Chapter 11

Survival of Mato

 

 

 

“Where is she?” I mumbled as I stood by the entrance of Sunshine Airport. “Can you hold the sigh any higher?” I asked Zelo.

“It’s the highest I can hold it up,” Zelo said.

“Alright, I just hope she sees the sign,” I said.

“Right, she won’t be able to spot a neon pink sign that has her name written on it in dark, black marker that is held up higher than any other people’s head,” Himchan said sarcastically.

I ignored his comment and continued to look around the crowd for that one familiar face.

“Han-ah?” said a voice.

I turned to the source of the voice and smiled right away. “Jieun!” I shouted and ran towards her.

 

jieun.jpg

 

We hugged each other and jumped around in circles like kids.

She broke off the hug and looked at me up and down. “You have grown to be more feminine and more adorable,” she said and pinched my cheeks.

“I was always feminine,” I argued. "And I was always adorable for your information," I said and placed my hands horizontally under my chin and blinked rapidly.

“Right...of course you were,” she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Even then, you still look and act like a 5 year old," she retorted. 

“Come on, the ride is going to be long,” I said, ignoring the last part where I looked and acted like a kid.

“And who are they?” Jieun asked protectively as B.A.P started to follow you.

“Oh, they’re my bodyguards,” I said and gave a weak smile.

“And you need 6 because…?” she questioned.

“Because, because, the more the better, right?” I gave a weak chuckle and dragged her away. “Come on, the ride is going to take longer if we continue to stand here.”

"But-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ah! It feels so good to be back here,” Jieun said as she dropped her suitcase onto the ground and fell face forward onto her bed.

“Come on, go unpack and shower,” I said. “I’ll call you down when dinner is done.”

“But I don’t want to,” she pouted. “I’m tired!”

I chuckled and shook my head. “At times like these, I do wonder who is older, more responsible, and more mature,” and headed towards the kitchen.

"I still am and I always will be!" she shouted as I chuckled.

Jongup didn’t even have to ask anymore as he helped me cook dinner. When we had finished, B.A.P was already sitting down at the dinner table, and I shouted, “JIEUN! DINNER!”

“COMING!” she shouted and you could hear her rapid footsteps as she entered into the kitchen. She sat down and looked at everyone’s face.

“Wow, I never realized how good looking your bodyguards were,” she said. “You know, you could’ve just been honest and told me that you got these 6 bodyguards because they are good looking,” she chuckled.

My whole face burned as it turned as red as a tomato. “T-That’s not it,” I stuttered.

“Right,” she said and rolled her eyes sarcastically.

“It’s not,” I argued back.

“Just eat,” she said and shoved some pork into my mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~

*Knock knock*

“Who is it?” I asked as I laid flat on my stomach, reading a magazine on my bed.

“It’s me, Jieun, who else?” Jieun said behind the door.

“Come in,” I said.

She entered my room and laid flat on her stomach next to me.

“So what are you reading?” she asked.

“Just a magazine,” I smiled. I put the magazine away and smiled at her. “So how are you doing so far? Any lovey-dovey information,” I said and wiggled my eyebrows.

She blushed and stuttered, “Psh, no,” she said and looked away.

“Awww, come on Jieun! You have to tell me who it is, do I know that person?” I asked.

“Psh, of course not,” she said and smiled. “Anyways, do you have someone in mind?”

“No,” I said without hesitation.

“What about that one bodyguard with brown hair that helps you a lot?” she asked.

“Jongup? He’s younger than I am, I’m his noona,” I laughed.

“Hm…what about the quiet one, he’s pretty cute,” she said.

“Daehyun? He’s a bit…distant,” I said. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard a peep from him,” I frowned.

“So you’re worried about him?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly.

“I see,” she said with a smile. “Well, good night,” she said and left to go to her room.

“Night,” I said.

Jieun closed the door and smiled.