Lunch

Super Junior Dating Game

It turned out Kyuhyun was leading me to a little restaurant in the middle of an almost empty shopping centre. It was quite dark inside, black and gold and red decorated the walls, and the seating was made up of both tables and booths. Kyu shook hands with one of the waiters, who scoured the reservation book for his name, then nodded and took us to a booth in one of the corners. The seats were a soft red leather, surrounded with golden trim and a dark wood, the red and gold tablecloth matching precisely. It seemed all very upper class, I was surprised I hadn't been asked to change before we went - my jeans and T-shirt combo seemed a little informal for the ambiance - but Kyuhyun insisted I looked fine, sliding over to make room for me next to him.

The waiter returned shortly carrying two sets of menus, for drinks and food, but Kyuhyun only took the drinks menus, whispering something to the man who wandered off again, shooting me a knowing look before he passed. Thought I was curious, I pretended not to be as Kyuhyun passed me the drinks menu, smiling cheekily at me. I browsed the drinks until I found something I desperately wanted.

"Vanilla bubble tea!" I exclaimed, shoving the words into his eyeline and pointing at them repeatedly. "I want vanilla bubble tea!"

"Alright, alright, calm down!" Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head. "I've never seen someone so excited for a drink before!"

I ignored the comment, putting my nose in the air with a 'hmph' noise, making Kyuhyun snort at me and pinch my cheeks.

"Hey!" I protested, backing away slowly.

"Ma'am." I jumped, looking up at the waiter, standing with two other waiters beside him, holding trays of food.

"Whoah..." I breathed as they placed all the food down at the table. There was a lot of it. Noodles, rice, seafood, pork, chicken, too much for two people, or even four people to eat by themselves.

"This must have been so expensive..." I muttered after the waiters left. Kyuhyun smiled a me and picked up my bowl, piling noodles high into it, then proceeding to gather other foods and put them either in my bowl or on my plate. "I can do that myself!" I exclaimed.

"Fine, here!" Kyuhyun chuckled, handing over the chopsticks.

Crap I thought, I'd never really used chopsticks in England, I knew I was going to embarrass myself. After the fourth time trying to pick up some chicken, Kyuhyun stepped to my aid, glancing over at me with raised eyebrows, seeming to say see? I knew you couldn't do it!

- -

The food was delicious, and after what seemed like hours, the two of us had devoured every morsel we could manage. Kyuhyun wiped his forehead, as if he'd just done something physically straining, which amused me. I sat back in my seat, draining the last of my bubble tea and sighing with pleasure, it was gorgeous. I giggled as the waiter brought over the dessert menu, both of us shaking our heads furiously.

"No thank you." I said, deciding it would be better for one of us to speak rather than just mime at the poor man. Kyuhyun asked for the bill, and the waiter nodded and walked away, making me wonder if being vocal was really necessary.

Once we'd paid, Kyu took me by the hand and lead me outside; the fluorescent lights of the shopping centre were blinding, I had to squint until we got outside and my eyes adjusted. I looked up at Kyuhyun, a very small smile on my face.

"Thank you." I whispered, kissing his lips lightly.

"Happy birthday gorgeous," he replied, cupping my cheek and grinning.