It's The Day

You're My Chocolate [Oneshot Collection for my D&G]

It's The Day

---

[a/n: Something small I decided to whip up right away! Enjoy! ^_~ lol]

---

The day had finally arrived. What most girls are nervous about, yet happiness mainly filled the rest of their insides. The big church, beautiful gown and the groom who is waiting for them at the altar. It is one of the biggest event in a girl's life. Something that you can't just forget. It's one of the event that would eventually marked your calendar.

And the sign that a new life is bound to start, but this time the girl is not alone. She'll be with someone else to share the rest of her life with. Promising God and the closest people to them that they will live life happily ever after filled lots of love. Even through the hard times and mainly for the good times.

The mix feelings of happiness, excitement and nevousness bounds together for a day like this. But in the end, what counts the most is what the new life will offer taking the fear and anxiety away. It's what happens at the end of big day.

Don't forget, the goodness right after it. Going to a different place for a romantic honeymoon. Let me tell you, that's probably the best part about getting married.

Yes, you have a ring on your hand finally, but like the say save the best for last.

I will feel all of this after all, since It's The Day.

-

I can feel the butterflies in my stomach as the day started. It's only 6 am in the morning yet here I am already up hoping everything would be okay. I had ran everything with the staff last night about the preparation from the church to the reception. If not twice at least three times that night.

Right now they all probably think I'm a monster as I am up early making sure everything would go well again. I can't have this day ruined after all. 

I need everything to be in the right places and on time. There was no room for any mistakes or mishaps. Everything needed to be perfect.

"Dara would you calm down!" I quickly turned my head hearing my friend's voice.

"I can't unnie," I told her. "I mean it's the big day!"

"Yea, but relax would you!" Bom looked around and smiled. "Everything is perfect. You've done a wonderful job!"

"I just..." I looked around and indeed she was right. But a part of me was still anxious as if nothing is going right. "I don't know."

"Just go back to your room and meditate for a couple of minutes," she insisted. "I'll handle everything here."

I just nodded and followed her order and once I was back in my room. I quickly scanned it and smiled seeing the perfect dress. The dress I had visioned myself to be in one day. And seeing it sparkling white made with the most expensive material made me happy. I can even look at it all day, if time would allow me to. 

I didn't even realize I was doing that already. The whole meditation in my head quickly slipped away and here I was admiring at how beautiful this dress is. The details the dressmaker had on each sewn pearls. The soft silk that is covered by laces. The veil that comes with it, just made in perfect lenght.

"It's beautiful huh?" I looked back and found Chaerin, the girl who'll be doing hair and makeup.

"It is," I smiled as my eyes were back on the dress.

"Unnie, why don't you..." I raised my hand to stop her.

"Let's not talk about it," I whispered. "I'll head for a shower and you can do my hair and makeup first."

"Sure," Chaerin gave me one of her timid smile, but I had to ignore it.

I can't let this day be ruined. Not that it would be.

-

Once Chaerin was done with my hair and makeup, I quickly got dress on one of my few dresses I brought with me. It's not time to wear the main dress yet after all here I am being the monster that I am as I check everything for the last time. I needed to make sure the church was ready and so are the rest that needed my attention.

And as I made it to the church, I can't help but tear up a bit as the church was beautifully done to what I had visioned it to look like. The white and yellow roses on the aisles and petals on red caperted floor with silk and laces curtains each rows of silver fancy chairs. Candles that are ready to be lit are on standby on their designated area ready to light the room for the main event. And the main seats near the altar was all set perfectly ready for us. 

I let out a sigh of relief as everything on the church was ready and done. At least that took a part of something heavy in my heart. But I can't be calm just yet, I needed to check the rest before I can be put into the peace of mind I needed.

"Unnie," I turned around and saw Minji waving at me. "The reception hall at the hotel is done! You should stop by and see it before you go back to your room."

"I will Minji-ya," I nodded happily.

"Congrats unnie!" she uttered happily.

"Yes, congrats to me," I whispered as she turned the other way to leave. I took one last look at the church and looked passed at the altar. "God whatever plans you have for me, I'll gladly accept it."

Closing my eyes, a tear slipped.

-

I had finally put myself at rest, as I finished checking everything I needed to check. The time is finally closing in and I can surely feel the day already. It brought back those feeling I was waiting for.

The butterflies in my stomach sure knows how to come back when I needed them at that moment. They sure never fail to make me feel like this.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I found myself all dressed up. My makeup had gone to retouch and so did my hair. Chaerin sure knows how to work the brushes and such to make me look pretty at least.

I quickly ran my hands on my dress easing the possible creases I would feel. I needed to look perfect for this day after all. And once I was fully ready, I took one last deep breath and chanted lots of encouraging words. I needed them for this day... I just know it.

"Dara let's go," Bom called making me nod.

"I'll be down in five," I said which she gave it to me. After all I needed a little more time to clear things out of my head. Within that minutes, I had thought and reflect about my life. What had happened and what I want to happen in the future. 

And once I was satisfied with myself, I left the room ready for the day to begin.

It's The Day after all.

-

I glanced at the clock and noticed how time was going by fast. I remembered just arriving in church a couple of minutes ago, but really it dawned me that I have been here for more than an hour. I could feel myself shake faintly as time gets closer.

My head snapped to the direction where I heard the door creek open. And there the most handsome man entered making my heart flutter. He never failed to make my heart do that.

"Jiyong," I stood up from my chair. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to stay in your room until it's time."

"Oh cut me some slacks Dara," he called my name so perfectly like it was meant for him to call me.

"Jiyong," I looked at him seriously.

"Would you stop being paranoid," he chuckled. "I came to visit you to give you some of my encouraging words."

"I don't need encouragements," I whispered.

"Oh yes, you do," he walked closer to me making me nervous. "You see how tense you are," he gave me that boyish yet teasing smile of his. "Relax would you?! Everything you've done was perfect!"

"Is it?" I asked hoping it really made him happy.

"Yea," he smiled looking at me in the eyes. "You are an amazing friend and I thank you for giving Jinah and I the perfect wedding. What will I do without you?"

"Please Jiyong," I nervously laughed. "It's just a simple favor to give you guys on your big day. Don't expect more!" Could my laugh get anymore faker than this?

"You know if the church would only allow me to have you as my best man or woman in that case," he joked making me faintly laugh. "I would have given you that position. You are truly an amazing friend Dara. You have the warmest and kindest heart of all. You don't know how much impact you made in my life."

"Yea, yea," a tear was starting to sneak out of my eyes but I quickly pushed it back. "Would you stop being all touchy, I can't have my makeup messed up or else Chaerin would scold me about it. You don't know how long it takes for girls to do their makeup." I knew I was talking nonsense, but I needed to divert my attention somewhere else. I know I can't handle stuff like this not when Jiyong is in it.

"No really Dee," he held my shoulders firmly allowing me to feel his skin on mine. And it sure amazes me how I still could feel the tingly sensation his touch would give me. "Thank you. All of this is nothing compare to the days we've spend together. Through thick and thin...in sickness and in health...for richer or poorer... you and I remain to be together."

"That's unfair," I murmured sadly after all those lines weren't meant for me. "Don't say such thing to me Jiyong. You're not playing fair here."

"Why not?" Jiyong asked as the smile on his eyes vanished. "Why Dara?"

I was afraid to utter an answer, since I could feel myself stuttering. I can't look foolish now, not on my best friend's day. I can't ruin this day for him. I just can't be selfish. 

Slowly I felt his finger on my chin, and there he lifted my head allowing me to see his handsome face much closer.

"Just one word," he whispered. "That's all I need hear."

"Hmmm?" I wondered after all I didn't understand him and most of all I didn't understand myself. My heart was aching, but my brain tells me what's right and wrong. I was confused on what to say after all I didn't get myself as a whole.

"One word," Jiyong uttered closing in. The warmth his body was giving me made me want more, but I know I can't. I just can't have that since he belongs to someone else. Someone he truly loves.

"Congrats," I quickly uttered with a smile making him stiff in front of me. And his hands slipped from my shoulder and chin.

"Thanks," he smiled at me, but it wasn't the smile I was accustomed. "I'll see you later then?"

"Yea," I nodded ignoring the constant pain my heart was feeling.

"Thanks again Dee," he lastly said before leaving my room. And right when the door closes my legs gave in making me crash right on the floor. The tears I tried keeping, had finally fallen. My makeup and dress was long forgotten as this day marks the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life.

The biggest mistake in letting my best friend get married.

It's his big day.

Not ours but only his and the girl he had chosen to marry.

-

"Dara where are you going?" I looked back and found Bom sadly looking at me. "You can't leave, Jiyong would notice. He'd be worried and sad if he didn't see you there."

"Unnie, please understand me this time," I said making her run to me knowing all my reasons to leave. She hugged me as tight as she could knowing I am hurting. I promised earlier I wouldn't cry, but my eyes had betrayed me again. My tears had slipped so easily like I was meant to cry on this day. It's supposed to be a happy day after all my best friend is getting married. "I thought I can handle it unnie, the perfect wedding I had visioned myself to be in."

"Dara," she pulled a bit away to look at me. "Don't torture yourself like this... As long as he hasn't say I do, it's not too late. You still have time."

"Bommah," I looked at her sadly. "I know, but I'm doing what's right for us. I just can't..."

"You know you are making a big mistake," she said making me nod. "But if you have made up your mind then there's nothing I can do to change it...right?"

"Unnie, all my life I wanted a perfect wedding," I looked at the church behind her. "I had imagined myself dressed in the most gorgeous wedding dress made with the most expensive material. I visioned myself all dolled up and beautiful for a day like this. In that church I had imagined myself walking down the aisle with white and yellow roses on each sides of the aisles with lit candles in its places. Silk and lace as designs at every ends of each seats making the place look warm and intimate."

"This is the vision I had in mind in my very own wedding," I confessed as I poured my fantasy wedding in Jiyong's wedding. At least with the thought of my own dream wedding as his, I can feel a part of me being there. But I was only fooling myself knowing the truth. "But walking in that church I knew one thing that is not mine and that's the groom, unnie. Kwon Jiyong is not mine, and will never be mine."

"Dara," Bom's tears kept pooling out just like what mine is doing.

"Jiyong was never meant to be mine," I murmured painfully knowing it was the truth. "He belongs to someone else, and this wedding is the only gift I can give them. So please unnie, understand why I'm leaving."

"I'm sorry Dara," Bom tightly hugged me again. I wanted to succumb in her comforting hug however I needed to leave. I can't stand doing weddings anymore knowing the wedding I wanted is gone. And most of all, the man I wanted to marry, is marrying someone else. I just can't.

Being a wedding planner was my passion, but this day marks the end of it. I needed to wake up and actually live the real life.

It , I know but there's nothing more for me to look forward to when the man I want to marry is in that church I wanted to get married, marrying someone else.

It's time that I end my very own The Day

----TBC----

 

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed a bit of this! Now don't throw at me! And remember this is just a story nothing like the real life! I love DaraGon so much okay. And also you do see that TBC... right? LOL I'm not trying to be mean, but I had that idea... you know where you think Dara is getting married, but in the end she's not. Gets? LOL ^.^v peace everyone! I will comeback with the next one later! LOL I need to think thoroughly for it lol.

I hope you guys don't throw stuff at me lol! Need a tissue? Hehehe I was close to tearing up to be honest! LOL Anywho thanks for reading! See you guys later!

Love,

Seungska!