Chapter 5

Survival of Mato

 

“So how do we garden exactly?” Jongup said and stared at the dirt.

“Oh, you have to take out the unnecessary things in the dirt, like weeds,” I said.

“Why? Aren’t they plants as well?” Jongup asked.

“Well, they are plants, but they are the bad kind of plants,” I said. “They hog all the water so there is little or no water for the other plants to drink. Then the good plants die,” I said with a frown. “And weeds grow really quickly,” I said.

“Okay,” he said.

“So today, we’re just going to pull out all the weeds,” I said. We started pulling out the weeds that grew all over the place. It was really hard work. By the time we were finished, it was dinner time already. We quickly cleaned up and I went inside to make dinner. Jongup and Daehyun helped as well.

I set everything onto the table and everyone came down to eat from the smell of dinner.

“Enjoy!” I said ands smiled.

“We will!” they said in unison and started to eat.

“This is really good,” Youngjae said.

“Of course it’s good, my girl’s got the perfect hand and talent to make the food,” Himchan said and winked at me.

“Since when was she your girl?” Youngjae questioned.

“Since the day I laid eyes on her,” he smirked.

“Sure…” Youngjae said and rolled his eyes.

“No! Han-ah is mine!” Jongup said and hugged me. I blushed and Yongguk broke the hug.

“Just eat,” he said and rolled his eyes.

“Oh by the way, did something happen this morning? I heard some noises,” Youngjae asked.

“Yeah, now that you mention it, I almost forgot,” I said. “This morning, there were a couple of people from All Star Agency,” I said.

They all stopped eating.

“Don’t worry, I told them that nothing was wrong,” I said and continued to eat. But they didn’t.

“They’re onto us hyung,” Youngjae said.

“You’re right, we have to make sure that they don’t find us,” said Yongguk. “We are going to have to be more careful.”

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked.

“Han-ah, be careful around those people. They are people who don’t take things lightly,” Yongguk said seriously.

“O-Okay,” I said. They looked at one another and quickly finished eating and went back to what they were doing. Jongup helped me wash the dishes again as Daehyun decided to follow Youngjae and Himchan to play video games.

“Be careful noona,” Jongup said seriously. “Those people are dangerous men. They cannot be trusted no matter what the situation is. Everyone on Mato knows about their existence.”

“Don’t worry about me, I’m more worried about you guys,” I said and smiled at Jongup.

“We will be careful,” he said and continued to wash the dishes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~B.A.P’s POV~

“Goodnight,” Han-ah said.

“Goodnight,” we responded and pretended to sleep. Once we heard the door close, we quickly sat up and looked at one another.

“So what is the plan?” Youngjae asked. “Do we leave?”

“No, we can’t leave now,” said Jongup. “We haven’t learned enough to how we can make Mato bloom again.”

“Jonup’s right,” Yongguk said.

“We already trusted Han-ah; we can’t afford to trust anyone else. Who knows, they may betray us. Trusting one human is good enough,” Yongguk said. “We are just all going to have to hide ourselves.”

“We’re going to have to cover our smell with human smells, dress, and act like humans in order to lose All Star’s track of us,” said Himchan.

“Okay, so we should go shopping tomorrow,” Yongguk said.

“Yay, shopping,” Youngjae said.

“Not for electronics,” Yongguk said.

“Awww, but hyung,” Youngjae said sadly.

“We are going to buy human clothes,” Yongguk said and smiled.

“Goodnight,” he said and went to sleep.

“Goodnight,” we said and went to get some rest as well.