Surprised (How Surprising)

You're My Chocolate [Oneshot Collection for my D&G]
Surprised (How Surprising)
 
Inspired from: Navi’s song
For added feel, play the song on youtube!
 
♥♥♥♥
 
♥♥♥♥

-------------------------------------------

[a/n: As a CHEESY author that I am, here I am with another oneshot. Hehe I'm glad my brain is producing something since I have writer's block right now. More and more ideas the more my brain will work right? hehehe (^^) And a part of this story has relation to me! ^^ you figure which one! Enjoy neh?! Again mistakes are not intended. They're there for a reason! (^__~) Also take note this writing is weird lol so bare/bear with it neh?!]

-------------------------------------------

I don’t know what it is, I don’t know what this is I’m feeling. Whenever you pop up in my head, I just can’t help but smile and then slowly I would laugh remembering your face. And as I thought about the times we have spent together, I can’t help but feel Surprised how much we have gotten closer to each other.

Like what people say, you’re the peanut butter and I’m the jelly. Or one can’t wear socks with the other pair missing. And if you find a different pair, it won’t be the same. Without each other, it can never work.

Do you hear me? Do you eve understand me?

We might have bickered a lot, but I know deep down there is something more.

After all…

You never fail to Surprise me.

--------

My name is Sandara Park and I might be the unluckiest girl in this world. I should really be crying over how my boyfriend of two years had broken up with me. I should be doing what girls would do on times like this, I should be weeping in some corner blaming myself for my stupidity or yet what I lack in myself, but it never occurred to me what pain was.

Although I can’t deny the prick in my heart, like it was so sudden.

Don’t you wish that there would be some kind of a signal to tell you that you are about to get hurt before the actual breakup?

My friends say, I have issues with guys. I would date them, be in a relationship but a year or two passes by and they would walk out on me. It’s not that I didn’t care, but there are just some things I am looking for.

Maybe I shouldn’t be the heartbroken one, it’s them. That’s right I broke their poor hearts. I'm the heartbreaker!

However like all relationship that passes by in my life, it doesn’t mean I didn’t get hurt.

To tell you the truth I did, I remember back in my middle school years. I met this boy and fell in love with him. Or at least that’s what it felt like to me. But you know when you were just in middle school things like that were only known as crushes. However in the eye of an immature child like me, it was defined as love.

I met this guy and I felt as if he’s the one.

People told me, you think so wise and so fast. But do you even know what you are talking about?

But what they don’t know is; I didn’t know what I was feeling at all. And that they were right. I didn't anything about love.

Or

Worst what I was really feeling. Was it love? Or was it really just a crush?

I thought my world ended when I got my first rejection. I started to fear boys; maybe those were the reasons why my relationship throughout high school and college years didn’t go so well.

I was afraid to go deeper within what my heart wanted to feel. That in the end, I have kept it locked inside me suffocating myself and the guy I guess.

First love?

Was my experience back during middle school, a real first love? Probably not, maybe it was just a mere puppy love right?

But no matter how far I looked back, I only end up crying knowing I thought he was the one. Crazy me neh? But that’s how I looked at him. I looked at him as if he was my soul mate.

------

But recently, I just met him after who knows how many years had gone by and this meet sure shattered my heart more into pieces.

We were okay, like what he said. He wanted to be friends. And so I my pained pride and did what I was told. I met him and this is where he told me that he is getting married.

Good thing I was good at being poker face or hiding my feelings or else, I would have exploded into tears right in front of him. But no, I kept my pride and hurt feelings inside me burying the sudden knife in my heart deeper.

After meeting him, I went home and what do you know the rain decided to follow me. It’s as if the rain was with me on what had happened.

And little did I know my tears started to fall. Ironically, it also started to rain.

I walked to wherever my feet and energy wanted to take me. I shed all the tears I could shed.

In hope that….

I can release my pained heart for more than ten years.

No wonder I’ve been kept in the dark.

I was afraid to love again knowing my first experience was nothing but a big rejection.

Rejection… I was afraid of rejection.

------

But here’s what I learned.

In every rain there’s a rainbow at the end.

And that in every darkness, there’s a light.

And in every pain, there is some kind of happiness in return.

If you just believe in yourself that you can be happy again and have the ability to free yourself again. Then love wouldn’t be scary. I wouldn’t be scared to let my heart beat again.

And indeed one person did that to me. And to my surprise it was the last person I thought would change that.

That day, when I was I crying in the rain, he came to my side and shared his umbrella. He didn’t even think twice in putting his jacket on me knowing I was shivering from the cold rain.

And most of all, he didn’t even think twice of putting his arms around my shoulders to warm my numb, cold body as he took me by his arms and hugged me tightly.

He listened to my cries. He eased my pained heart.

And most of all…

He lit the darkness that I was in. He was the light that I was looking for.

Kwon Jiyong

He has it all.

He has what I needed in the time I needed someone to comfort me.

He was there when I needed him.

He Surprised me by letting me know, that he’s right there when I need him.

“I’m here,” I remembered his soothing voice echoing inside my pained mind. “I’m here for you, always.”

He brushed my tears aside.

He swept my face just to see my flushed face.

He wiped my cheeks and runny nose with his soft hands.

And most of all he showed me his caring eyes that I failed to look at all these years he was with me.

My own best friend was the solution to all of my heartaches.

How blind can I be?

Here he was right in front of me.

Yet I failed to notice that.

But no matter how careless, blind or stupid I was he was there.

We bickered a lot, laughed and talked, but never did I look at him until that day.

------

Then little did I know,

We got closer and closer.

My heart started beating again,

As if it wanted to escape my chest.

I longed to be with him.

I wanted to hold him as long as I can.

I wanted to be with him.

To the point I figured what I really feel.

I love him.

I love Kwon Jiyong.

I love my best friend.

I love him.

And there’s nothing more to it.

I want to be with him everyday.

I want to hold his hand every time we’re together.

I want to explore the world with him.

I want him to be my future,

And nothing more.

For me,

He surprised me.

He was the only one I needed.

He was the only one I love.

------------

“What’s so funny?” I looked up as I stopped writing on my journal. “And what are you writing there? Is it about me? Huh? If I know you're writing some hate there. Or better yet you're confessing that you like me there.”

“Ahhh… nothing,” I quickly closed my notebook trying to hide the smile that’s trying to form in my lips. He still doesn’t know what I truly feel. I admit I’m scared and all I know right now is. I want to treasure every moment we have together even if I have to keep what I feel for him in the inside.

I want to treasure all the things we do together. The smile he had shown me and the happiness he had brought to me. I’ll take it slow. I won’t rush; I’ll just treasure whatever we have right now and to the rest of our lives together.

Since to me, this is what’s important.

Him beside me, sharing memories. And whatever it is I am feeling, I’ll let it out without telling him knowing he might already knows what I am feeling for him right now.

“Lemme see!” he wrapped his arms around me trying to grab my notebook.

“Yah!” I giggled and the sudden butterflies formed in my stomach all giddy to what's happening right now. “NO!”

“Come on Dara!” Jiyong laughed as he tries to grab my notebook.

“YAH Jiyong!” I let out my laughs that I don't let anyone hear beside Jiyong. “Yah!!” I panicked as he caught my notebook.

Then he released me running through the green meadow filled with bright yellow daisies.

I got up from the blanket we had on the green flat grass, running after him and boy was he fast.

“JIYONG!” I yelled as I ran barefoot. The feeling of the cool grass in the warm spring which happens to be our favorite season.

“YAH! Kwon Jiyong!” I tried not to laugh remembering my life is at stake.

I ran deeper into the tall grasses letting the wind blow my long tresses and the ends of my dress. He stopped right in the middle reading the last page I was writing on. I paused seeing his sudden blank face. I felt myself shiver in the sudden cold like what happened years ago.

I gulped my forming saliva wondering what he was thinking. I’m caught. I know I am and basing on the look on his face, it is not good.

My eyes, it never left his stiff position. The wind had become lighter and the sun brightened. Then slowly his eyes looked up at me. My heart, it’s beating frantically as if I’m in the hot seat all over again.

Will he reject me? Will he say ‘let’s just be friends’? At that moment I felt so scared as if I’m at the edge of a cliff. One move and I can free fall until I hit the hard ground.

“You love me?” I heard him say even though we were a few meters away. My voice, it suddenly cracked and decided to ditch me in a time I needed it.

Then he walked towards me with my notebook still on the same page. His eyes searching for mine.

“Dara,” I didn’t even realized he was only inches away from me. “Do you love me?”

I was about to bow down to hide my fear, when his fingers touched my chin lifting my face gently up. And there our eyes connected. “I need to know Dara,” he looked scared and this scared me. Is it the end? “I need to know, because I feel the same way.”

“Neh?” I felt myself talk all of sudden hearing him say such thing. It somewhat confused me at that moment. Same way as in scared or he too loves me?

“I like you Dara,” his words struck me deep letting my once locked heart free. “No, I just don’t like you. I love you. I’ve wanted to tell you this, but I was scared. I was scared that you don’t feel the same way about me. And I didn’t want to…”

I placed my finger on his lips silencing him as a smile slowly formed in my once tight lips. He too smiled seeing me smile.

“We were both scared,” I uttered letting myself go. This is the love I’m looking for. And I finally found it in you. “But whatever it said on my journal, believe it.”

“I want to hear it from you,” Jiyong had let go of my journal letting the pages fly from the endless meadows as if it's freeing my past and in the present and future comes. But I didn’t bother to catch them after all they were all in the past. And what I have in front of me is my present and future. “I want to know it, personally from you.”

“Jiyong,” I wrapped my arms around him. “The moment you saved me from the rain, that’s when I felt it. I’m sorry for being blind. I only realized that you were there for me in times I needed you yet I failed to see you deeply. And I got scared if I confess to you.”

“Thank you,” he murmured.

“For?” my eyes moistened and little did I know tears of joy trickled down eyes soothing my once cold cheeks.

“For not confessing to me,” he smiled while his thumbs gently wipe my tears. “Because that’s a guy’s job and I’m glad you’ve given me this chance.”

“Dara,” he inched his face closer to mine. “Let’s give each other a chance. Let’s give each other a chance to love one another. Let’s walk the same path this time. Let me hold your hands when you need someone to guide you. Let me hug you when you need warmth and let me brush your tears whenever you cry. Let me be your protector this time, not just as best friend, but as your partner in life.”

“Let me kiss those pains away,” he softly smiled. “Let me eased your once pained heart. Let me be the love you are looking for because I guarantee you Dara, I have loved you the moment you walked in my life. Let me shower you with the happiness we’ve been sharing and you deserve. Let’s create memories together with lots of love and happiness.”

“Please let me be your boyfriend,” he lastly said making me blush a deeper red. “Let me be your light since you have light my way. I want to be with you Dara until death do us part. Will you let me do that Ms. Park?”

“Do I even need to say it?” I teased and he just gave me a nod. “Thank you Jiyong. You don’t know how much you changed my life. And I was scared, but now that I know what you feel I am no longer scared.”

“And to answer your question,” I cupped his face looking deeply and lovingly into his eyes. “Yes, I’d love to be your girlfriend.”

His once tight lipped smile turned in a huge grin making my heart flutter seeing how happy he is hearing my answer. And this assured me that nothing bad is going to happen.

“I love you,” he whispered as his nose touches mine.

“I love you too,” I whispered back hugging him tightly this time assuring myself that he truly exists. “Since that day.”

And like the fairy tales I have read, ours ended the same way.

He soothes my cheeks, pushing some of my stray hair aside and looked at me longingly and lovingly. His eyes it tells it all and I saw how much he loves me. And that assured me that I don’t need to be scared.

And like my happy endings he kissed me slow and passionate. Our surroundings turned brighter, butterflies suddenly flew around us while birds chirped happily. The wind mellowed down and the flowers blossomed.

Kwon Jiyong, he sure Surprised me.

His love that has surely Surprised me.

How Surprising that the love I am looking for is just right in front of me.

The End

--------------------♥♥♥--------------------

Author's Note:

And that ends my cheesy mode! Or not! hahaha I am happy! Are you? Aigoo i  don't know why I am like this so forgive me! And for all my pending ongoing fics it will be updated ASAP! Let me take it slow since I still have writer's block. It but that's what happens when you stress yourself too much. And having them all thrown at you at the same time ends up blocking what i really want my stories to be. Gets me? lol I hope you'll be more patient since it's not easy to have writer's block. I have things planned, its just writing it down is hard. Anyway enough excuses from me neh!

I hope you all enjoy this piece. A part of this actually happened in my life. I won't say which part but you can guess. I won't answer though lol. And do enjoy the song! It's a good song! It makes me feel happy and giddy! Promise and Navi has soothing voice!

Thank you all for reading! To those who have read, Breaking News and My Only Wish, thank you! And thank you now! hahaha and commenters thank you. Silent readers thank you! Hengsho everyone neh~~~! 

Spread the love and happiness

Love,
♥♥♥♥
SeungsKa!
@SeungsKa2X kekekeke