pt. 2 - date with the crown prince ( luhan )

Reuniting EXO as one .

~ In the city ~

3rd person POV

The two of you walked out of the milk tea shop, holding your half drunken drinks.

“Can we come here again soon?” You asked hopefully.

“Anytime you want.” luhan smiled. “I wanted to take you to the mall, but it’s too far to walk there on foot. Shall we go to the park instead?”

“Are there a lot of people there?” you bit your lip. You’re normally a very social person, but not when everyone’s practically worshipping you. 

Luhan pursed his lips into a thin line and then separated them with a soft “pop”.  “There’s a secret place in the park only exo knows about. I’ll take you there, okay?”

You smiled widely and hugged luhan tightly. “You’re the best!”

Luhan blushed. “I know, I know. Come on, let’s go.”

 

~ Palace of the Northeast (EXO-K) ~

Sehun POV

I felt my cheeks flush, and a strange tingling sensation in my body.

Do these feelings belong to luhan hyung again?

He should be out with rina today. They must be having fun.

I sighed as I walked towards exo-k’s meeting room. Why did the hyungs call me over? When I arrived, they were already sitting down on the sofas, discussing about something.

Geez, what’s so interesting?

Suho noticed me first. “sehun!” All the hyungs looked my direction and greeted me as I plopped down on my seat.

“What’s the big commotion?” I asked.

“Well, we’ve done some research about the legend, and surprisingly, we’ve actually got some results.” chanyeol smiled proudly.

“Why are you smiling, chanyeol.” baekhyun rolled his eyes. “It’s not like we found anything good about it.”

“Oh , that doesn’t sound good.” I frowned.

“Damn right.” kai leaned back and crossed his arms. “We found out a lot of … bad things about it. First of all, apparently, “sacrifices” must be made, and something needs to be created.”

“Sacrifices? A creation?” I raised an eyebrow. “That sounds damn creepy, to be honest.”

Kai shrugged. “That’s what we thought too. Another thing is that we need the two scrolls of the legend in order to revive the tree of life.”

“But the scroll is locked with a barrier! We can’t even get near it!” I grimaced, remember past events involving that stupid scroll.

“The legendary girl is supposed to come with the first half of the scroll, which exo-m has, and then she can get ours, since it’s the second half.” d.o finished for kai.

I nodded. “Then that’s not really a problem right now.”

“That’s not all.” suho continued. “Now that the legendary girl has appeared, our powers are all under her control.”

“What? You mean she can use our powers whenever she wants?” I asked, confused.

“No.” baekhyun stated flatly. “What hyung means is that the state of our powers depends on the state of the girl. If she’s weak, for example, sick or something, then our powers will be just as weak as she is, depending on her condition.”

“So if she dies or something, our powers are gone.” chanyeol finished, completely serious.

Baekhyun smacked his best friend. “Can you stop being so depressing? She’s not going to die. As her protectors, we must take full responsibility.”

“So you’re saying that if she’s healthy, then we can use our powers to whatever extent we want, like right now, but if she gets … let’s say… heavily injured, then our powers are e d too?” I wanted to confirm the statement the hyungs were making.

“Pretty much. I guess that’s why we’re called her protectors.” d.o smiled softly.

“That’s all we could find so far. Any updates on, you know, that weird connection thing with luhan hyung?” kai asked, and by now, sehun was already used to it.

The crown prince shook his head. “Nope.” The lie was incredibly smooth, and exo-k sighed. “I hope we reunite asap, before the forces of evil come for us.”

“I hope so too.” I mumbled.

So I can see exo-m again.

So I can see luhan hyung again.

So I can finally meet… rina.

~ Palace of the northwest (exo-m); in the park ~

3rd person POV

“There’s nothing here.” You blinked as you scanned the wide, grassy field that luhan had brought you to. Luhan shrugged and took a sip of his milk tea.

“Be patient, just watch.” The baby face smiled, and you looked at him in doubt.

He lifted his arm up slowly, hand open so his palm was facing the sky. You stared wide-eyed as an area of the field began to rise up into the air as luhan moved his arm and hand higher. With a flick of his wrist, the piece of the field moved to the side and revealed a large, glass staircase leading underground.

Luhan grabbed your hand and smiled. “The opening to this secret place can only be opened by me, since only my power can move that big chunk of a grass field. Well, okay d.o too I guess. And kai can teleport us in. And – OKAY WHATEVER LET’S JUST GO IN, MY POINT IS JUST THAT NORMAL PEOPLE CAN’T FIND THIS PLACE.” Luhan ruffled his hair in frustration, and you laughed.

“I didn’t say anything, you were just rambling on and on by yourself.” You teased the prince, and he pouted. “Oh be quiet already. Let’s go, so I can restore the field to its original state.”

As you walked down the stairs, your curiosity suddenly sparked. “Wouldn’t dirt fall in if you put the field back?” you blurted out, and luhan made a small, “pfft!” sound.

“Xiumin ge put a thin layer of ice under the whole field actually, so, no. It doesn’t melt either so don’t ask that next.” Luhan laughed and continued going down the stairs with you following close behind. Once the two of you reached the bottom of the stairs, he used his powers to enclose the two of you into the place by putting the field back in position.

You looked around, inspecting the room. It looked like any apartment back in your world. “Wow, this place is pretty nice.”

“Of course, it’s exo’s secret lair. It’s gotta be nice.” Luhan boasted, and you sat on the sofa in front of you. “Why is it this bright when it’s underground? I don’t see any lights.” You asked, confused.

“Ah, baekhyun lit this place up. His power is light, in case you forgot. Unlike regular lights, this one illuminates for a long time, until he wants it to stop, I think.” Luhan pressed a finger on his lips, trying to remember the details of baekhyun’s power.

You placed your milk tea on the coffee table and sprawled across the sofa. “So, what’s there to do here?”

“Like, nothing. I thought you might’ve wanted to just relax here for a while, you know? Hey, move over.” Luhan nudged you, and you made space for him on the sofa.  “Is chocolate good?”

“Hm?” you blinked, confused at the sudden topic change. Luhan pointed to your milk tea. “It must be great if you and sehun both like it so much.”

“You never tried it?” you asked. Luhan shook his head. You held your drink in front of the crown prince’s mouth. “Try some.”

Luhan took a sip, and smacked his lips together, trying to distinguish the taste. “It’s good, but not as good as taro.”

“Psh, you’re just biased.” You laughed, and he passed the cup full of purple liquid to you. “No seriously! Here.” This time you took a sip, and you mimicked luhan’s actions from earlier. “Nope, chocolate’s better.”

The crown prince rolled his eyes. “Seriously, sometimes, I feel like you’re really similar to that brat.”

“What brat?”

“Sehun.”

“Did you just call sehun a brat?” you sneered and poked luhan on the cheek. Luhan huffed. “I always do, it’s fine. You’re a brat too.”

Your jaw dropped and you punched luhan on the arm. “I’m not a brat, I’m going to be your wife soon!”

Luhan laughed and rubbed his arm. “Ouch. You sure punch hard for a girl. Oh, right, the wedding. Are you sure you want to go along with it?” You nodded. Luhan stared at you with a serious expression. “I know I don’t really have a right to know about this, but why are you trying so hard to help us revive the tree of life? Are the three wishes that important to you?”

You looked down and bit your lip. It’s the dreaded topic once again, you just couldn’t ever avoid it. “I do. I really need those wishes. I have to revive my gege.”

“You have a brother? Revive? Wait… He-he’s dead?”

“Yeah. He’s my older twin brother, Ren.” You were reluctant, but ended up telling the story once again.

After you finished, you looked at luhan, wondering what his reaction would be like. To your surprise, he kept silent, and instead, just embraced you in a tight hug. Your eyes widened at the sudden intimate contact, but you hugged back, taking in luhan’s sweet yet manly scent. “I’m sorry for bringing it up.” He mumbled, and you shook your head. “No, it’s fine, really.” The tears were threatening to spill once again, and you tried your best to keep them in. For some odd reason, you didn’t want luhan to see you cry.

As if he could read your mind, luhan spoke. “Cry if you want, rina. I’m here for you. I’m your husband, aren’t I? Well, soon-to-be, but whatever, you get my point.”

A tear ran down your cheek, and the two of you shifted your positions until you were clutching onto luhan’s suit, crying silently into his chest. You were resenting yourself for crying so much recently, since you hate spilling tears. Luhan kept his arms wrapped around you, and he was patting your back gently as he whispered sweet nothings into your ear.

After a while, you had calmed down, and luhan smiled softly down at you. “Feel better now?”

You nodded and smiled back weakly. “Yeah.”

“Just let everything out, and you’ll feel better. Don’t keep everything bottled up to yourself.” Luhan wiped the leftover tears on your face gently with his thumb. He cupped your face with both of his hands and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

You titled your head at the gesture, and smiled as you observed the baby face of the crown prince, who was staring back at you with an innocent expression.

“You know what, luhan?”

He blinked. “What?”

“I’m glad the one I’m getting married to is you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: yeyeye another update! <3

comment and subscribe guise \o/ 

/throws you all exo 

~ U-KISS_ME ~