Chapter 2

Survival of Mato

 

~Narrator’s POV~

Jongup woke up to find himself on a comfortable bed. He looked around and saw his other members each on a separate bed in the same position as he was in. When he moved, he groaned in pain. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a girl. When she saw him move, she quickly ran towards him, “Please don’t move, I have spent hours trying to wrap them up,” she said and helped him gently lie down onto the bed.

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

He didn’t say anything.

“Then I guess I’ll introduce myself,” she said. “My name is Jung Han-ah and I am 17 years old. I have just saved you and your friends when I found you outside of my front yard. If you don’t mind, I would like to know who you are.”

“He doesn’t speak to people that he doesn't know or like,” said another voice.

She turned around and carefully helped him lie down in a more comfortable position.

“Thank you,” he said. She just smiled and nodded.

“Well, if we tell you, do you promise to keep this a secret and have an opened mind if I tell you this?” he asked.

She hesitated and then nodded.

“My name is Bang Yongguk and I am the leader of my group, B.A.P. We are aliens from the planet Mato and we have come to Earth to find a resource that will help our now dying planet to survive once more and bloom like it was back then,” he said. He looked to see her reaction. Surprisingly, she took it pretty well.

“I see,” she said.

“Do you believe us?” Yongguk managed to say.

“It is a bit hard for me to believe all of this and take it all in, but then again, I did find it strange how you were all injured when you’re in the middle of nowhere. The closest town is 50 miles away.” “And I did find it strange how he-points to the pink haired guy-didn’t have a pulse and I realized that he was a mechanical machine.

“Yeah, he’s our combat robot,” said Yongguk.

“Well, alright, I-I’ll just go and make something to eat for you guys,” she said and walked out of the room.

“Do you actually trust her?” Jongup said.

Yongguk stared at nothing in particular and then answered, “I believe that she can be trusted and will help us for our mission. Do you not trust me?”

“I trust you, I just hope you stand corrected,” said Jongup.

“Me too,” Yongguk murmured.

Everyone else woke up (besides Zelo) by the time Han-ah came back with food. We all ate hungrily and she just sat and watched.

“Wow, I’ve never seen anyone eat that much. Did you guys not eat for the past days?” she asked.

“You could say that,” said Yongguk. When B.A.P finished eating, they thanked Han-ah.

~Your POV~

Yongguk said, “We should start by introducing ourselves properly.”

“1, 2, 3, we are B.A.P. Yes sir!” they all said together.

“My name is Yongguk, the leader of B.A.P. I am 2944 years old, and I am 22 years old on Earth,” said Yongguk.

“My name is Himchan and I am the General of B.A.P. I am 2560 years old and am also 22 years old on Earth. And I am currently single,” Himchan said and winked at you.

We all rolled our eyes, **There goes our erted General**

“My name is Jongup and I am 2304 years old and is 17 years old on Earth,” said Jongup.

“My name is Youngjae and I am the brains of the group. I am 2432 years old and is 18 years old on Earth,” said Youngjae.

“My name is Daehyun and I am 2560 years old, and I am 19 years old on Earth,” said Daehyun.

“That-points to the mechanical robot- is Zelo. He is our combat robot that happens to be one years old,” said Yongguk. “But we are going to have to charge him, somehow?”

“Does he run by electricity?” I asked.

 “Yes, your point is?” Yongguk said.

“Be right back,” I said and left the room. Then I came back inside with a defibrillator. I rubbed it together and headed towards Zelo.

“What are you doing with that?” Yongguk asked thinking it was a weapon.

“I am going to bring him back to life, I am pretty sure this will work,” I said. I pressed it onto Zelo. Zelo’s eye automatically opened and he stared at Han-ah. She smiled and said, “Mission accomplished.”

“Zelo is online, battery charged 100%,” said Zelo.

“Woah! That’s so cool! Can I see that?” Youngjae asked excitedly.

“Sure,” I said and handed it to him.

“What is it?” Youngjae asked and examined the defibrillator.

“Well, it is meant for humans when they have a heart attack or something,” I said.

“Can I try it?” Youngjae asked excitedly. “Maybe I’ll be recharged and be stronger,” he said and flexed his non-existent arm muscles.

“I don’t think you’d want to try that, especially since you don’t need it,” I said and took away the defibrillator.

“Why not?” he frowned.

“You are probably going to die at your healthy state if you use this,” I said.

Youngjae’s eyes widened. 

“Why do you even have that?” Yungguk asked.

“M-my grandpa used to live here with a nurse and I was the apprentice, but he-he is deceased,” I whispered.

“S-Sorry,” said Yongguk.

“It’s alright! The past is the past right?” I smiled brightly. “And I’ve decided to keep your secret,” I said and left with the empty tray of food.

“I like her,” said Jongup.

“I love her,” said Himchan.

“I could’ve died!” Youngjae shouted.