Chapter 8

Survival of Mato

 

 

“Good bye Mrs. Park,” I said.

“Goodbye, dear,” she said. I closed the door and took a deep breath.

“The person you love is me, right?” Himchan said with a smirk.

“No, no, no, noona is mine,” Jonup said with a pout.

“H-How long have you been here?” I asked.

“The whole 4 hours,” Himchan said. “Now I am all yours if you know what I mean,” he smirked.

“N-No thank you,” I said and walked away.

“Yay! Noona’s mine then,” Jonup said happily.

Jonup and I went to the garden to plant the seeds. We dug the holes about an inch and a half. As Jonup was digging the last section of the garden, I decided to go look for the seeds.

“Where are the seeds?” I murmured to myself as I was looking. I looked for them on the table, chairs, floor, and cabinets.

“Where could they possibly be?” I questioned.

Suddenly, I sat on the chair and I saw the packet of seeds right on the table that I had checked already. I took it and opened it.

“That’s strange…I swear I checked this table before and the seeds weren’t there…” I murmured. “All wells, I found the seeds Jongup!” I shouted and walked out.

The figure behind the cabinent gave a weak smile and walked away.

We planted all the vegetables, fruits, and flowers. “We’re finished!” I shouted in happiness as we watered the last row of seeds.

“This calls for a celebration!” I said and we headed towards the fridge.

“Ice cream?” I asked while giving Jongup one.

“Assa! Ice cream,” Jongup shouted and ate the treat, not even knowing what it was. “This ice cream is really good,” he said with his mouth full.

“Of course, it’s ice cream! It’s impossible for anyone to hate ice cream,” I said and ate my ice cream as well. I grabbed some ice cream and brought them to the others.

“What is this?” Youngjae asked.

“Ice cream,” I said.

“It’s really delicious!” Jongup shouted.

“Is he okay?” Yongguk asked.

“I think he’s a bit hyper from all the sugar in the ice cream, after all, it is his first time eating it,” I shrugged.

“Okay,” he said and grabbed one of the ice creams. I handed the rest of the ice cream to the others and they all ate it.

“This is really good,” Youngjae said.

“I know,” I said. “There’s some ice cream on the tip of your nose,” I said to Daehyun and gave him a tissue. He took it and nodded as a ‘thank you’.

“Jongup! Don’t eat all the ice cream or else you’re going 50 miles back to get another pack of ice cream!” I shouted and ran towards him.

“Awww! But noona! It’s so good!” Jongup shouted and ran away with the box of ice cream he had stolen from the fridge.

“Jongup!” I shouted, ready to chase him until I get back the pack of ice cream.