Practice

Super Junior Dating Game

We were transported, again by limo, to a dance studio somewhere. I wasn't concentrating on the exact location, I was too busy chatting to Izzy and Sarah about their roommates and how they loved staying there. Sarah seemed in a little bit of a huff however, so I decided, against my better judgement, to ask her about it.

"Sarah, what's up?"

"Hah!" Her sharp laughter made most people in the limo's heads snap towards her in shock, so she smiled at them and they turned back to what they were doing.

"Heechul made fun of her clothes," Izzy answered me in a slight whisper, looking around at him with what I can only describe as amusement on her face. Heechul grinned widely at her and blew a kiss at Sarah, who stuck her nose in the air and turned away from him. Alissa sniggered, earning herself a look.

Kyuhyun was beside me, leaning on my arm slightly as a way of telling me that he was there, but not alerting anyone towards us. I wasn't sure if our - Relationship? - was allowed, but I wasn't about to ask when I'd been told to keep it hidden; I didn't want anyone to get into trouble, so I just leaned a centimetre closer to the boy and sighed against him.

"Alright ladies!" Leeteuk smiled at us brightly. "We're here!"

We departed from the limo and wandered into the studio. I was awestruck, the place was huge! Wooden floors, one length of the wall was just mirrors, and there were a couple of changing rooms off to the side with a piano in the corner. Leeteuk plugged a speaker system into the wall and placed a CD into the slot. That made me smile, glad that he was using more old fashioned systems than just bringing a laptop in and playing songs from that. Sorry Sorry started playing, which was great for me; I knew quite a lot of the dance to it.

Heechul noticed me moving to the song and came to dance beside me, being overly expressive and making me laugh so hard I had to stop. Eunhyuk was teaching us the dance, with the help of the others in the background who showed us the formation we would be in on stage. His talent really showed, and he was so patient with us if we were confused or got something wrong, and after an hour we were told to rest for a little bit. Izzy and Siwon were chatting at the back, and I eyed them suspiciously; her face was bright pink, and his smile was brighter than Leeteuk's. He started teaching her little bits of the dance himself, one on one practice she described it as later, and went behind her to grab her hands and place them in the right position. For anyone who didn't know the song or dance, it would look like he was trying to hug her but she was shrugging it off. I looked over at Sarah and Alissa, who were chatting oblivious to what was going on around them.

"Siwon's getting very touchy-feely with your friend over there," Heechul scoffed. I smirked at him.

"Does he always do that?"

"To guys? Yes. Girls? Never." He looked over at them with an eyebrow cocked. "I wonder -"

He was cut off by a young girl, probably only about twenty, who had been stood at the back of the studio for some time, calling Siwon and Kyuhyun into the dressing room to discuss make-up for the show. I asked Heechul why those two, and he told me that it was because they needed a roommate from each dorm who knew something about females and make-up.

"I am offended though!" He continued, "I'm sure I know more about girls' makeup than Siwon! I get Kyu being asked, considering his SNL performance, but Siwon? He wouldn't even dress up for Gee!" I laughed at him and he ushered me to the door they were behind, signalling for me to be quiet as we listened.

"Yeah she will be easy to do." Said a female voice, obviously the girl from before.

"Okay so she's sorted, what about-" Alissa's laughter made it difficult to hear the last part, but I could tell it was Kyuhyun's voice.

"Oh, her? She will be difficult." My eyes widened at how rude the girl sounded, Heechul frowned but didn't peel his eyes away from the door. "I have no idea how to work with her, I mean her hair is so curly it will never look good, and she has too many spot scars on her face for us to know what to do with."

Another female in the room laughed, I assumed it was another make-up artist. "Yeah you're right. And can she even dance? She picks up on the steps but looks so awkward. She's about as graceful as her hair!" The two females started laughing again.

"Hey!" Siwon yelled. "This is unprofessional!" The two stopped laughing, but continued to talk about the girl with curly hair, in a very horrible way. I looked at my friends. Alissa has naturally straight hair. Sarah's was short and a little wavy, and Izzy's was straightened. I pulled at my own. Since I had let it dry naturally, it was made up of frizzy ringlets. Heechul saw what I was doing and tried to pull me away from the door, but I shook him off.

I reached for the handle and opened it, stepping inside.