Chapter 1: A new beginning

Never a Replacement.

 

You just started your first year at Kimchi High School, along with a bunch of new students. You meant to wake up early in the morning, but you forgot to set your alarm! When you woke up, you didn’t have much time to decorate yourself, so you ran out of the house in jeans and a light blue sweater. You didn’t have time to comb your hair, so it was unruly and messy. But your hair was a light brown color, and the messy combination of your clothings suited it. ‘Great way to start a new day.’ You grumbled as you ran along the roadside.

 

You lived near the school, so you reached there in no time. ‘Phew. Thank god I made it!’ You rushed to your new classroom, only to find that there was hardly anyone in the class. ‘Wh-Is everyone else late too?’ You said out loud, without noticing. The only guy in the class turned around and looked at you, from head to toe, like he was scanning something. Then, he turned away and continued looking out of the window.

 

‘Y-yah!’ You were slightly pissed because he didn’t even say hello to you. You looked at yourself. ‘Maybe I’m a little too messy.’ You thought. You took a seat beside him, and decided to start all over again. ‘Annyeonghaseyo! My name’s ____, nice to meet you. What’s your name?’ You turned around to face him while saying. He tilted his head a little, and replied, ‘Junhyung’ in a dull tone, like he wasn’t interested. Then, he turned back to focus on the view outside the window again.

 

You didn’t know what to say, so you sat still at your place, while secretly looking at Junhyung’s face. He looked quite cool, you thought. But those eyes… they seemed to have something hidden in them. You didn’t know how to describe it. His eyes were cold, dark, and as you look into them, his eyes were as deep as a well, and he always ceased his eyebrows, like he was worried about something. He also had heavy eyebags.

 

Meanwhile, Junhyung was staring outside of the window, thinking about his financial problems. He was tired and he hardly slept last night, but he reached early because he had to move his belongings into the school dorm. He was going to be staying there for the whole term. ‘It’s lucky that this school doesn’t have a time limit of when you need to go back to your dorm. I don’t think they even check if you’re back.’ He thought.

 

‘Oh, look! We have two early birds!’ A cheerful tone came from the door, and you and Junhyung jumped as you were both filled with your thoughts. ‘Oh, I’m sorry. Did I scare you?’ It was a man, wearing formal clothes while holding a bag. He was quite young, and his eyes twinkled as he spoke. You took a liking to that man at once. ‘Let me introduce myself. I’m Teacher Leeteuk, but all of my students call me Teukkie! You can call me that too. I’ll be your form teacher for this year.’ He smiled as he talked. He had dimples on his cheeks, which made him look cuter.

 

Both of you introduced yourself. Then, you suddenly remembered about being late. ‘Teacher, may I know the time now?’ You asked in a polite tone. ‘Why, it’s only 7! Class doesn’t start until 8!’ he answered. ‘M-mwo?!’ It’s only 7? Oh, , you thought. The clock in my room must’ve been wrong. You sighed, as you didn’t get to dress up well for you first day of school. ‘I didn’t even have breakfast!’ You pouted while thinking.

 

After a while, your twin brother, Dongwoon, and his friends since elementary school, Yoseob and Hyunseung walk in. ‘Why didn’t you wait for me?’ Dongwoon pouted and gave you a hurt expression. ‘Sowwieee! I thought I was late!’ You and your aegyo cheered him up. He took a seat at the back of you and started chatting with his friends.

 

A few minutes before 8, the class was filled with new faces that you’ve never seen. It was the first day of class, so you guys just introduced yourselves, made friends and get to know each other more. By the end of the day, you’ve found yourself a good friend, IU. You also made friends with Gikwang and Doojoon, and you got closer with Hyunseung and Yoseob.

 

After school, Dongwoonnie, Hyunseunggie and Yoseobbie wanted to stop by the new café to have some drinks, so Dongwoonnie ordered you to go home early and call him once you’ve reached home. ‘Arasseo, I’m not a kid anymore!’ you grumbled. Even so, you felt warm deep inside, because he cared so much about you.

 

Meanwhile, Junhyung lazily walked out of the class while yawning. It was lunch time already, and he didn’t have anything to eat since yesterday evening. But he had to ignore the hunger, because his pockets were empty and he didn’t receive his salary yet. He decided to find a cool spot in school to take a nap, and hoped that the hunger would go away. As he was thinking about where to have a nap, he bumped into something.

 

He looked down, as he was taller than the person he bumped into. ‘Oh, it’s you.’ He said softly. He observed you a lot, since the start of the class, because you looked like somebody he knew. Someone he loved so much. Someone he lost. You saw his expression, and those deep, sad eyes. You wondered if he was worried about something. ‘Mianhaeyo. I didn’t see you walking by.’ You apologized, even though it wasn’t totally your fault.

 

Junhyung, on the other hand, got nervous as he was looking at you. They look so alike, he thought. Many old memories pushed their way into his brain, and he started to have a headache. He was angry, sad, nervous yet curious at the same time. But suddenly, he just shoved you to the floor and ran away, just as he was running away from those memories.

 

*Thud!* You fell on the floor with a loud sound. Many people turned around to look at you, and you could feel yourself blushing. ‘What was that for?!’ You were angry, but you didn’t dare to scold him, because he looked so angry and worried already. Instead, you looked at your grazed knees and elbows.

 

As you tried to pick yourself up, you saw a guy’s hand in front of you, gesturing you to let him help you up. Without thinking, you put your hand onto his, and let him help you up. As you looked up, you saw a slim, fair and tall guy. He looked like a senior. ‘You okay?’ His voice sounded soft and smooth, and his eyes were filled with worry and care. ‘Yeah, I guess.’ You smiled, trying to ensure him that you were okay.

 

‘Come to my dorm, I’ll help you clean those wounds.’ Before you said anything, he carried you in his arms, and walked towards the school dorm. ‘I can walk myself! This is embarrassing! Yah!’ You shouted, clearly embarrassed because many people were looking at you. ‘Shh. It’s okay.’ The guy gave you a smile, and he continued walking to the dorm.

 

*endofchapter. 

[A/N] Anyone of you have read this before? I posted this last year, but i deleted it after realizing that i ran out of ideas for it :/

Found it again today in one of my files so i decided to repost it and end the story! :)

I know, i'm still a newcomer, but still, comments and subscribers are appreciated! :D