Chapter 26

Survival of Mato

**Han-ah! Han-ah! Where are you?** Daehyun thought as we ran around the mansion, looking for you. He decided to listen to Himchan's advice and take the chance to tell her how he felt. He had run to her room and took a deep breath. He knocked at the door and waited for her to respond and open the door, but she never did. He knocked again, but there was still no response. He frowned impatiently and knocked once more, "Han-ah, can you open the door?"

"..."

"Han-ah?" Daehyun said as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

He slowly opened the door and peeked inside. No one was there. **Maybe she is in another room**

He ran around the house, searching for her, but she was no where to be found. His heart hammered around in is rib cage. He was starting to panic now, where could she be? He ran to the living room and saw the rest of B.A.P sitting on the couch watching TV. 

"Guys, where's Han-ah?" Daehyun asked.

"Han-ah? Oh, she went out to get some fresh air," Yongguk said. "Something about to the beach or something."

"Yes, there is a storm coming your way. Stay away from the waters as much as you can and try to be inside a house where it is safe and warm," said the newscaster.

"Uh oh..." they all thought.

"I'll go get her," said Daehyun and ran towards the door. 

"I'll-" Himchan stopped the rest of B.A.P. "Let him go alone."

They didn't understand what was going on, but they listened. They sat there and watched the TV to see any more news of the storm that was coming.

 

**Han-ah! Please be safe...don't leave me yet** Daehyun thought as he had taken one of the bikes in the garage and rode it towards the beach. It was raining like crazy, but he didn't care nor notice. Han-ah's safety was all he could think about right now. He raced towards the beach and was there within 10 minutes. 

**Han-ah...Han-ah...where are you?** He started to panic. He ran towards the beach and fought against the high winds. He saw a figure in the distance under one of the playgrounds. **Han-ah...** He ran towards you and stopped when he was 5 feet away. You didn't notice that he was standing behind you. You were dazed and daydreaming. 

Daehyun slowly headed towards you and sat down next to you. You looked at him with sad eyes and looked back out towards the raging sea. Silence was left, only the sounds of the waves crashing and the strong blowing winds. Occasionally, the creak of the old playground swaying a bit.

"Why did you come here?" you asked.

"I-I..." he started.

"You should go back," you said mono toned.  

Daehyun's eyes furrowed in anger, "No, I'm not going back without you. You're either going back with me or I'm staying here with you."

"..."

"I can't go back...not today," you said sadly.

"W-Why? A storm's coming and you're here, sitting, calmly watching as the storm is heading your way," he shouted angrily. 

"You don't understand..." you said calmly. "Today...today is...today is the day that, that Grandpa die," you said. 

Daehyun's anger vanished and was replaced by sorrow and pain. "Han-ah..." he said sadly.

"This was one of the places where we would always go to when I was kid and had no one to play with. Grandpa would always take me here and play. He built it purposely for me to play on. I loved it so much and I never got tired of it. Those days were my best childhood days," you said with a dazed look.

Suddenly, it seemed as if Daehyun couldn't hear anything except your sad voice. 

"When he got sick, I was worried. I didn't want to see him, I would always stay away from him. Not because I didn't want to get sick...no...I couldn't stand the thought of seeing him sick...just lying there, in pain. So I would always go to the playground and just sit there and pray that he would make it. That he would be fine and live healthy and play with me once more like he used to. But he never got better...he got worse," you said sadly.

"The nurse understood how I felt but she finally came up to me and told me, 'You're Grandpa is getting worse, stay with him during his last few weeks.' That's when I started to cry, I cried and cried. The next day, I decided to start over. I helped the nurse take care of Grandpa. He would always be sleeping, but I would always read to him. I would always be there, sitting and watching him."

"Han-ah...you could stop, you don't have to tell me..." he said quietly.

"I want to, I don't know why, but I want to," you said.

"So the doctor came that day and told me news I never imagined hearing. He said, 'It's as if he is clinging onto anything to stay alive in this world, as if he won't let go. And...I think I know why. He is still like this because he doesn't want to leave you without knowing that you're happy.' So I went towards his bed that day, I just sat there and stared at his face. It took me 15 minutes but I finally said, 'I'll let you go Grandpa...please be happy in Heaven.' And I could see a smile on his face before I heard the line go dead on the machine. I quietly got off the chair and closed the machine."

"Han-ah..." was all Daehyun could say. Suddenly, he heard a loud creak and he looked up. **No, the playground...** The playground was breaking down because of the harsh wind and its old age. 

"Han-ah, we got to go now!" he shouted and grabbed her hand. He ran out but you stayed where you were. 

He grabbed your hand once more and and pulled you out just in time as he watched in horror as part of the playground broke down. He hugged you and carried you into a ware house 15 meters from the playground. He closed the door and he put you down near the wall. You looked stunned and dazed...scared and lost. He sat by your side and wrapped his jack around you as you started shivering. All he could do was hug you and comfort you. 

"Han-ah, let it out," he said. "You've been holding this in by yourself too long," he said quietly. 

You looked him and tears spilled out of your eyes. You cried and cried just like you did back then. Daehyun hugged you and put his head on top of yours as you buried your self into his chest. Daehyun closed his eyes and was in pain and agony as he heard you cry and shake in his arm. He didn't want it this way, it just wasn't fair...it hurt so much. **So this is what Himchan meant when he said that you feel what your loved one feels...I'm sorry I couldn't protect you Han-ah...I'll do better, I'll make you happier memories**

 

"Take care care of her...Daehyun" said a faint voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think of the fanfic so far? Has it improved ^^ Can you guys just drop a message once in a while or so? It feels to lonely and sometimes I feel like no one is reading it >____< So I would appreciate if you guys dropped a comment or even message me once in a while, it would also encourage me to write more and make it longer, and more interesting ^^

Thanks BABY's ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)