Chapter 13: Mistake.

Never a Replacement.

 

At the same time, Kevin was heading towards the hospital. He didn’t know what he wanted to do when he saw Junhyung, but he knew it wouldn’t be anything good. He couldn’t control his angry feelings any longer. For you, he’d do anything, all he wanted was you.

As Kevin walked towards the side door of the hospital, he saw Junhyung walking out. Junhyung was moving slowly, wincing a little as he took big steps. ‘He must’ve been hurt really bad.’ Kevin thought. At that moment, Kevin couldn’t stand being mad at Junhyung anymore. ‘I’m just not the type that hurts someone else. It’s not right.’ Kevin thought.

Junhyung didn’t realize Kevin in the dark. He walked past him. Kevin didn’t know what to do, so he just looked at Junhyung. ‘What’s so good about him? What does he have that I don’t? Why does ____ love him so much?’ Kevin thought.

And then two words popped into his mind: True love. He smiled. Starting from that moment, he knew, you and him would be good friends, and only good friends.

Junhyung looked as his watch as he left the hospital, getting on a cab. Kevin wondered where he was going. He wanted to call out to Junhyung, but it’d be awkward, so he didn’t.

Kevin felt a hand on his shoulder, and someone behind him, panting. He turned around. It was you. He smiled, but his expression changed as he saw you sweating and worried. ‘What happened?’ Kevin frowned.

‘Junhyung… He’s gone… The nurses can’t find him…’ Your heart was beating really fast and you could tell something bad was about to happen.

‘But… I just saw him! He went on that cab.’ Kevin pointed towards the cab that just started moving. Before he had a chance to say anything else, you pulled him along and stopped another cab. The both of you got on and requested the driver to follow the cab in front.

‘Ah… are you guys shooting a movie? Those scenes where you get a cab to catch the bad guy?’ The cab driver chuckled happily as he chased after the cab in front.

The both of you didn’t reply. You texted Doojoon, telling him Junhyung left in a cab and asking him to call Dongwoon and the others, because you had a bad feeling something was about to happen. You had that feeling since Junhyung received the call earlier in the morning.

You looked at your watch. It was around 11.30 at night, and it was getting dark. The cab turned into a dark road, and no one else was there except for the two cabs. After a few more turnings into dark roads, the cab stopped at a warehouse.

You and Kevin waited for Junhyung to go into the warehouse as you texted Doojoon, telling him the location. Both you and Kevin looked at each other, before getting down the car and paying the driver. It was dark, so it was hard to see anything.

 You guys stood behind the door of the warehouse, trying to hear what was going on inside.

*In the warehouse.

Junhyung stepped in slowly, trying not to show that he was injured. The warehouse was huge, but there was only one person standing in the middle of it. ‘Yong Junhyung…’ The man smirked. He was the one who killed his dad.

Another woman walked forward. It was Junhyung’s ex-maid, Minsoo. Junhyung winced a little at the sight of her. A woman he used to trust so much… How could she…

‘Aww, our little Junhyung’s face is filled with rage. Blaming me for betraying you?’ Minsoo spoke in a sharp voice. ‘You weren’t like that… last time…’ Junhyung managed to say. Minsoo smirked.

‘W-where’s Jihye?’ Junhyung asked. He looked at the spot where him and Jihye hid the box. It was empty. Someone took it out.

‘Hmmm!’ A sharp, muffled scream came from a side of the warehouse. It was Jihye, taped, hands tied behind her back. A man was holding her. Junhyung couldn’t take his eyes off her. I missed you so much, he thought. He wanted to reach forward and touch her face.

But before he did, the man that killed his dad stepped forward. ‘Kneel down.’ He demanded. Junhyung shook his head. The man pushed on his shoulders, forcing him to kneel. Junhyung clutched his injury as his knees hit the floor.

‘Oh, what do we have there?’ The man eyed Junhyung’s injury. He pulled Junhyung’s hand away from it, seeing the bandages and some blood on it. He smirked.

‘Do you have any idea how much trouble you caused us these few years?’ The man started. Junhyung looked on the ground. ‘Since that day we killed your dad, we’ve became wanted criminals. We wanted to find you, and kill you, the only witness. We could’ve done it, but then Minsoo screwed it up and you ran away.’

The man stared fiercely at Minsoo. ‘I’m pissed. We don’t need her anymore.’ He looked at the man holding Jihye. The man took a gun out and shot Minsoo straight through the head. Junhyung looked up, frightened. He shivered a little as it was cold, and he was afraid.

The gunshot brought back memories of his dad being killed.

‘You. Thanks to you, we’ve been hiding these few years, searching for you. Finally, we found you, and got your phone number. Want to know who betrayed you?’ The man smirked again. Another guy pushed someone, tied up, to the side of Jihye.

It was Gikwang.

His mouth was taped up too, but he didn’t fail to make noise. ‘Mmmm…aaaa…aeeee…’ Junhyung heard what he said. ‘Mianhae.’ Junhyung took a deep breath, looking up at the man. ‘What do you want?’

‘Oh, we don’t want anything else. We just want you dead.’ The man said, fire burning in his eyes. Jihye let out a small scream. ‘Ok, but let them go.’ This time, both Jihye and Gikwang made noises. ‘Shut up!’ The man said.

And then the man pulled Junhyung up into a standing position. ‘But before I kill you… I wanna have some fun first.’ He smiled in a really disturbing way. The phone rang. The man picked up, and he gestured for his men to locked Junhyung, Jihye and Gikwang up in a room.

As the men closed the door behind them, all was left in the room was a guilty Gikwang, a rather-thrilled-at-seeing-Junhyung Jihye, and a triumphant Junhyung. Why was he so happy? Because those stupid men totally forgot about tying him up. Junhyung tore the tape on both Gikwang and Jihye’s mouths, and untied their hands.

‘Mianhaeee! Jeongmal mianhae!’ Was all Gikwang could say.

‘It’s ok.’ Junhyung knew it wasn’t the time to be bickering and blaming him now, so he let it go, and leaned on the wall, sighing.

‘Junhyunggie… I… When I left you years ago… I was…’ Jihye started to speak. Junhyung stopped her. ‘We should talk about that later. Right now, we have to find a way to escape.’

Jihye and Gikwang both nodded in agreement, but none of them had any ideas.

Junhyung pouted a little, thinking of ways to leave this place.

And then all of them jumped when the heard the sound coming from outside. It was a gunshot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is where.. the plot thickens. *smirk smirk.

Anyone wants to guess what happens in the end? 

Btw, i can ensure that Gikwang is 100% innocent okay he's just a rather blur character in this story ;___;