Chapter 7: All He Needs Is Love.

Never a Replacement.

 

You ran outside the house after Kevin. You see him walking by himself, towards an alley beside the road. You jogged towards him, and stopped when you were close behind him. He turned around. Once he saw you, he gave you a smile. But you could tell that he was really sad, because his eyes gave him away.

‘You okay?’ You clutched his arm softly without noticing. He didn’t reply. The both of you walked towards the alley. You wanted to talk, but you decided to keep quiet instead. ‘He probably needs some time to himself.’ You thought. As you and him walked into the alley, you realized it was really dark there.

‘Did I make a correct decision?’ Kevin stopped suddenly and looked into your eyes. ‘I…I don’t know.’ You said truthfully. Kevin leaned his back against the wall, and slumped down onto the floor. You kneeled down beside him. ‘Can…can I borrow you for a minute?’ Kevin asked. ‘W-what?’ You thought he meant something else *cough*, so you were shocked.

But before you answered him, he hugged you. So, you hugged him back and patted his back. He sniffed and started crying like a baby. ‘It hurts…’ He mumbled as he cried while hugging you. You were upset too, because you couldn’t do anything to help him. So you continued hugging him, and patting his back.

After a while, he wiped off his tears and stood up. ‘I’m feeling a little better now.’ He managed a little smile. His eyes were red and swollen from crying. You smiled. ‘We should get home, the party’s probably over by now.’ You said. Kevin nodded, and led the way back to his house.

When you guys reached, everyone left, except for Doojoon, Junhyung, Gikwang, Hyunseung, Yoseob, Dongwoon, IU and Jiyeon. Junhyung was the first to run forward. ‘You okay?’ He was talking to you. He didn’t meet Kevin’s eyes, for some reason. Jiyeon pulled Kevin to a side and mumbled something to him.

‘I’m fine.’ You assured Junhyung. You were used to looking at his tired face with heavy eyebags, but this time, you saw something in his eyes. He looked sad, and disappointed. But before you could say anything else, Hyunseung said it was time to go, and dragged you along, to the car.

The next day was a Sunday, and you were lying on your bed, daydreaming. Suddenly, your phone rang. It was a text message. ‘Wanna have lunch together? My treat. The café behind my workplace. Junhyung.’ Without thinking much, you replied, ‘Ok. Meet you there at 1.’

You randomly chose a hoodie and jeans from your cupboard. It was just going out with Junhyung, so it didn’t matter what you were wearing. You put on your sneakers. ‘Dongwoon ah. I’m going out with Junhyung, so you’ll have to eat lunch alone, okay?’ Your mom went on a business trip, so it was just you and Dongwoon at home.

‘And don’t stick your head in that book for a whole day, remember to eat, okay?’ You reminded him again. He was older than you by a few minutes, but you were more like an elder sister. ‘Okaaay~~’ He was absorbed into the book he was reading, and he didn’t even look up. You sighed.

After reaching the café, you chose a corner seat and sat down. Junhyung wasn’t there yet. You ordered coffee, and started thinking about stuff that you needed to do, like wash the clothes when you get home. ‘Hey! Sorry I’m late.’ Junhyung was sweating a little, and he was in his workplace’s uniform.

‘It’s ok, I was early.’ You replied. Somehow, you felt that the both of you were more distant since the party yesterday. Junhyung ordered a can of coke, and vanilla ice cream. You ordered some sandwiches. ‘That’s all you’re having for lunch?’ You looked at him as the ice cream he ordered came.

He smiled. ‘Yeap! I’m not hungry.’ As you looked into his eyes, you could tell he was lying. You smiled a little. ‘You’ve got ice cream on your nose!’ You giggled. Junhyung took a napkin and started to wipe it off, but you took it away from him and helped him to wipe it. You wanted the relationship between the both of you to return to when he would fool around and ask you to wipe it for him.

He let you wipe it off, but he didn’t say anything. As the both of you continued eating, you didn’t notice a girl sitting near your table, staring at you angrily. It was a girl from your school. As you gave Junhyung a bite of your sandwich, the girl clenched her fists.

After you guys finished eating, you suggested to take a walk at the park nearby. You wanted to ask him what was disturbing him, as you could see something different in his eyes. The both of you strolled along the route of the park, and when you were about to ask him, his phone rang. He picked up the phone call while making hand gestures to tell you that he was going somewhere to pick up his phone call.

You made a ‘ok’ sign, and continued walking alone. It was going to winter, and it was about to snow anytime soon. You breathe out with your mouth to see the mist. ‘Oh yeaaah~ I can keep myself entertained, anytime, anywhere!’ You mumbled under your breath and giggled at your own little joke. You ignored the people who passed by you, looking at you like you were a weirdo.

After ‘entertaining’ yourself for a while more, you walked into a tiny lane in the park that was really silent. You liked it there, because it was so peaceful. Suddenly, you heard the sound of footsteps. More than one person’s. Couldn’t be Junhyung, you thought. You turned around.

It was… you didn’t know who she was. But she seemed to know you. She stared at you with fierce eyes. She was wearing all black, and so were the other 3 men standing behind her. ‘D-do I know you?’ You stepped back a little. The girl scoffed. ‘Puhlease. Everyone knows me. I’m the most POPULAR girl in the school, GOO HARA!’ She emphasized on the word popular and her name.

‘Okay… Can I help you?’ You didn’t want to mess with her or anything, so you chose to be polite. She smiled crookedly, and walked towards you like a gangster. The guys at the back followed her. ‘Anyone that messes with my boy, deserves a little punishment!’ She raised her left arm, gesturing for the men behind her to come forward and beat you up.

You shielded your face as the men punched you and slapped you, pushing you to the ground. Hara stood by a side watching, with a smile on her face. ‘Lets see if you still dare to flirt with my guy.’ Your whole body hurt, as you tried to fight back. You tried screaming but no one was around. Just then, you heard a loud shout.

‘What do you think you guys are doing?!’ It was Junhyung. You’ve never seen him so angry before. ‘Jun-junhyung…’ Hara knew him too? She edged closer. But the men stopped beating you, and charged at Junhyung. Before Hara could say anything, the men fought him. Junhyung did boxing before, so he was quite good. He defeated 2 of the men.

The last one was frantic. As Junhyung was about to confront him, the man pulled out a knife from nowhere. To keep himself safe, the man ran towards Junhyung and stabbed him. ‘No!’ You and Hara shouted at the same time. Junhyung fell onto the ground. His uniform was covered with blood. He clutched his wound at his stomach, cursing.

The men pulled Hara along, running away, afraid of the consequences he would have to pay if the police caught him. You were frightened and you didn’t know what to do. You crawled over to Junhyung slowly, because your arms and legs hurt from all the beating.

You tried to stand up, and then you helped Junhyung up. ‘Mmph.’ He made a little noise. You could see he was trying hard not to show the pain, as he didn’t want you to worry. ‘I-I’m fine.’ He strained to give you a small smile. You could tell he was hurting a lot. You were really worried.

You finally helped him out to some place where there were people. Some strangers saw him bleeding badly and called an ambulance. You didn’t notice when, but it started snowing, heavily. The snow turned red as Junhyung’s blood dripped on it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand here comes Hara! She may seem like the bad person here, but trust me, she isn't.

*I might not be updating that often for the next month, since my finals are coming. Boo. 

I'll try my best to update this fanfic though! Maybe i'll have to abandon my other one for a while. ㄱ____ㄱ