Chapter 2: I've Found Him!

Never a Replacement.

 

He had a sharp nose, average eyes and cute teeth. You loved everything about him. The way he smiled, it made you feel secure and safe. You looked at him all the way as he carried you to his dorm. When you guys reached, he put you down on the couch. You sat quietly as he went in the kitchen to get the first aid kit. You were still daydreaming about him, about him carrying you…

‘Does it hurt?’ he looked at your wounds. As he took the bandages and cotton out of the kit, he said, ‘I didn’t get to introduce myself just now. My name’s Kevin! Kevin Woo. I’m in class 2A. What about you?’ ‘I’m _____! I’m in class 1B.’ ‘Ah. So it’s your first day here? Is everything okay? Why did that guy push you down just now? Is he bullying you? If he is, tell me, okay? I’ll kick the out of that guy.’ He said, seriously.

You tried to answer all of his questions. ‘Yes, it’s my first day. I’m fine! I don’t know why did he do that, but I think it’s my fault. I bumped into him first.’ You tried to protect Junhyung, because you didn’t want to see anyone hurt. And you thought that he had enough on his mind, and you didn’t want to bother him more.

‘Well, okay.’ Kevin was relieved. He gently cleaned your wounds, and bandaged them. After that, you mumbled something about having to go home for dinner, and left without a thank you. You were blushing as you ran out of the dorm. As you ran, you thought, ‘Am…am I in love? Have I found him?’ You thought back about how he was so gentle and caring with you. ‘Hehehehehehe.’ You giggled and slowed down your pace and started daydreaming again.

Meanwhile, Kevin was cleaned up his dorm and sat down on the couch. ‘She’s so cute!’ He thought. He never felt this way about someone else before. ‘But…I already have HyunA…’As he thought about it, a girl came in. ‘Hey! How was school?’ she sat on the couch beside Kevin and crossed her legs on the couch. Without waiting for Kevin to answer her, she said, ‘Will you get me some lemonade? I’m thirsty.’ Kevin went to the kitchen quietly to get her the lemonade.

********

When you got home, your brother and his friends were already there. They all had worried looks on their faces. Your mom was sitting on the couch while talking on the phone. When you walked in, everyone looked up, and their expressions were thankful and relieved when they saw you.

‘Yah! Where did you go?!’ Your mom was the first to shout. She put down the phone and stood up. ‘I…i…’ You didn’t get to answer your question. She said, ‘Well, you’re home safe, so I’m going to go back to my work place, yeah? Dinner’s in the fridge.’ ‘Okay.’ You and Dongwoon said together.

When your mom left, the boys crowded around you. ‘Where did you go?’ ‘What happened to your elbows and knees?’ ‘What’s for dinner?’ The last one was from Hyunseung. You made a face at him. You explained what happened to you, but you didn’t mention who pushed you. ‘Aww, did it hurt? Are you okay now? Do you need to go to the hospital?’ Yoseob said. ‘Yoseobbie ah, you’re overreacting! I’m fine.’ You assured him. ‘Just a little tired.’

‘Why don’t you go and rest in your room? I’ll bring dinner to you later.’ Dongwoon said, while gesturing for his friends to go home. They left, and you went back to your room. As you went in, you crashed on the bed, and started thinking about the two guys you met today. One was so dark and cold, the other was bright and warm. Two different people… you thought.

Someone knocked on the door. ‘Come in!’ Dongwoon came in with a tray in his hands. There was a bowl of ramen on it. ‘Here. Finish it up and take a rest, arasseo?’ ‘Arasseo…’ You mumbled. Instead of going out, Dongwoon sat on your bed and asked, ‘Something bothering you?’ ‘Nope.’ You smiled as you lied to him. He looked at you suspiciously, but he let it go, because he knew you wouldn’t tell him if you didn’t want to.

After you finished your mushroom soup, Dongwoon brought the tray out and turned your lights off for you to sleep. ‘Jaljayoooo~’ he said. Before you replied, he closed the door. You sighed. ‘Ahhh. I might as well have some sleep.’ You closed your eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

********

A few streets away from you, Junhyung was working in the convenience store. He yawned as he finished piling up the cup noodles. He went back to the cashier, and slumped on the chair. ‘If I had more money, I wouldn’t be doing this.’ He grumbled. But hardly anyone came in the middle of the night, so his job was quite easy.

Just then, someone pushed the door that wrote ‘pull’, and rushed in hurriedly. It was a middle aged woman, carrying a little girl in her arms. ‘Can I have some antipyretics? My daughter’s having a high fever!’ She cried. Junhyung quickly got her the medicine. Just then, he heard the sound of someone vomiting.

It was the little girl. She vomited all over the floor. Her mother started apologizing and patting the little girl’s back with a look of worry on her face. Junhyung walked across the pile of vomit and handed the antipyretics to the woman. ‘You should bring her to the doctor’s if she continues on like this.’ He muttered. ‘I don’t have enough money.’ The woman sobbed, and started apologizing about the pile of vomit and mumbled something about helping him clean up.

‘It’s okay. Take this and bring her to the doctor.’ Junhyung took some crumpled cash out of his pocket and handed it to the woman. The woman didn’t accept it at first, but Junhyung stuffed it into her hand and patted the little girl’s head. ‘Thank you, thank you!’ The woman cried happily, while hugging her little girl. As she left to go to the clinic, the little girl turned and smiled at Junhyung.

‘Mmmph. There goes my breakfast for tomorrow.’ Junhyung grunted. He got a mop out of the store room and started wiping the floor. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his left wrist. He dropped the mop and clutched his wrist, cursing. ‘Argh. Don’t tell me the pain’s back again.’ He thought about the injury he had two years ago, and winced at the throbbing pain of his wrist.

*endofchapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for subscribing and commenting! Heh. Really appreciate it :))

Okay you may ignore my shameless advertising if you want too, *small sob*, but if you're a fan of Kai, Sehun or Barom, do read my other fanfic here! :)