The protector who has ... A donkey symbol ?!

Reuniting EXO as one .

 

3rd person POV
 
"This way, princess." Lay smiled, and you pouted. "Don't call me that, it sounds weird..."
 
Lay chuckled. "Well, might as well get used to it now, because that's what everyone is going to call you from now on." 
 
"Even you guys?" You whined, and Lay nodded. "Even us. Well except for Luhan I guess."
 
"Just call me Rina! Princess doesn't suit me at all." You grimaced. 
 
"To be honest, it suits you a lot." Lay patted your head. "But okay, Rina it is. Whatever makes you comfortable."
 
"Thanks, Lay gege." 
 
Lay grabbed your hand, and led you to the hospital wing of the palace. Well, it wasn't much of a hospital. More like the royal doctor's office. 
 
Suddenly, you tripped over a huge rock, and tumbled onto the floor, scraping your knee. "Ow..." 
 
Lay's eyes widened. "Rina! You're bleeding!" 
 
You looked down onto your knee, and saw a bleeding gash, with blood tricking down your calf. You quickly lifted your skirt up a little so the blood wouldn't stain your dress.
 
Lay bent down, and picked you up bridal style. "Come on, let's get you healed." You blushed. "I can walk by myself!" Lay stuck out his tongue. "No way. Luhan would kill me if anything happened to you."
 
"... Why? He barely knows me, I don't think he'll really care, it's just a little scratch."
 
Lay opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it shut. "Never mind. I'll save that story for another time."
 
You pouted. 'What could it be...?'
 
He carried you in, and you cringed at all the herbal medicine smells. "Wow, it's actually really big..."
 
Lay smiled, "Tao didn't take you in here?" You shook your head. "He said you might get mad."
 
"That kid." Lay chuckled, and sat you down on a chair. He began scrummaging through shelves, and found a first aid kit.
 
He kneeled down in front of you, and took out a bottle of strange purple liquid and a cloth. Lay first used the cloth to clean the blood trickled down on your leg, before he moved to the actual wound. He poured some of the liquid onto another cloth, and gently dabbed at your wound. You hissed, "It hurts... Is it rubbing alcohol? Why is it purple?"
 
Lay blinked. "What's that? This thing here cleans and helps the wound heal faster."
 
"Oh." You looked at him stupidly. Lay smiled a little, and rummaged through the box and took out big bandages, the kind used for casts. "Stick out your leg."
 
"... Just give a band-aid! It's not even that big of a cut!" You looked at him weirdly.
 
"What are band-aids? Are they some sort of-"
 
"Never mind." You groaned.
 
Lay wrapped your knee up carefully. When he was done, he patted his pants and stood up. "All done!" He helped you up, and smiled. "Can you walk? I'll carry you if you can't."
 
You nodded and smiled at how caring he was. "Thanks Lay ge, I can walk by myself." 
 
"Want to walk around here? I'll show you all the different medicine!" Lay said enthusiastically. 
 
You laughed. "Sure! But wait, are we allowed here?"
 
"Of course, my father's the royal doctor. Did you forget?" Lay flicked your forehead gently. 
 
After going through shelves and shelves of medicine, you came to a conclusion. "Lay gege!"
 
"Mm? What is it?" 
 
"Do you guys... Only have herbal medicine here?"
 
"... It's the only type of medicine." Lay furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"You don't have ... Well, you know, Advil, Tylenol... Those kind of things?" You bit your lip nervously.
 
"Never heard of them." 
 
'Well... I better never get sick here, or I'm going to have to drink bitter herbal medicine.' You groaned mentally. 
 
Lay spoke up. "Want to go out now and talk?" 
 
"Yeah!"
 
 
 
~Sitting down somewhere outside~
 
"So Rina, is there anything you wish to know?"
 
"Well... There's one thing that's bothering me..." You stared him. "You said your power was healing right? Why didn't you just heal me with your power?" 
 
Lay flinched and gulped. "Well... Because we were so close to the medical supplies already, so..."
 
"Ah, okay." 'He's lying. Something's not right.' You thought. "Um, maybe a little on how you met everyone then?"
 
Lay chuckled. "Figured you would ask that. Well, I think I've made it clear that my father's the royal doctor, correct?" You nodded, listening carefully. "Well, I guess you could say that I kind of grew up here. When I was 7, the king had the place we were just in built for us, and well, we moved in and it kind of became our house. I met Luhan and Kris a month later, when Luhan got injured playing soccer."
 
"You healed his wounds?" You asked. Lay shook his head. "My father did, he just wanted to show me some skills."
 
 
 
~Flashback, 14 years ago~
 
3rd person POV
 
"Yixing, this is crown prince Luhan. Bow, son." 
 
The 7 year old Lay stared at the prince, who looked no older than him, maybe even younger. If he was shorter, he would've looked like a 4 year old, with that face.... Lay bowed obediently, and Luhan smiled.
 
"No need to be so formal! Nice to meet you, I'm Luhan, 8 years old! What's your name?" He asked happily.
 
'He's older than me?! No way...' Lay gulped. "I-I'm Yixing, your highness. S-seven years old."
 
"Ah! We're almost the same age! There aren't many people our age in the palace, so let's be good friends, okay?" The young crown prince smiled genuinely.
 
"Ah, yes, it'll be my honor, your-"
 
"Ugh, stop with that gross language. Just call me Luhan, okay?" 
 
As Lay's father wrapped Luhan's leg with bandages, Luhan couldn't help but notice something on the back of Lay's right hand. "Why do you have a weird donkey on your hand?"
 
Lay's eye twitched as his dad tried to stifle his laughter. "A donkey?!" Lay huffed.
 
"... It's not?" Luhan looked confused.
 
"No! It's a unicorn!" Lay said defensively.
 
Luhan burst out laughing. "A unicorn? That's even worse!"
 
Lay was on the verge of tears. "I-it's not... I - I like it..." A tear slowly trickled down his cheek.
 
Suddenly, Lay felt a hand gently patting him, followed by gentle of his hair. "I'm just kidding, don't cry. I know what that is, you're a protector too, aren't you?" Lay's tear filled eyes met with Luhan's soft and caring ones. 
 
"Y-yeah."
 
"I'm one too." Luhan smiled warmly.
 
Lay looked up with tear-stained cheeks and a nose dripping with snot. "R-really?"
 
"Really! Look!" Luhan lifted his shirt up, revealing his milky white chest. "See it?" 
 
"I-it's near your heart..." Lay mumbled softly, still sniffling a bit.
 
"Yeah! Isn't my symbol cool?" Luhan giggled childishly. 
 
Lay bit his lip and huffed. "No! It's so lame," 
 
"Yixing, stop, that's the crown prince!" Lay's father hissed as he finished wrapping the bandages. Lay ignored him and continued.
 
"They're ... they're... they're just stupid little balls that are connected together!" Lay bursted out.
 
Silence overshadowed the three. Lay's father groaned mentally. 'My life is over.' 
 
Suddenly, a small noise was heard. "Pfffft!" Before anyone knew it, Luhan burst out laughing, and Lay soon followed. 
 
"Balls connected together? Is that the best you can think of? Really Yixing?" Luhan laughed, clutching his stomach.
 
Lay laughed just as hard, "I'm sorry! I know it sounded stupid! But I didn't know what a good comeback was!"
 
Lay's father sighed in relief, and patted the prince when the two children calmed down. "Prince Luhan, I have finished wrapping the bandages. You may do as you wish now."
 
"I wanna play with Yixing! Is that okay?" Luhan grinned happily, holding Lay's hand.
 
"Ah, of course, prince. Yixing, behave yourself, and come back early." His father nodded.
 
"Okay dad! See you later!" Lay waved, and Luhan pulled him as they ran off.
 
 
~ palace pond ~
 
"Prince, why'd you take me here?" Lay asked as they arrived at the clear, mirror-like pond of the palace. 
 
Luhan shrugged. "I don't know. I just like this place a lot. It feels like... Something's going to happen here, you know?"
 
 
FLASHBACK END
 
 
"Guess that something was you, wasn't it, Rina?" Lay smiled softly towards you.
 
You smiled a bit, and nodded. "Yeah, I guess. But wait, where was Kris?" 
 
Lay laughed and patted your head. "I'm getting there."
 
 
 
~ flashback continued ~
 
"Yixing, Yixing! Look who I brought today!" Luhan panted after running towards Yixing, pointed to a boy who was dragged along by Luhan.
 
"Luhan ge, who is he?" Lay pointed at the irritated looking boy.
 
"He's my brother!" Luhan smiled from ear to ear. "He's 8 too, just like me!"
 
"Half-brother." The boy corrected.
 
Luhan punched him gently. "Stop caring so much about the details. Half-brother or not, you're still my brother. Now introduce yourself!"
 
"I don't want to be related to you, annoying idiot." The boy muttered under his breath. "Always so happy."
 
"Introduce yourself, Wu Fan." Luhan glared.
 
"Alright alright. Nice to meet you peasant, I'm Prince Wu Fan, Luhan's ha- ... Brother." Kris quickly corrected himself as Luhan jabbed him.
 
"Look Wu Fan, he's not a peasant." Luhan slung an arm around the confused Lay, who looked scared to death by this intimidating new kid. "His name's Yixing, and he's my friend. Be nice."
 
"Yeah yeah whatever, another one of your stupid friends. You should stop wasting your time on having so many friends and start learning on how to be royalty, crown prince ge." Kris sneered. "I'm gonna go back for my lesson. Later."
 
As Kris swaggered off, Lay finally started to whimper something out. "L-Luhan ge, is he really your brother? He's so different from you, so tall and scary!"
 
"It's okay Yixing-ah, he's always like that. Ignore him, lets keep playing!"
 
 
FLASHBACK END
 
 
"So that's why you say you get along better with Luhan?" You asked Lay.
 
He nodded. "Yeah. Kris... I don't know. I get along with him now I guess, but like, we were never that close. It was always me and Luhan who played together." 
 
"So long story short, you're Luhan's best friend?"
 
Lay hesitated for a while. "Well, no. There's someone else."
 
You blinked in confusion. "Who?" 'Who could it be, when Lay and Luhan practically grew up together?"
 
"Sehun. Oh Sehun." Lay seemed a bit... Bitter?
 
'Sehun? Another Korean name...'
 
"But that's a story for next time, again." Lay smiled. "Or you can go ask Luhan, I'm sure he's willing to tell you. Look, Chen's waiting for you already!" Lay pointed at the singer, who was slouched against a palace wall with a smirk on his face.
 
"Chen!" You waved enthusiastically, but you were still curious about who this mysterious 'Sehun' person was.
 
 
 
~Palace of the Northeast (EXO-K)~
 
3rd person POV
 
"Kai, I honestly think that this is a HORRIBLE idea." D.O face palmed and shook his head.
 
"Shush, I'm a genius!" Kai boasted, and D.O sighed for the nth time that day. 
 
"Sneaking into the sacred shrine of the tree of life. Great idea, Kai." Suho muttered sarcastically. 
 
"If you're all against it, then why are you guys still following me? Anyone got a better idea?" Kai huffed. Everyone was silent for a while.
 
"Exactly. So shut up and follow me." Kai waved everyone over so they would hurry up.
 
"What's even in there?" Baekhyun bit his bottom lip. "Is it really worth all this trouble?"
 
"None of us has been in there, so why not take a chance?" Sehun shrugged.
 
"Our maknaes are right, might as well take a chance, right?" Chanyeol smiled widely.
 
As the 6 arrived at the shrine that was located at the furthest corner of the palace, they found it to be heavily guarded. "Great. Now how are we going to get in?" D.O groaned.
 
Kai smirked. "I'm not that reckless, I knew there were going to be guards. I've thought this plan through already. Remember what my power is?"
 
Everyone gasped. "Teleportation! You can teleport us all in, right Kai?" Suho asked excitedly.
 
Kai nodded proudly. "Piece of cake. Hold hands everyone, we're going in."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: late update, I know D: I'm sorry guys, hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday! (:
 
So yeah! So why didn't Lay use his power? And when will you finally get to know about Sehun? xD
 
Comment and Subscribe please! 
 
~ U-KISS_ME ~