The Chase

But I Love You

Zelo’s POV

Why did it bother me so much when she said that people would only see us as siblings? I thought of her as a really great noona, and I’m pretty sure she thought of me of a dongseng. I actually saw her as a really good friend too. She made me forget about all of my troubles, it was actually fun bumping into her. I didn’t know I could have this much fun before.

I decided not to worry much about it. It was probably nothing. I immediately fell to sleep when we called it a night.

We woke the next day and decided to just walk around town. That’s how we spent the next few days, we would meet up and just hang out.

One day we were sitting at my favorite café when she started to look like something was on her mind.

“Noona, are you ok? Is something bothering you?” I asked. Maybe she was tired and it was time to call it a day. I looked out the window and realized it was already getting dark.

“Zelo, I’m going back to Seoul tomorrow” she said.

I was surprised. I knew she just came here for a short vacation, and that she’d eventually have to go back.

“What time? I should go and drop you off at the airport” I said to her. I really enjoyed my time with her. She was a great friend.

“You don’t have to do that, I’m taking the earliest flight there is tomorrow” she said to me, while looking down at her hands.

“Oh. Ok” I said.

We finished our coffees and got up to head towards the hotel. We were both quiet on the way. I couldn’t believe that my only friend here would soon be leaving.

“Bye Zelo” she said to me as we reached the hotel.

“Huh?” I said just now realizing that we were already here.

“Thanks for everything. I enjoyed my stay here because of you” she said while she hugged me goodbye.

I watched as she walked into the hotel room. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do now that she was leaving. I wouldn’t be leaving this place until another 3 weeks. We still had some things to take care of before we could go back home.

I slowly walked back to where our apartment was at. I got up to the door and didn’t want to go in. I still felt out of place with everyone in there. I knew it wasn’t a big age difference between us but they still treated me like a little kid. I didn’t feel that way with ___. She made me feel like we were really friends, like we were of the same age.

That’s when it hit me. I knew what to do. I couldn’t stay here.

I quickly ran inside, grabbing my suitcase and packing all my stuff. I was trying to pack everything as quickly as I could that I didn’t hear when someone walked in.

“Zelo, what are you doing? Are you running away again?” he asked.

I turned around to see who it was. “Daehyun hyung” I said.

“Zelo, don’t do this again. You know you’ll just get in more trouble” he said walking towards me.

“Here, let me help you put everything back into place” he said taking the suitcase from me.

“Hyung, I’m not running away. I just really need to go back to Seoul” I told him taking back my suitcase.

“Seoul? What do you need to go do there? Just wait a little while, we’re almost finished here and we can go back” he told me tugging at my suitcase.

“Hyung, I really need to do this. Just help me this one time” I told him.

“Zelo” he said, not sure of what to do.

“Do you know how mad Hyung is gonna be at us?” he asked.

“Thanks hyung. I owe you one!” I yelled at him before grabbing my suitcase and running out the apartment.

I quickly grabbed a taxi and made my way to the airport. I just hope the flight hasn’t left yet as I looked around to see where I needed to go.

I eventually made my way up to the desk and asked for a ticket to the earliest flight to Seoul.

“I’m sorry, that flight is booked” the lady told me.

“Really? There isn’t even one empty seat available?” I asked, crossing my fingers that there would be one.

“No. I’m sorry” She said.

“Thanks” I told her as I started to walk away.

“Sir! Someone just canceled their flight!” she yelled at me before I could make my way out.

“Really?! I’ll take it” I told her already getting my wallet out.

“It’s first class though” she said looking at her computer.

“It’s alright, I’ll take it” I told her.

She handed me my ticket and I made my way to look for the gate in which the plane would be at.

I made it. Now I just had to find her and make sure that this was the right flight. I quickly looked around to see if she was here yet.

I spotted her. As I was about to make my way towards her the announcement came on for us to board the plane. She quickly started running towards the entrance.

She looked so cute and confused. She was adorable. I guess I could talk to her once the flight landed.

I made my way to the entrance and got seated immediately. I closed my eyes, ready to get some rest before we landed.

I immediately fell asleep as plane took off.

I was woken up by an attendant shaking my shoulder, “Sir, we have arrived” she said to me.

I looked around and noticed that everyone had already gotten off the plane. “Thanks” I told her before rushing out of the plane.

The place was crowded. I needed to get my suitcase first and then find her before she leaves.

I quickly rushed over to get my suitcase, grateful that it was one of the first ones to come out. As I got hold of it, I noticed her walking towards the exit. I couldn’t let her leave. Once she left, there would be no way for me to find her again.

I ran behind her when I saw her running towards someone, “Oppa!” she called out.

I froze, unable to move. I saw the guy quickly hug and lift her up.

“I’ve missed you” he said to her while giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Oppa! Not here” she whined.

“I’ve missed you too” she said to him as they took each others hands and walked off.

What was wrong with me? Why did it affect me so much to see her with someone. I quickly looked around to see her getting into a car with him.

I rushed out to grab a cab and told the cabdriver to follow them.

Why was I doing this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it has a lot of mistakes, I didn't get a chance to check it before uploading it.
Hope you guys like it though :)