행쇼! [Happiness]

You're My Chocolate [Oneshot Collection for my D&G]

Short Story:

행쇼! [Happiness!] 

[a/n: This is part of what I have been doing during my MIA here at AFF. It's part of my Prose Portfolio for my Creative Writing Class and since it's DaraGon I decided to post my final piece here! Let me know how this is! It's for literacy purposes for me lol... Literacy? What? Hahaha I hate writing like this, with rules you know, but enjoy! (^__^)v]

The park looked dead as the season of fall has finally arrived. The trees looked darker than before and lifeless as pale yellow and brown leaves fell timidly on the ground. The wind blew rather hastily bringing forth the feeling of the cold season.

Standing nearby, was a girl holding onto the collars of her red, wool coat trying to prevent the cold air from coming inside her already numb body. Her pale hands shivered as the wind grew stronger and her hair thrashed to the side covering her angelic face. Her pale, pink lips formed into a petite smile seeing the person she has been waiting for after a couple of months of not seeing each other.

“Hi,” she let’s go of her coat hoping to catch his hands for some warmth she had truly missed.

“Hey,” he greeted quite blandly. He is somewhat tall, lean not too skinny and his black wool jacket covered him perfectly from the cold fall. His hair neatly styled making him look extra handsome. His profession as an aspiring musician can be seen in his aura. “Have you waited too long Dara?”

“Hmm…” she purses her lips together thinking of an answer. If her boyfriend knew she did wait long the guy would be mad at her as he’s always been protective of her. “No, I just got here.”

“Dara,” he eyed her making the girl blush deeper red being caught red handed once again.

“Yea I have GD,” she pouted making the guy sigh deeply.

“Let’s go,” he took her hand hastily giving her no time to react. “We have something important to talk about.”

Dara shivered hearing him cold. She knew well that he doesn’t like it when she lies, but for today, she knew something was up. GD being not himself made her nervous and slowly her heart beat grew faster, anticipating whatever will happen on their date.

Once the two arrived at the café they first met, Dara couldn’t help but reminisce the good old times they had here. The place hasn’t change since five years ago as it still gives that warm, cozy atmosphere she barely found in any other cafés. The scent of the coffee would always bring her taste buds the anticipation of drinking her favorite espresso.

Momentarily their orders of two espressos along with their favorite dessert tiramisu have arrived. Both still hasn’t spoken since they arrived at the café and ordered. His fingers gently caressed the top of his mug trying to form the words he wanted to tell her. His heart beating erratically while his palms and back sweat feeling anxious all of sudden.

“Is something wrong?” Dara’s voice came out rather raspy as she felt something different about him.

“Dara…” he started, but he choked at his own saliva feeling troubled. He doesn’t know where to even begin.

Dara felt a sudden cool breeze and looked up into his eyes hoping to read what he was thinking about. But regretting looking at him, she felt something bad was about to come. Her hands grasped tightly onto her hot mug hoping to emit some warmth from her drink to her body from the sudden cold. She could feel the corners of her eyes moisten feeling the sudden pierce in her heart.

The room that was once loud that was filled with warmth and laughter had become cold and dead. She looked around and at him and at that moment she felt as if they were the only one in the room. The rest of her surroundings became a blur and his presence is the only thing she could clearly see.

“Dara…” he called her again and on time, her surroundings came back bringing the laughter, warmth and the people around her again. But her tear slowly trickled down on her face feeling as if this is the end.

“Don’t…” she whispered looking sadly into his eyes. “Let me speak first.” And when she didn’t get anything from him, she gathered all her courage and taking a deep breath she spoke solemnly. “You don’t have to tell me GD. I knew it all along and if letting you go makes you happy then I will.”

“Da…” he wasn’t able to complete his calling as the girl cuts him from talking.

“You don’t have to be sorry GD,” she gently wiped her fallen tears from her cheeks. “But before we separate, I made you these, It was our anniversary last week. I knew you were busy so I didn’t bother to call you and waited for this day instead.”

“I’m sorry,” GD felt a prick in his heart since he forgot about it. He opened the small, decorated box and there he found a bracelet she made with a guitar charm at one end. He tightly held on it feeling the cold metal against his warm hand. “Thank you.”

“Yea,” Dara gathered her stuff preparing to leave. “I have to go. Goodbye GD.”

She got up from her seat quickly hoping not to let him see her cry. All she wanted to do is leave and feel miserable away from the man she loved for more than five years.

Before she could walk away, his hand quickly flew on her arm holding onto it tightly making her stop from running. Her face stilled but her tears fell slowly on her flushed face. “I’m sorry,” he muttered looking at her with full of regrets. He doesn’t like to see her cry yet today he made her cry like this. “I’m sorry I forgot our anniversary.”

“Oh,” Dara’s heart beat frantically feeling the sudden surge of adrenaline from his words.

“I was just…” he lets go of her arm as he digs inside his jacket. “I…” GD stuttered as he felt the lost of words. He has been practicing his speech for weeks now but as the day had arrived his brain came out scattered not knowing where to even start. “I don’t know how to say this,” he looked at her anxiously yet his eyes filled with love. “But I never meant to sound and look numb today. I’m actually nervous that’s why I’m like this. And that’s because…”

“Because…” Dara uttered not getting anything from him after. Her body tensed and her heart would not stop beating so fast.

“Because,” he let his genuine smile earning a faint smile from the girl. “Dara, I’m nervous because I have something to tell you.”

“And that is?” she’s now more eager to know what’s bugging him. She tried looking at him in the eyes, but he would look away feeling scared. He’s been debating whether to do this or not, but coming to a point where he realized she’s the one. He didn’t think twice any more. It has always been her and he was sure about his decision.

“I got the job in California,” he started to explain. “And I took the offer and I quickly called to meet you because of this job offer and one more thing.”

“What?” she’s growing rather annoyed at his delays.

“Dara,” he slowly kneeled down on one knee catching everyone’s attention in the café. And out of nowhere he produced a small, black velvet box making her gasp all of sudden.  “I’m not really the most romantic guy, as you can tell. But I wanted to meet you today because of my news and to ask you this one question. Will you marry me?”

Her eyes were quickly filled with tears again hearing him propose. Everything around her became hazy and the noises died down once again as she sinks in what he just asked.

“So will you?” he looked up to her with full of hope bringing her back to reality. Her voice unable to cooperate and so she just nodded making the guy smile widely. “Yes?” he asked again and got the same nod but this time with a huge smile painted across her lips. GD quickly took the ring out of the box and slipped it in her shaky ring finger. Both admired the beautiful small yet bright diamond engagement ring that fits perfectly on her finger. “Thank you,” he stood up fast and his hands cupping her wet cheeks. “I love you,” he whispered ignoring the cheers from the crowd.

Without letting her speak, he gently pulled her closer to him planting his lips gently on hers. Dara’s hands wrapped tightly around his waist letting their moment sink in. And her once worried heart is now rejoicing realizing her doubts was nothing.

“I love you too,” she softly uttered looking into his eyes lovingly. “I can’t wait to be with you forever.”

“Me too,” he gazed into her eyes longingly. The crowd burst into another round of cheer clapping their hands loudly and screaming in full glee.

She let out a sudden shriek as she was being lifted from the ground and twirling her playfully around along the crowd’s cheers. Both are enjoying the reactions from the show that they just gave to the customers in their favorite café. The café they have first met each other.

----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So that's my Short Story I turned in with my portfolio! How was it? Is it detailed enough? In terms of emotions, setting and characters? I hate writing like this and believe it or not, this is three pages on word! I'm bothered about it since I love to write long... As in pass 3000+ words this was I believe 1000+ so not too much! Really a oneshot material.

Please Add this in my Dara's pre-oneshot Birthday Gift! I'll be back with another oneshot regarding her upcoming birthday! Ha?! Yes? No? lol But for now, this is for Tabi! Happy Birthday Top! And since he's here in the US, i'm just on time! Happy Birthday to ChoomTOP, BinguTOP, AlienTOP!

Anywho I shall go go go! I am done with my midterm and I will update soon! Really soon! I miss AFF already! HUHUHU so I shall return!

Thank you all for reading my short story! I hope to get a good grade on my portfolio! Wish me good luck! kekeke Thank you again! And I will be back! (^__^)

LotsaLove,

@SeungsKa2x <-------- You know this right? Yes? No? hehehe (^__~) Who will be my 100th follower? Hmmm? Anyone? lol

 

P.S.

Regarding this title 행쇼! I didn't use this title on my portfolio, just Happiness lol. But do you guys know where Haengsyo or this 행쇼! came from? If you've been following Jiyong on twitter, you'll know! Right? And if you're an Appler you'll know! Right? So let's all be happy! Happiness!