Music

Super Junior Dating Game

Eunhyuk told us that today we would be learning the last part of the Sorry Sorry dance, due to the fact that when I ran out yesterday, they chose it as a good time to end practice. Since I had been taught the dance anyway, I sat this one out to observe my friends, especially Izzy and Siwon. His sideways glances and small smiles made it obvious to me that Izzy was the "someone he liked", but she hardly noticed. Too busy concentrating on where to put her feet.

"Ow!"

"Hey!"

"Sorry!" Alissa managed to trip herself up, no idea how, and push Sarah straight into Heechul and onto the floor. Eunhyuk and Donghae burst into floods of laughter as the two jumped up in a fighting position and began growling at each other. The boys earned themself a famous death glare from Sarah, as well as one from Heechul, and from this angle I couldn't tell whose was scariest. Kyu took that as a reason to leave formation and come over to me, bringing (or dragging) a very angry Heechul with him.

"'Sup?" Heechul muttered, still narrowing his eyes in Sarah's direction.

I nodded, unable to hide my grin. I looked back at Siwon, who was holding Izzy in a similar position to yesterday, giving her even more one on one practice. Alissa, on the other hand, was trying to calm down a flustered Sarah, with difficulty, aided merely by the laughter of Eunhyuk and Donghae. Yesung, Sungmin and Leeteuk stood by the mirror, taking few glances at their surroundings.

"What is going on between you two?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, sitting next to me on the floor. Heechul sighed and slid his back down the wall, ending up next to us.

"I insulted her clothes, started a war." He said simply, a small smile on his face. "Donghae seems to think we're hilarious, if she starts yelling or throwing things at me in the dorms, he turns off the TV to watch us!" I muffle my laughter with my hand, unable to hold it in.

"Do you really fight that often?" He shook his head.

"No, no, and anyway it's not like that," he started, "I mean it seems all in good fun, the girl's never thrown anything other than pillows at me."

"Does this sound a little like the boy pulling the girls' pigtails in the playground to you, Bunny?" Kyu asked me, causing Heechul to raise his eyebrows and scoff at the nickname.

"It does!" I answered, "but I don't know which one's which!"

- -

For the last hour or so of practice, I busied myself by playing the piano as quietly as possible in the corner of the room. I loved pianos, the beautiful sounds they make, and people who can play them. I'd been learning for a few years, so already knew my fair share of songs. Once everyone had finished dancing, I asked Leeteuk if there was a piano in the dorms that I could use, and he told me that there was a keyboard, but I'd have to beg Kyuhyun to let me use it.

"However," he continued, "I doubt you'll have any problems with that."

- -

"Hey Kyutie!" I nudged him after placing the clothes I'd just changed out of into my hamper. Kyu smirked at me.

"I don't hear that nickname often," he mused, "does this mean you want something?"

I looked offended. "Hey, I do call you that sometimes! Just not when there are people around!" Kyu kept smirking at me.

"You want something don't you?" I stopped the act and nodded.

"Yesss." I sighed, "may I use the keyboard? Leeteuk said I'd need to ask you..." The smirk didn't falter, which unnerved me a little. I'd heard rumours of him being the 'evil maknae' and such, making me rightly suspicious.

"Okay," he answered, "you can play it."

"Thank you!"

"IF," he continued, "you let me listen too. Play to me."

I wasn't so sure about that idea. I'd played for people before, and in front of people, but... For Kyu? The Maknae of Super Junior? Also known as my boyfriend? That sounded embarrassing. Although, I was desperate to play even more, and have the opportunity to play when I wanted, so I hastily agreed, on one condition.

"You play me something too!"

- -

The keyboard was in a little room next to ours, a room I'd passed off at first glance as a closet. Turned out to be a music room, with the keyboard, an acoustic guitar, a harmonica, and a few boxes, one of which looking like the clarinet case my friend carried with him in primary school. The place was adorable, and I sat on the floor, awaiting Kyuhyun's masterpiece.

The notes coming from the piano, however, were not those of Mozart or Beethoven, but Kyuhyun's Seven Years of Love. He began singing along, his voice both homely and beautiful, the sad lyrics flowing from his tongue, lacing themselves around my heart. A tear fell from my eye as he finished, and I applauded him, going pink as he turned to look at me, ruffling his hair. He stood up and patted the seat, which I sat on, nervous. My hands shook as I places my fingers on the keys, thinking of another soft song to fit with the mood. Once decided, I set about to playing. My shaking stopped as I delved myself into the melody.

"What is this?" Kyu asked softly.

"Hana Kagari." I replied, not taking my eyes off the keys. I hadn't realised that I'd been quietly singing along until I stopped, looking over at Kyuhyun with a sweet smile on my lips. A second later, the smile wasn't the only thing on my lips. Kyuhyun ran his fingers through my ponytail, pulling out the bobble and allowing my curls to fall freely as he did so. I placed my hands on his chest, standing on my tiptoes to make it more comfortable for the both of us. His lips moved with mine, sugary sweet to taste. The moment was gorgeous.

"Hey guys?" The door opened as Eunhyuk wandered in, "We were just won- Oh, no, I don't wanna see that!" We broke apart swiftly, allowing Eunhyuk to continue. "Okay, um... Ah! Alissa and I want to know if you'd prefer chicken in wraps or in a salad, before we go shopping. She's going to cook us food her style!"

I giggled, knowing the extent of Ally Style cooking, and went with wraps. Kyuhyun said he was fine with either as long as it was edible, so Eunhyuk went back to report to Alissa. Eunhyuk took everyone but us two to the supermarket, leaving us alone in the apartment.

"Well, it's just the two of us." Kyuhyun smiled. "What shall we do?"

"Oh," I smiled back. "I know exactly what we should do."