date with the crown prince ( luhan )

Reuniting EXO as one .

~ Palace of the Northwest (EXO-M) ~

3rd person POV

“Luhan, you little s h i t.” You mumbled as you checked your hair in the mirror for the last time. “Ugh, damn his pretty face! Who said I wanted to go on a date with him? Cocky little bastard.”

“Don’t deny it, you heart was probably pounding it’s off when that idiot said that.” A deep voice chuckled, and you rolled your eyes. “Kris, have you ever heard of the word, ‘knocking’?”

“Your door was wide open, so don’t blame me.” Kris shrugged and walked into your chamber, grabbing a chair to sit on. “But what, that idiot actually asked you out on a date or something? Where are you guys going?”

You sighed. “I asked him to take me out to the city, but I wanted all of you guys to come along too. Luhan wouldn’t let you guys come, and said it would be me and his date or something today.”

“And you’re swearing at him because…” Kris’s voice died down, waiting for you to finish his sentence.

“Okay you’re right, it’s because I was flustered.” You admitted, embarrassed.

Kris shrugged. “You gotta admit, Luhan’s pretty handsome. Don’t worry, I heard some of the servant girls squeal even when he es at them for doing something wrong. Luhan just has that kind of charisma. Who knows, maybe you’ll really fall in love with him.” Kris smirked, and you facepalmed.

“With that idiot?”

“Hey. You’re an idiot too.”

“When did you start being on your brother’s side?” You gave Kris a fake look of betrayal, and he laughed.

“Even though he’s an idiot, he’s still my brother and I love him. I’ll always be on his side.” Kris smiled sincerely, and you remembered your own brother, once again. Kris saw the pained look on your face and quickly tried to comfort you. “S h i t, ugh I’m sorry Rina, I didn’t mean to bring back memories of your brother again, I just –“

“It’s okay Kris, really. I-I’m not that sensitive about it anymore.”

Kris didn’t look like he believed you, so you quickly changed the subject to avoid the topic once again. “Look, I need to meet up with Luhan now. Tell the others that we’ll be gone for the day, and I’ll see you when we get back.”

With that, you ran out of your own chamber, leaving a confused and guilty prince behind.

 

~ With Luhan ~

“I am NOT riding a horse.” You stated flatly as you stared at the animal happily eating grass in front of you.

“Well it’s either that or we walk everywhere.” Luhan shrugged. “Or we can bring a carriage along, but then someone will have to sit in the front, and I honestly don’t wanna bring a servant.”

“Can you guys just invent cars here already…” you grumbled. “I don’t know how to ride horses though, and I’m wearing a dress. If I fall and die, it’s your fault.”

Luhan stuck his tongue out cutely and poked your forehead. “Idiot, I’m not going to let you ride by yourself. I’ll be behind you. Haven’t you ever heard of bai ma wang zi (prince charming) in fairytales?” he teased, and you scoffed. “The horse isn’t white, it’s brown.” (A/N: prince charming in chinese directly translates to ‘white horse prince’ so yeah. LOL I hope you non-chinese speakers get the pun too xD)

“Close enough. If you want to walk, I’m fine with that too. But then we can’t go very far, since the capital is quite big.” Luhan shrugged.

You were wearing shoes with only a little bit of heels, so you decided on walking. Luhan complied, but started complaining about how embarrassing it would be for the crown prince to be seen walking on foot.

Once the two of you were out of the palace gates, you saw a group of children around 9 or 10 years old playing outside. One of the palace guards was trying to shoo them away, and the kids looked terrified. You ran up to him and quickly stopped him. “They’re just kids, let them play.”

The guard nodded quickly, embarrassed as he backed off. You turned back to the group of children and smiled at them. “Don’t worry, from now on, you can play here.”

“Wah! Jie jie (older sister), you’re so nice!”

“Thank you so much!”

You laughed as the kids thanked you over and over again, and Luhan smiled at the sight. No one was supposed to come near the palace gates to play, but he decided to let this one slip, just for you.

Suddenly, a little girl tugged on your dress, and you looked down at her. “Jie jie, you came out of the palace just now, right? Does that mean you’re a princess?!” She looked at you in awe.

You rubbed the back of your neck. “Er, well, yeah. I’m the wife-to-be of the crown prince. That guy over there.” You pointed at Luhan, who was standing awkwardly at the side.

“No way! I got to meet the future queen?!” The girl blinked rapidly.

“Well not re-“

“Yeah, you did.” Luhan draped an arm around you and kissed your cheek. The little girls in the group squealed while the boys made faces. “I’ve been hearing mommy and daddy and all the neighbours talk about your wedding! It’s the one coming up in a few days, right?” Another little girl asked.

You answered so many questions that your throat almost got hoarse. However, Luhan came to the rescue. “Anyways children, we still have things to do today. If these guards bully you again, come tell gege or jiejie!”

“Well, that took a while.” You mumbled after the two of you were out of earshot.

Luhan shrugged. “At least they were cute. Where do you want to go?”

“An arcade!”

Luhan stared at you as if you were crazy. “What the hell’s that?”

“Stupid technology barrier.” You grumbled. “Wait hold on, won’t people know we’re from the palace? Since we’re wearing formal clothes and apparently, peasants can’t wear these or something.” You rolled your eyes at the weird dress code here at exo planet.

“Everyone knows me anyways, I’m the next king. The people love me.” Luhan boasted, and you punched his arm gently. “They’ll love you too, I’m sure of it.” Luhan smiled at you, and you blushed a little. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“So to be honest with you, I have no idea why you wanted to come out to the city. I mean honestly, we have better food and clothes back home.” Luhan scoffed.

“You’re the next king, shouldn’t you be more loving of your country?” You raised an eyebrow.

“I do love my country!” Luhan defended. “It’s just that I thought your request was a bit … odd.”

“Well, Se-“ you were about to tell the prince who really came up with the plan, but you shut up quickly, remembering Sehun’s warnings.

“What?” Luhan frowned.

“Nothing.”

“Liar.”

“Wha- I’m not lying!”

Luhan didn’t seem convinced. “Fine, whatever. Let’s go to the shop where they sell my favorite drink.”

“Is it like, tea or something? Because you royals have to be all classy?” you rolled your eyes.

Luhan laughed. “It’s tea, but with a lot of milk, and there are a lot of different flavors to choose from. Father doesn’t let us drink it in the palace though.”

“Isn’t that called milk tea?” You poked him as he held your hand.

“Pretty much.”

“Sehun likes this place a lot too, right?” you smiled softly. Luhan cocked his head to the side. “How did you know?”

You shrugged. “It’s a secret~”

 

~ Flashback, the previous day~

‘Remember, when you go into the city, you MUST go to that drink shop alright? They make the best drinks there, I love it so much.’ Sehun rambled on and on about his favorite things to do in the city, and you laughed.

*I will, I will~ What’s your favorite flavor?*

‘CHOCOLATE! Luhan ge likes taro, just saying. Try the chocolate tomorrow, okay? I swear, you’ll love it!’

 

Flashback end.

 

 “Look! It’s crown prince Luhan and his fiancée!” A woman suddenly shouted, bringing the two of your attentions to the crowd that was starting to build up.

They all got on their knees in unison and bowed three times, making you unsure of what to do next. However, Luhan squeezed your hand gently, assuring you that he was there beside you. He kept calm and smiled kindly; being the crown prince, he was used to this a long time ago. “You may all stand up now.”

The two of you were bombarded with questions, and you hid a little behind Luhan. You stared at the prince as he smiled softly at all the citizens, and the way his soft and gentle voice would reply to each and every question with thought and care. You had to admit, he was a professional. ‘No wonder he says all the citizens love him…’

“… and  this is my fiancée, Rina! Soon to be crown princess, I might add.” Luhan winked, and shoved you in front of him.

“Wha-“ before you could even register what was going on, everyone was bowing for you again. “Princess Rina!”

“I- there’s no need to bow, really. Please get up.”

Luhan wrapped an arm around your waist, and you glared at him for suddenly pushing you into the spotlight. He grinned sheepishly. “Please don’t follow us around, I wanted to have some private time with her today.”

“Yes prince Luhan!” Well, at least the citizens were obedient.

“It was nice seeing you all, really. Now, we’ve got to get moving. Bye~” Luhan waved, and the two of you finally got out of that sea of people.

“Do I have to go through that every time I come out to the city now?” You asked softly.

“No, it’s only because you decided to walk.” Luhan flicked your forehead, and you flinched. “Come on, we still didn’t get our drink yet.”

 

~ At the milk tea shop ~

There weren’t many people at the shop when you guys walked in, and you were glad. Less people bowing to you and staring into your soul.

“Crown prince!” The old lady smiled kindly, wrinkles appearing at the corners of her eyes. “Is this your fiancée? I’ve only seen you come here with crown prince Sehun before! Princess Rina right?” She bowed, and you nodded.

“The usual for you? Taro milk tea?” the old lady smiled. “Always.” Luhan smiled back. “What do you want, Rina?”

“Chocolate.” Your lips curled up into a smile.

“Oh, that’s crown prince sehun’s favorite.” The woman smiled kindly, reminiscing the past.

“You like chocolate too?” Luhan poked your nose. You nodded. “Yeah. Guess me and sehun have a lot in common. Oh, a yi! (aunt; also used to call an older woman in Chinese) Can you add some pearls too? I want bubble tea.”

“What’s bubble tea?” Luhan and the lady asked at the same time. “And, pearls or whatever.”

“You’ve never had bubble tea before?” you raised an eyebrow. Luhan shook his head. “Dude you’re missing out! The things they add in milk tea are the best part! Pearls, mango stars, coconut jelly, and so much more.”

“But, we don’t have those things.” The woman said slowly, worried that she might offend you or something.

You shrugged. “It’s okay, milk tea is still awesome.”

Luhan took you to a table and the two of you sat down, waiting for the drinks. “Bubble tea sounds like an upgraded version of milk tea.”

“It is. It’s really good. If you ever come to my world or something, I’ll treat you.” You poked him jokingly.

“Pinky promise?” Luhan stuck his pinky out, and you sneered. “How old are you again, crown prince sir?”

“Shut up. Just do it.”

“Fine fine.” You linked pinkies with him, and stamped your thumbs together. “Let’s take sehun with us too.”

Luhan smirked. “You talk about sehun a lot. Did you develop some kind of girl crush on him or something?”

You were taken aback. “N-no!”

“Well, you sure seem like you do.”

“I don’t.”

“You do.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Stop it.”

“Fine.”

The two of you were silent, then both bursted out laughing. “What are we doing? So stupid!”

“You started it!” You accused, but continued to laugh.

“Well, if you were to really fall in love with one of us, it’ll be me, right?” Luhan stared into your eyes and smiled.

You felt your heart go ba-dump. However, you decided to ignore it. “You wish, luhan, you wish.”

The drinks arrived, and you were eager to taste your first sip of milk tea on exo planet. You slowly took a sip, and your eyes widened. Luhan looked up at you while drinking his own. “Is it good?”

“GOOD? DID YOU JUST ASK ME IF THIS S H I T’S GOOD?!”

“Um, is it not?” Luhan blinked.

“IT’S THE BEST THING THAT’S EVER WENT DOWN MY ESOPHAGUS OKAY? No wonder you and sehun like this place so much!” You drank another large gulp, and Luhan laughed. “That’s good. I’m glad I made you happy.”

 

~ Outside the milk tea shop ~

“That girl… isn’t just some random soon to become crown princess.” A man sneered. “There’s this aura about here that’s not right. Time to tell the others and keep a damn eye on her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: ohohoho. yeyeye. So bbt became milk tea, because… there’ll be something to do with bbt later on okay guise l0l.

Anyways, it’s about time the forces of evil appear, huehuehue ; )

Comment and subscribe please! < 3

Love you all ~

~ U-KISS_ME ~