My Only Wish (This Year)

You're My Chocolate [Oneshot Collection for my D&G]
My Only Wish (This Year)
Inspired from Britney Spears Christmas Song

-----------------

[a/n: Wahh I'm on a oneshot mode! It's good knowing I am recovering my Writer's Block Mode! I need that since I do have a lot of ongoing fanfics neh! Hehe and not only that I am already in a Christmas Spirits! Hehe I really love this Christmas Song and got inspired to write this! So please enjoy neh! (^_^) And once again i don't edit much so mistakes are meant to be there! hehe for now I will disappear again! Ppyong!]

-----------------

Dara stared at her finished letter, thinking this is the only way Santa would hear her wish this year. She smiled knowing this was a crazy thing to do, but deep inside she has hope that Santa would her hear her wish. She took the letter and a pink envelope placing it carefully inside. Then after sealing it, she placed a kiss at the middle hoping for her wish to come true.

“Dara, are you ready?” she turned around and saw her friend Bom looking at her excitedly.

“Yea,” Dara grabbed her purse putting the letter in the outside pocket.

“What was that?” Bom asked.

“Oh it’s just a letter,” she answered making Bom curious.

“What letter?” she asked like what Dara had expected.

“It’s a letter period,” Dara teased earning an angry Bom. “Come on, I’ll treat you something at the mall.”

“Really?” her once angry face disappeared earning a laugh from Dara. Food has always been the easy way out from an angry Bom.

Once the two were out the door, Dara glanced at her bag again and found her letter secured. She smiled thinking about Santa waiting for her at the mall.

Most say, it’s only kids that could come up to meet Santa and wish for something for Christmas to him. However, Dara wanted to try going to Santa this year to see if he’ll grant her only wish.

She knew however how big her wish is and probably people will find it childish and all. But the Sandara they dodn't know doesn’t back down to anything.

The two arrived at the busy mall filled with excitement in their system. Dara looked all over the place and felt overwhelmed how beautiful the place has been. The interior of the mall were filled with lights, Christmas trees and other Christmas decors that made the place look extravagant. The spirit of Christmas was indeed around.

“Let’s go there!” Bom pulled Dara to one of the clothing stores. As Bom pulled her hard, her bag fell on the  floor which she quickly pick up without even looking if she did drop something. She didn’t look back realizing one thing had escaped from her bag.

“Miss!” one called, but no use as Dara was already gone. The person curiously looked at the letter wondering what it could be. Then slowly a smile formed in their face seeing who the letter was for. “Santa…”

-

Dara kept glancing at her watch looking at the time she and Bom had spent in the store. She’s been dying to go the middle of the mall and see Santa. But knowing Bom she couldn’t object to what her unnie wanted to do.

“Is there something wrong?” Bom noticed Dara’s worried face.

“Unnie,” Dara sheepishly smiled.

“What?” Bom placed both of her hand on the side of her hips wondering what Dara is up to now.

“Unnie,” Dara hugged Bom’s arm surprising the girl from the sudden skin ship. “Can we go to the middle and meet Santa.”

“What?” her unnie exclaimed quite shocked to hear what Dara wanted to do. “What are you a little kid? You do know that Santa does not exist!”

Both turned hearing a sudden cry behind them.

“Nice unnie,” Dara teased seeing a little girl crying after hearing what Bom had said.

“Eh she’ll know it sooner or later,” Bom ignored the heavy stares she received from parents around them. “Besides Dara you’re too old for that. Why did you want to see Dara all of sudden?”

“You see unnie,” the young gal shyly smiled her hands playing with the end of her blouse. Then Bom notices Dara’s feet which she would lightly brush them on the floor.

“Spill it!” the BOMINATOR was ready to explode since Dara has been pushing it further in suspense.

“I was going to give Santa a letter,” Dara guiltily whispered shocking the oldest girl.

“What’s in the letter?” Bom smiled thinking how crazy her best friend is. But then Dara wouldn't be Dara if she wasn't crazy.

“You know what it would contain,” Dara blushed and Bom’s eyes widen realizing what the letter must have contained.

“Now way,” Bom knew exactly what’s in the letter.

“Yes way unnie!” Dara giggled. “I know this is crazy but I have to.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Bom placed the clothes she had on her hands placing them on the side. She quickly pulled Dara, eager as ever as they head towards the middle circle of the mall. Both girls’ face fell seeing how long the line is.

“You line up,” Bom had the urge to suddenly back out.

“You’re not coming with me?” Dara asked.

“Ummm…” Bom looked at the long line again. “Ahh that’s right! I actually forgot to buy you a present and what do you know perfect timing! I can buy it now while you’re here. Now go before it gets longer.”

“As if unnie,” Dara grimaced knowing what her unnie is up to. “Fine, just buy me something to eat later okay!”

“Call!” Bom pushed the girl lightly to the ends of the line. “Fighting!”

-

After a couple of minutes the closer she has gotten to Santa. Her heart is erratically beating as she’s getting closer to the man that might grant her wish for this year.

And as she got in front of the line, the assistant dressed in an elf customes looked around for a kid that’s with Dara. However the elf failed to see anyone.

“It’s actually me,” Dara hoped to get the awkward air out. "I'm meeting Santa!"

“You want to meet Santa?” the assistant asked. “And how old are you?”

“You can never be too old to meet Santa,” she uttered making the people around her lightly giggle. “And plus I paid to see Santa!”

“Suit yourself,” the elf laughed. Dara glared at the assistant after all the guy was being a jerk. But seeing Santa waiting for her made her at ease again. She slowly walked towards Santa while her hand looked for the letter in her bag. Then suddenly feeling the absence of her letter made her panic.

“Where’s my letter?” she lowly muttered.

“Are you okay?” the old man asked seeing Dara panicking.

“Umm…” Dara looked inside her purse and didn’t see her letter at all. “OH NO!”

“Is something wrong?” Santa asked again.

“You see,” Dara looked at her bag again for the last time. “I had written a letter to you and apparently I lost it.”

“How about you come here and tell what was inside that letter,” Santa chuckled reminding Dara about her grandfather. “Come on don’t be shy, you’re still young child.”

Dara looked around and sure many had smiles on their faces thinking this girl must be crazy. But swallowing her pride she did what Santa had asked her to do. She shyly sat on the old man’s lap earning a light groan from the old man.

“Sorry Santa’s knees are getting weak,” the old man joked earning a faint smile from Dara. “Now what did the letter say?”

“Well…” Dara blushed remembering what exactly it contained.

“Don’t be shy…?” Santa forgot to as for her name.

“Dara,” she smiled. “I actually wrote to you and ask if you grant my only wish this year.”

“And that is?” he asked curious as ever even though Santa could see it on her face what it might have been.

“I wanted someone special this year,” she lowly uttered hoping it's only Santa that heard it. “A boyfriend Santa.”

“Ahh a boyfriend,” Santa laughed making her cheeks even redder than it already were. “Well, I’ll sure think about it. Have you been a good girl?”

“Of course!” Dara happily nodded. “I’ve been a very good girl. I did volunteers, done chores at home, did well in school, studied hard of course and been nice to all my family, friends and even enemies.”

“Well that’s good to hear,” he laughed his white beard lightly bounces. “Now how would you like your present?”

“Well at the Christmas Hollidazzle tonight,” Dara explained remembering the perfect scenery she wants to happen. “I want him to see him with a big red bow wrapped around him. Then the lights would flickered all at once and it’ll just be us two in the middle of the big tree. Then Christmas song would play all of sudden.”

“Well you sure had this planned,” the old man teased making Dara nodded.

“Even in the simplest form Santa,” Dara smiled at the old man. “It’ll be my happiness for this year and so on.”

“Well young lady,” Santa looked at her happily. “I’ll look into it. And I’ll see what the old man can do. But let me tell you something, when it comes to love, there’s a perfect timing for everything.”

“So it’s a no?” Dara pouted thinking Santa had turned her wish down.

“Now, I didn’t say no,” the man chuckled. “I just said I’ll look into it. But keep an open mind okay? Especially with such grand wish you have.”

“Neh!” Dara chirped. “Thank you Santa!”

“You are very welcome my child,” Santa smiled back. “Now have a Merry Christmas.”

“Will do!” she surprised the old man with a hug. “Thank you Santa for listening! And have a Merry Christmas as well!”

Once she left the mall, the old man’s words kept replaying in her head. Even though it has a meaning behind it, she was still hopeful. Maybe her letter was lost for a good reason.

“Are you ready for tonight?” Bom asked as they headed back home.

“I am unnie!” Dara tightly hugged her bag.

“Did it go alright?” Bom noticed her friend’s upbeat mood.

“It did!” Dara giggled remembering everything. “And I am indeed looking forward for tonight!”

“Whatever!” her unnie laughed seeing how happy and crazy her friend looks right now.

-------------------------

Dara tightly wrapped her redcoat around her as the winter breeze passes by. Even though the night was cold, it didn’t stop her to feel the sudden warmth this holiday season has brought. 

“Here let me fix your hat,” Bom gently pushed Dara’s hat down and her fingers gently runs through Dara’s dark, long tresses. “You look prepared for tonight.”

“Of course,” Dara giggled fixing the creases of her red knee lenght dress. And to match with her dress she wore her black knee high heel boots. “You just never know when he’ll come.”

“Aigoo~” her unnie shook her head seeing how persistent her best friend is. “That’s right I’ll find my cousin first. Are you okay alone?”

“Yea I’ll be fine,” Dara smiled. “Let’s just meet in the middle near the big Christmas tree once you find your cousin.”

“Sounds good!” Bom gave Dara a quick hug. “Later!”

Once her friend left, Dara looked around and smiled brightly seeing how gorgeous the place is. Every where she looked lights after light and decors after decors could be seen. The various colors and effect sure brought the Christmas presence higher. The smell of fresh cut pine trees spread so heavenly around the place.

“I love Christmas!” Dara happily whispered looking at the magnificent place.

She looked around the area and frowned upon seeing couples after couples holding hands. Some were in a tight embrace sharing their warmth to one another in this cold night. Her hopes fell seeing couples even deep in their kiss.

“When will it be my turn?” Dara hopelessly sighed. But then remembering her meeting with Santa brought her spirits up. “That’s right Dara, Christmas season had just started. And there’s still a chance. Right?”

She decided to walk around looking at the beautiful decors taking pictures of endless beauty of the festivities had. A few minutes after her sightseeing, she decided to head to the biggest tree to wait for the lighting of the tree and the fireworks to come.

And as she arrived her eyebrows connected together seeing how empty the place is. She roamed her eyes around seeing the place looking deserted.

“What’s going on?” she asked herself then she glanced at her watch and found that the lighting and fireworks are in a few minutes.

Dara walked further into the area looking at the unlit tree wondering why no one was here. She then jumped a bit from her spot as soft Christmas music came to the background.

Then lights around  the are slowly came on one at a time like what she had told Santa. A few seconds after the tree’s bottom part lights came on as it slowly lit the whole tree up showing the colors and decorations it has. Dara smiled seeing such beautiful piece.

“Wahh…” Dara looked up and saw how the star flickered continuously making the tree complete. Then she looked around as the rest of the lights went on completing the whole scene like she had imagined.

“Although one more thing is missing,” Dara mumbled out loud.

“Me,” she turned around and found him standing there with a big red bow wrapped around his chest. “I’m here Dara.”

“Did Santa send you here?” Dara teased but deep down she's really happy.

“Apparently he gave me this,” he held her letter up. “He said I’m the chosen one.”

“I waited long for you,” she sadly whispered remembering their sudden separation.

“I know,” he walked closer to her. “And I did too… I waited for this moment to come. And now that I am here, i won't let this chance go.”

“How did you…” Dara was about to ask about the letter but he pressed his finger lightly on her lips silencing her from questioning him.

“Does it matter how I got this?” he lifted the letter. “I’m happy Dara I have your letter.”

“Ji,” Dara called his name remembering how much he misses him. “You didn’t tell me you’re coming back.”

“If I did tell you then I wouldn’t be able to do this,” Jiyong looked deeply into her eyes.

“What?” she wondered.

“I wouldn’t be able to ask you this,” his hand gently cups the right side of her cheeks. “Ms. Park, I’ve waited for this day to come. Where I would tell you what I have been feeling all this time. Since high school, I have always wanted to ask you this, but I’d always end up being scared.”

“Ask what? And why were you scared?” Dara felt her heart beat frantically hearing this. She must admit Jiyong is someone that she had wanted to be with ever since they first clashed to each other in middle school.

“I was chickened to ask you out on a date,” Jiyong admitted. “I was scared that you would reject me and I didn’t want to mess our friendship up that’s why I've kept my feelings for you.”

“But Dara,” he went on. “The moment I decided to move away, was also the day I regretted it since I realized how hard it was to be far from you. I decided to find myself first and see how worthy I am to be with you.”

“What did you find out about yourself?” she pouted since after their separation her life has been different and she didn’t like the changes one bit.

“I found out that I’m only happy when I am next to you,” he explained making Dara blush. “That there’s nothing more I need in my life than you. How much I love your beautiful face and your beautiful personality in the inside. How much I needed you to be by my side since you’re the only one who truly understands me.”

“That my life is not complete,” Jiyong looked at her longingly. “When I’m not with you… Dara, I want you to be more than just my best friend. I want you more than that.”

“Then what is more than just a friend do you want?” Dara teased making Jiyong smiled widely.

“I want you to be my girlfriend,” he softly uttered the words making Dara’s heart flutter in delight. “I want you not just to be my girlfriend, but my partner in crimes and best friend. I want you to be the everything in my life.”

Dara’s inside turned hearing such sweet words coming from Jiyong. And her heart beating happily hearing the words she has long to hear. Then having Jiyong to say them made it even extra special and memorable. 

"So what do you say, Ms. Sandara Park." Jiyong fully cupped her face this time. "Would you grant my wish this year?"

"What was your wish?" Dara whispered looking deeply through his dark orbs.

"My wish this year," he leaned his face closer towards her lightly brushing his nose onto hers. Dara let a soft smile finally feeling what they say girls feel when they're in love. "My wish this year, is to ask a girl name Sandara Park to be my girlfriend."

"So what do you say?" his hands left her cheeks and wrapping them around her waist pulling her closer to him. She lightly jumped feeling giddy being closer to him and remembering the couples earlier made her more than happier. "Please Dara, be my girlfriend and like you, that's my only wish this year."

"I've waited for this day to come," Dara looked lovingly into his eyes. "I've waited for a guy to grab me and sweep me off my feet. And tell me those sweet words. I might not have named a particular guy in my letter, but deep down I know I wanted it to be you."

"I miss you Jiyongie," Dara smiled after realizing her wish had just come true. "And I'll regret if I ever rejected you because there's no reason for me to reject you."

"When all this time, it's you that I have been waiting for," her eyes moistened feeling happy and overwhelmed. "Yes, Jiyong I'd love to be your girlfriend."

"Good," Jiyong pulled her even closer to him his nose brushing on hers again and their eyes deeply connected. "Even if you reject me, I will not give up. I will continue to court you until you say those sweet words."

"I guess I give in too easily?" she teased. 

"You're still the same Darong I first met," Jiyong slowly angled his face. "I'm glad you didn't reject me because I am eager to be with you. Thank you Dara."

"No, thank you," Dara felt her heart beat rise and her stomach fluttering as butterflies fly everywhere. 

"Dara-ya," he looked lovingly in her eyes. "I love you." And before Dara could speak, he crashed his lips on hers kissing her slow and passionately. Dara's arms slowly wrapped around Jiyong's neck pulling him closer to hers as their kiss grew deeper and hot. 

Then out of the blue the fireworks started bringing the once dark sky beautiful colors. People slowly came out surrounding the big Christmas tree enjoying the wonderful night. 

The two were left untouched enjoying their moment together. 

"Yah!" Dara giggled as Jiyong lifted her up twirling her around the area. The fireworks kept on going and the crowd all started cheering at one of the memorable night they had shared with family, friends and strangers. 

Once Jiyong placed Dara down, Dara cupped Jiyong's face this time, "To answer that," she pecked his lips first. "I love you too, since middle school. I've love you each day. I'm glad you're my boyfriend now."

"I know you would," he teased.

"Conceited," Dara spat jokingly. 

"I love you Darong," Jiyong brushed Dara's flushed cheeks.

"I love you too, Jyongie," Dara wrapped her arms around him and at the same time Jiyong tightly embraced the girl sharing each other's warmth. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," he whispered planting a soft kiss on the side of her face.

The two stood up along with the crowd watching the fireworks light the dark cold sky. Both had a huge smile on their faces feeling complete. That finally their time has come where they'll spend each day together, throug thick and thin. 

Thank you Santa, Dara remembered her encounter with Santa. Thank you Santa, Merry Christmas! 

She looked up and smiled seeing that Jiyong is really by her side. He then looked down returning the same smile Dara had. 

"I love you," Jiyong sincerely murmured.

"I love you too," Dara bit her lips preventing from squealing from happiness. 

Jiyong pulled her closer and tighter as they enjoy their first Christmas together but this time as more than friends.

But as

Girlfriend and Boyfriend. 

"The best Christmas!" Dara muttered making Jiyong smile. "The best ever!" She tightly hugged Jiyong testing if all this was real and feeling him beside her she knew her wish was granted. Christmas wish do come true!

The End!

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I'm on my oneshot roll neh! How is this? Is it sweet enough? Aigoo! Thanks everyone for reading Breaking News! Hehe I wish for that to happen too! hehehe

I love this song and thought about making it into a oneshot! Hope you all like it. I feel Christmas coming..... Can you? Aigooo~~~ Speaking of this song, I think i should go to Santa and asked for a boyfriend this year. Hahaa Krungy me indeed neh! hehehe

Anyway, thank you all for reading! I hope you all enjoy this upcoming holidays neh! Thank you all for reading and commenting! Hope to see you all in the next oneshot.

But for now I shall disappear! Ppyong!

Oh if you want to tweet me maybe, just do so! i don't bite neh! Remember it's @SeungsKa2X

Now I am off!

Ppyong!

(^__^)/