Chapter 16

Survival of Mato

 

 

“Are you really sure you are okay?” Jieun asked for the millionth time.

It was the day Jieun’s break was finished. And I went alone to drop her off at the airport. It was too risky to bring B.A.P with me.

“You seem depressed ever since that Agency people came,” she said.

“I’m fine, I really am,” I laughed and gave a smile that was a bit too fake.

 “…Well those bodyguards of yours better take good care of you.” Jieun paused and said, “You are hiding something and you’re not planning on telling me, huh?” she asked.

“…I’m sorry,” I mumbled.

“Well, I guess it’s better that I don’t know,” she sighed. “Oh, my flight is here. I have to go, but do take good care of yourself. And if those bodyguards ever make you cry, I will personally come back and beat them up.”

“I will,” I laughed and watched as Jieun headed towards the gate. She turned around and waved back at me once more. I waved back and watched as she left until she disappeared.

“Good bye Jieun, I’m sorry,” I muttered and headed towards my jeep limo.

I stared outside the window until I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my chauffeur calling me to wake up.

“Miss Han-ah, we are here,” he said.

My got up and yawned. I stretched and then got out of the keep limo. I saw 3 black cars outside the mansion and gave a puzzled look.

“Should I tell them to leave?” my chauffeur asked.

“No, it’s alright,” I said. “Thank you.”

I headed towards the car and the leader of All Star Agency came out of one of the black cars.

I stopped in my tracks and waited for him to speak.

“Hello Miss Han-ah,” he said. “We have come back as I have promised.”

“I can see that,” I said with a poker face.

“So have you made your decision?” he asked.

“My answer is n-”

~Flashback~

 “So what do we do?” I asked.

“We’re just going to have to let them,” Yongguk said.

“WHAT!?!?” I shouted. “We can’t, they’re going to find you guys then.”

“We don’t have much of a choice. They’re getting really suspicious now and if they do manage to find us, then we’ll think of a plan.”

“…”

“Are you really sure about this plan?” I asked once more. “It’ll put you guys at risk.”

“Not letting them excavate your front lawn and hiding us will only make it riskier,” said Yongguk.

“…Alright,” I said. “I’ll still do my best to protect you guys,” I sighed in defeat.

“Thank you Han-ah,” he said.

“No problem,” I said with a weak smile

~End of Flashback~

I took a deep breath and said, “…Fine.”

“We will pay you-what?” he said, shocked at your response.

“Fine,” I said. “Don’t make me repeat that again; I’m very tired so I would like to go back into the mansion.”

“Y-Yes, of course,” he said.

I headed inside the mansion and closed the door. I took a deep breath and slid down onto the floor.

“Oh, noona! You’re back!” Jongup greeted you with a bright smile.

I smiled and said, “Did Yongguk speak with you guys about the plan?”

“Yes, we fully understand out duties,” he said.

“Alright, good,” I said.

“Let’s go and make some lunch now,” Jongup said, changing the topic.

“Yeah, let’s go,” I said and gave a weak smile.

**I hope you are making the right decisions, Yongguk** I thought and headed towards the kitchen.