Chapter 21

Survival of Mato

 

“Wow, they’re not even looking at the right place…” Jongup said. We were all crowded by a window on the third floor of the mansion, watching the All Star Agency on my front yard.

“That’s a start though,” I said and sighed as I sat down.

“We’re going to have to make sure that they don’t search on that section,” Yongguk said, pointing towards the right side.

“So what’s the plan?” I asked.

“I got it,” Jongup said.

“What is it?” Yongguk asked.

“Han-ah could go outside and serve them lemonade. They’ll come right over to drink some. While they are busy drinking and relaxing a bit, we can go and cover up our tracks,” said Jongup.

“…”

“You know,” Yongguk said slowly. “For once you’re actually useful,” and gave Jongup a noogie.

“Hey, stop it hyung,” Jongup said while trying to escape from his tight grip. I smiled.

“Alright,” I said and got up. “Let’s go and make some lemonade,” I smirked.

 

“Don’t forget to add some sugar,” I said to Daehyun and Jongup.

“Aish,” Jongup muttered as he spilled some lemonade on the floor.

I looked down and saw the small spill. “It’s alright, we can clean it up after we’re done,” I said. “But can you go and get the cups in the cabinet in the garage? We used to barbeque there, so most of our supplies are in there,” I said.

“Yeah sure,” he said. He stepped over the puddle of lemonade, “Watch out for that puddle,” he said and left.

 

“Where did Jongup put the sugar,” I muttered. I spotted the sugar at the other side of the table. Forgetting about the puddle, I walked towards it and slipped.

I closed my eyes and waited for the hard thump of my body. But it never came…in fact; it was actually really warm and comfy. I opened my eyes to see Daehyun’s face inches from mine. His arms were wrapped around me, preventing me from my fall.

Suddenly, I noticed things I’ve never bothered to take notice. I now noticed how his eyes stood out and that he had an eye smile. His nose was small and cute. My eyes shifted to his lips and-

 “Hey, I also managed to find some ice-”

I stood back up straight with a red face and coughed for the awkward moment.

“Um…did I interrupt anything?” Jongup awkwardly asked.

“N-No,” I stuttered. “D-Don’t you even think about eating that ice cream,” I said changing the subject. I snatched the ice cream and put it back in the freezer.

“But-”

“I’m not going to spend another 2 hours of my day chasing you around the mansion because you get hyper after eating a bite of that ice cream,” I said. “Gosh, I need to hide all the ice cream from you.”

“Well, I found the cups;” Jongup said and held up the bags of plastic cups.”

“Good,” I said and started to pour some sugar into the lemonade.

“I want to pour it,” Jongup said.

“No, I want to though,” I said.

“Noona,” he pouted.

“…Fine,” I muttered.

Daehyun watched as the two of you interacted. When he looked at you, his heart involuntarily started to beat faster. He looked away with a red face. **What’s wrong with me? What is this strange feeling?**

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally updated! I feel the weight lifting off my shoulders now XD

Oooohhh, seems like someone is developing feelings for 'you'. :D

-iHartCupcakes :)