

After they were sent out, Yoona and Yuri stood forward.

"Now as you two can see"
"We're left with Jessica and Chanmi"
"Tiffany's hurt, therefore has to forfeit the whole challenge"
"So, we'll hold our last challenge"
"It will be between Jessica and Chanmi" announced Yoona fairly.

"Yup"
"So as not to drag things"
"We'll hold the last challenge 3 hours later"
"It will be on our history" said Yuri with a smile.
"Im sure you've been paying much attention in class the past few days"

Jessica swear she saw Chanmi sighed disappointedly before leaving the great hall.

"History?"
"I didnt even attend any of the lesson" chuckled Jessica cutely to herself.

Just then, Jessica felt an arm around her waist.
As soon as she turned her head, she saw Yoona.
The next second, she's infront of Siwon.

"Here oppa, she's all yours now" winked Yoona as she disappeared into the space again.

"Yoona has really taken into interest of teleporting these few days" muttered Jessica grumpily.
"Didnt even tell me where is she bringing me"

Siwon chuckled.

"Stop blaming Yoona"
"I made her do it" said Siwon with a smile.
"Come over"
"Lets have a talk"

Jessica's heart froze.

"Come on, i wont bite"

Jessica took cautious steps towards Siwon and slowly sat beside him.
Something inside Jessica made her feel very uneasy being with Siwon.

"So, Jessica"
"I can call you that right?"
"Or your prefer Jessica-sshi?" asked Siwon as he poured Jessica a cup of coffee.

"Jessica will do"

"You looked as if you're afraid of me"
"Arent you?"

Jessica's eyes widened in shock.

"Well, Jessica"
"I want you to tell me about all your purple bruises and nose bleed" said Siwon seriously.

"..."

"Im a doctor" warned Siwon with a firm tone.

"If i were to tell you"
"Can you not spill it to Yuri?"
"I wont be hers, just let me finish my last challenge here and i'll leave" said Jessica sadly.

"Thats too early to be determined Jessica"
"I promise you i wont tell unless its an emergency" said Siwon with a smirk.

Jessica stared at Siwon for a moment before nodding her head.

"I went for a check, a week before i was caught here"
"The doctor says my white blood cells are weird"
"I was supposed to go for another few tests but then i was caught here"
"But then, im glad to be here now"
"Because more or less, i know whats wrong with me already"

"Jessica.." started Siwon as he put down his cup of coffee.
"You know how serious is it if you continue dragging it this way?"

"I know but i also know i dont have much time left" replied Jessica tearily.

"Hey look"
"There's a solution to everything"
"Worse come to worst, Yuri will change you" comforted Siwon softly as he gave Jessica's shoulder a light squeeze.

"Dont lie to me"
"Really, i've heard from Yuri"
"With my condition, the success rate is only 35%" said Jessica bluntly.

"You knew about it?" asked Siwon with concern.

Jessica nodded.

"If i were to be given a choice, i wouldnt want Yuri to pick me"
"I wouldnt want her to go through another round of pain after decades"

"You cant choose Jessica"
"Its Yuri's heart, isnt it?"
"You cant make her choose someone else if her heart doesnt allow"

"I know, but.."

"Lets drop this topic"
"Jessica, if you were to finish this last challenge"
"Be it you're the winner or not"
"Promise me, go to the hospital for your further tests"
"Dont make me force you to"
"You get it clear into that beautiful brain of yours?" asked Siwon sternly.

Jessica looked at Siwon with teary eyes.

"Im afraid.."

"What are you afraid of?"

"I dont know.."
"The fear is building up, inside me" said Jessica, tearing up.

"Many of us will be there for you Jessica"
"There's nothing for you to be afraid of"
"You get it?"

Jessica nodded.

"Thats better" smiled Siwon.
"Now, i'll get you back to the castle for your next challenge"
"Alright?"

With that, Siwon brought Jessica out of his house and towards his car as he drove Jessica back into the castle.

On the other hand, Taeyeon had been staying by Tiffany's side since the incident,
holding onto her hands tightly.

Slowly, Tiffany start to stir from her sleep and slowly opened her eyes.
It was the happiest moment for Taeyeon, that Tiffany had regained consciousness.

"Tiffany!" exclaimed Taeyeon in tears.
"You're awake!"

Tiffany nodded weakly with a smile.

"The doctors said its all up to your will to wake up or not" said Taeyeon.
"I thought i was going to lose you"

Tiffany smiled.

"I told you.."
"I wont.. ask.. for mercy.."
"I would.. fight.." said Tiffany softly as she held onto Taeyeon's hands.

"Tiffany, im so glad that you're fine"
"I'll make you my lifetime partner"
"I'll change you to be an immortal like me"
"In that case, you wont be getting hurt anymore" said Taeyeon with a determined voice.

"Change me..?"

"Do you not want it?" asked Taeyeon, a little hurt.

Tiffany shook her head.

"Aniya.."
"Im okay.. with it.." smiled Tiffany sweetly.
"When will it be..?"

"Anytime for you"
"As soon as you've recovered" replied Taeyeon.

Back at the castle, Jessica and Chanmi had gathered in the royal library of the castle.
It was Chanmi's first time entering the library while it was umpteenth times for Jessica.

"Alright girls" started Yoona with a cute smile.
"Here's the test venue"
"We'll give the questions out verbally"
"You're supposed to answer it without any reference"

Chanmi and Jessica nodded.

"Chanmi, you'll go first" said Yuri as she stood up from her seat.
"The first question"
"If it comes to a day, the ruler is not able to perform his/her duties"
"Who will be the next to perform it?"

Chanmi frowned.

"The ruler's partner.." stuttered Chanmi unsurely.

"You sure?" asked Yuri again.

Chanmi nodded unsurely.

"Im afraid, you're wrong"
"You've gotten only half of it right"
"Now Jessica"
"Can you tell me who is the first royalty immortal and what was the special attributes of a royal immortal that normal immortal doesnt have?"

Jessica pondered for awhile and smiled.

"The very first royal immortal is Kim Daemyung"
"And the special attribute a royal immortal has whilst the norma immortal doesnt is a special ability that they were born with"

"Hmm.."
"So what did Kim Daemyung posses?"

"Kim Daemyung posses a special ability to be able to relieve the pain of others"
"He was able to take away the physical pain one is experiencing" replied Jessica confidently.

Chanmi looked at Jessica with awe as Jessica was able to answer the question that she herself couldnt answer despite the fact that she had been attending the history class whilst Jessica didnt.

"Impressive" smiled Yoona as she clapped her hands.
"Well, i think the results are obvious, isnt it?"
"Im sorry Chanmi, but you've been eliminated"
"But we're proud that you've came this far" smiled Yoona as she passed Chanmi a slightly different necklace from the rest who had left the castle received.

Chanmi gladly took it and smiled.

"Thanks for making my stay here interesting Princess Yoona and Princess Yuri"
"Its really worth my time" smiled Chanmi as she turned to leave with the guard.

Right after Chanmi left the royal library, a guard rushed into the library panickly as he knelt down infront of Yoona and Yuri.

"Princess Yuri"
"Princess Yoona" greeted the guard politely.

"Whats so hurry that made you dashed into the royal library?" demanded Yoona annoyed.

It was the first time, first time Jessica saw Yoona with that kind of tone.

"Im sorry Princess Yoona, but the is an emergency"
"There are a few lycans lurking around the kingdom"
"It had formed an hazard to our people living in the kingdom"
"One of the lycans, are the head of them"

"Lycans?!" exclaimed Yuri in shock.
"I thought they were driven to a corner by appa and omma years ago?"

"Yes Princess Yuri"
"But we dont know where did these came from"
"Our guards were outpowered by the lycans"
"They are really stronger than the normal ones"

Yuri sighed and waved the guards away.
After the guard left, Yuri gave a nod to Yoona before Yoona left the room while Yuri pulled Jessica back to her room.
In Jessica's room, Yuri sat by Jessica on her bed with a serious expression.

"Sweetheart"
"You've won all the challenges"
"You've stood out among everyone"
"I should have held a celebration for you"
"But i couldnt now"
"However i promise i will, right after im back"
"I have to go out and get rid of the lycans"

"Do you really have to go Yul?" asked Jessica worriedly as she held on Yuri's hands tightly.

"You heard the guard, sweetheart"

"I've heard it"
"But the guard also mentioned that its much more powerful than what you usually faced"

"Dont worry sweetheart"
"I promise i'll be back safely"
"But it will be in a few days"

Jessica sighed.

"I trust you.." muttered Jessica sadly as she looked down onto the floor.

"Trust me that i love you sweetheart"
"Nothing else" smiled Yuri as she plopped her lips against Jessica's soft pinky lips.

On Yoona's side, she was also with her lover - Sunny.
Sitting on the bed of Sunny's, she was embracing Sunny in a warm hug.

"Cutie"
"I'll be away for a few days from now"
"Its an emergency"

"What happened?" asked Sunny concernly.

"Lycans are out on the loose"
"Its threatening the safety of my people" said Yoona sadly.

"But what about you?"
"The history lessons once told us lycans' bite could kill you"
"I dont want to lose you"

"Listen cutie" smiled Yoona warmly.
"I wont leave you neither will you lose me"
"If you dont mind, i've decided to change you"
"Into an immortal like me when im back"
"You wont have to go through so much pain in future"

"Jinjja?"
"Is it possible?"

"Of course" said Yoona as she pinched Sunny's chubby cheeks.
"I dont want to see you leave me, leave this world"
"I want you to be with me, forever"

Sunny landed her lips on Yoona's for a few good seconds before pulling themselves apart.

"Be safe Yoon"
"I love you" said Sunny with a smile.

However, Taeyeon on the other hand hadnt gotten the news of the lycans.
Its only 2 days later, when Tiffany was good enough to be discharged,
Taeyeon brought Tiffany back to the castle before realising that there were lycans on the loose and Yuri and Yoona went out to settle it.
Carrying Tiffany back to her room, Taeyeon tucked Tiffany in bed neatly before settling down beside her.

"Tiffany"
"Listen to me, i'll be leaving you for a few days"
"To join Yuri and Yoona to hunt down the lycans that are harming my people"

"Lycans?"
"No!"
"Taeyeon, they will bite you"
"Their bite kills!" shouted Tiffany as she hugged Taeyeon tightly.

"No, i wont"
"I promise i wont get myself bitten nor killed alright?" smiled Taeyeon as she ruffled Tiffany's hair.
"Now i need you to rest up for the few days and be ready when im back to change you"
"Alright?"

"Taeyeon.." said Tiffany as her eyes turned teary.

"Uh-uh"
"No crying" said Taeyeon as she shook her head in disagreement.
"I promise, i wont break it"
"And, a good news for you"
"Jessica had won the challenge" smiled Taeyeon warmly.
"She's here in the castle too"

"Really?!" asked Tiffany as her eyes beamed with glee.

"Yup of course"
"Now, i'll get going to join Yuri and Yoona"
"I'll be back real soon, i promise" said Taeyeon sweetly as she gave Tiffany a sweet forehead kiss.

"Stay safe" whispered Tiffany as she threw Taeyeon a worried eye smile as Taeyeon left the room.


A/N: Ops, its another update for today.
Am i updating far too fast?
Or should i slow down for you peeps?

Im glad you peeps are enjoying this story,
as much as i do writing it out for you.
Well, in the actual story i read, it wasnt so many one getting hurt but only the main character.
I thought, i should spilt them up, and modified them a little.
So yup, that should answer your question on why are they always hurt.

And, oh yup.
I guess many of you could have guessed what Jessica is suffering from.
But then again, please dont spill it out please? (':

Im really glad, even the silent readers are commenting this story for me.
Love you readers!
5 more comments, i'll update yet another chapter for you peeps tonight.