Chapter 24

Survival of Mato

~All Star Agency~

"Sir? Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to the laboratory to do something," the leader responded.

"Oh, okay," said one of the workers and left without much thought.

The leader made sure that no one else was around. He quietly sneaked into the laboratory and closed the door. He locked the door and shook the door to make sure no one could barge in. He went towards the table and took out a zip lock bag from his pocket. He opened one of the drawers under the table and took out a box of gloves. He took a pair out and put it on. He went to the other side of the table and took a microscope. He put it on the table and opened the zip lock bag. Inside, were some torn cloth with some blood. He smirked, **Not smart enough**

He laid it underneath the microscope and examined the evidence. He scanned it in the computer. Numbers, names, everyone on Earth's information passed by without stopping. After 10 minutes, it was confirmed that no on had the same DNA. He smirked, **There are aliens...and they're in her house...I'll need to bring some evidence as well...**

So be it, he planned to sabotage them and show the world who the aliens truly are and is not what they claim to be. 

**Wait and see, I'll show everyone that aliens exist and that I'm not crazy...**

 

~Flashback~

*KABOOM*

"Everyone! Evacuate the building now!" shouted the instructor.

17 year old Kimsoo (A/N: I'll be using his name for this flashback) stood his ground as he stared at his now broken and blown up project. **No...No...this wasn't supposed to happen. It worked before...before...**

He suddenly remembered what happened before class had started. 

 

"How did you even become a scientist in this school?" one of the four bullies laughed. 

"I-I worked hard and studied hard to get w-w-where I am," he stuttered.

"Awwww, well, those hard and long hours of studying is such a waste of time. Honestly, I suggest you  to leave now before you embarrass yourself," one of them smirked.

"Don't let them get the best of you," a voice had said.

"N-No," he said confidently.

They bullies stopped laughing and they scowled. They shoved him onto the table with his project behind him. The leader of the bully leaned towards Kimsoo and smirked, "Good luck on your project...Kimsoo," he smirked and walked away.

The rest of the gang followed behind him with a smirk and slammed the door behind them. **D-Did I finally stop them? On my own?** Kimsoo beamed proudly. **I have to tell her**

"Beeeeep!"

"Oh no! I'm going to be late for class," he said and grabbed his project without realizing that the leader had dropped something into his project.

 

"So class," said the instructor, "Does everyone have their pr-"

"Boom!" the door slammed opened.

"S-Sorry for being late," Kimsoo apologized.

"It's fine, go to your seat," said the instructor. Kimsoo sat down  with his project.

"So who would like to go first?" said the instructor.

No one raised their hand. Suddenly, one did, and it was the leader of the gang. "Why don't we have Kimsoo go first," he smirked. "After all, he is our number one student, let him show the class a good example of what a number one project should be."

**Why is he helping me? He never does...Maybe I showed him who's boss back in the other room** Kimsoo beamed to no one in particular.

"I agree, Kimsoo, please go to the front of the class and start your presentation for your project," said the instructor.

Kimsoo got off his chair and strode to the front of his classroom. He laid his project onto the table with confidence and smiled. He introduced his project to the class and didn't notice notes were being passed around the classroom and some of his classmates were packing up already. He suddenly flicked one of the switches up, that's when most of the class was getting out of their seat and running out towards the door. He looked around in confusion, and that's when he realized his project was emitting smoke and he started to cough. **My eyes burn, my lungs...** He fanned away  the smoke and and started coughing again.

He started pressing random buttons and tried to stop the machine from emitting anymore dangerous smoke. He finally managed to make the machine calm down a bit and he stared at what was once one of his best projects ever, one that will never be replaced. **She'll be so disappointed...**

Suddenly, he felt his eyes closing and his head was spinning. His lungs...his heart...it hurt so much. He collapsed onto the floor.

 

"Kimsoo. Kimsoo-ah, wake up," said a soft, gentle voice.

Kimsoo stirred in his sleep as his brows furrowed in recognition. "Wake up," continued the gentle voice. His eyes shot open and sat straight up. The nurse, scared, jumped a bit.

"D-Did you hear that?" he asked the nurse.

The nurse shook her head and asked, "Hear what?" 

"N-Nothing," he said and leaned back. **I thought you came back to me...But I knew that it would be too good to be true** He sighed and closed his eyes in frustration. **That project meant so much to me because...because it was the last thing we did together...**

~End of Flashback~

 

Kimsoo shook in anger as a tear slid down his face. **I'm doing this for you...Amy...**

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my gosh! Please don't hate me! >___<

*Dodges an egg*

I know I haven't updated for like...a month? :( Sorry you guys, I tried to update as often as I could but I always finished my homework until I had to go to sleep. Then I had so many important tests coming up. But then it smacked me right in the face that I was such a horrible author for not continuing the fanfic as often as I had promised >___< I'm sorry. But hopefully, I'll be able to update more often.

Love you guys <3

-iHartCupcakes :)