Heart Strings (not a drama reference)

When He Cheated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Prior to Leeteuk going to your house*

 

 

~Leeteuk’s POV~

 

I heard from Donghae that ____ was going to move. I couldn’t believe that I was only hearing of it today. When I asked Donghae when and why, all he could manage was a simple, “I don’t know.” Along with an expressionless face, it really made me sympathize him, he just looked so pitiful and I wanted to comfort him but he wouldn’t respond to anything that I was telling him. Until I told him that I’ll try and talk to ____ about it. He perked up a bit and looked a little more hopeful than he did just a second ago.

 

‘Donghae~ what’s wrong with you?’ I asked myself while I was thinking of a way to approach ___ without making her think that I’m doing this for Donghae. But that’s not entirely true. The boys and myself do love ____ to death, she’s like our little sister that we wished that we could’ve grown up with. I’m glad that I even got to know her because she’s 2 years younger than me, and if I knew her back then… It would seem a little weird and people would ether pick on her because of me or there would’ve been assumptions made.

 

But I’m glad that she did meet Eunhyuk, and I’m even more so happy that he bothered to introduce her to us. She really was that one person that you just wanted to be around with because of their kindness, their ‘warmth’, it’s something that you need to experience on your own or if not—it’s something that you need to find.

 

I was confused and in a panic, I was walking around my condo trying to think of something or anything to do for that matter, Donghae said that she was leaving today but didn’t know anything more than that. Poor Donghae—I know that he still loves her and I know all about that Eun Mi girl, she really is something and for some reason—intangible. She really knew what she was doing when she was blackmailing Donghae; she kept everything clean and untraceable. It was just incredible. As much as I wanted to find that , I needed to figure what’s going on with ____.

 

I never really thought that I would act like this when someone close to the others and myself. I never really thought that I would meet someone like her, and for her to leave just because she doesn’t want to face the pain. That’s just bullsh*t. She doesn't need to go away, she just needs to face them head on like what strong and bold women do. I know she has that within her—she just needs to learn how to bring it out and use it. Especially when some other women just decides to steal their man, she should at least try and fight to get him back or at least reason with him in a proper sense.

 

That’s when it hit me. I had everything planned out and how I wanted to convince her to stay. I’m going to pull at her heartstrings. She’s really the kind-hearted person that would pity a person or anything that was in a lower status than she was. That’s how she won most of us over. I texted her asking if it’ll be alright if I could talk to her, face to face. I had a feeling that she would mention something about the time, so I just insisted to go to her instead. I headed to the garage of the condo complex, got in my car, and headed out.

 

My plan was just as simple as I put it, pulling at the heartstrings is and always the number one way to persuade someone, and if that doesn’t work you’ll need to seduce them which I don’t think that neither Eunhyuk or Donghae would approve of, especially if it’s me seducing ____. I chuckled a bit to myself as I was nearing her house. When I could see the driveway of ____’s house was empty, I assumed that she was alone by herself. It would be easier to talk to her if it’s just the two of us and it wouldn’t matter if we were going to start shouting and yelling at each other. Just being considerate.

 

I knocked on the door and waited a bit longer than I thought I would have, when she opened the door and seemed surprised. I was surprised too; I didn’t think she would be this calm. I had thought for sure that she knew exactly why I wanted to talk to her in person, but I guess not. ____ is really too naïve and oblivious.

 

 I think she got the idea that it was about something serious when she didn’t speak nor did she usually smiled. I guess she’s not that oblivious. She escorted me to the kitchen and immediately went to go get glasses of water. When we got to the kitchen I finally said what I wanted to say while trying to play around and get her to figure out on her own, why I was there—she kept a strong front but I knew she just wanted to tear up a bit and explain, she did explain but didn’t break down. Yet I can’t help but think that it’s one of the things about her that makes others attracted to her.

 

____ being oblivious and acting as if everything was fine after I told her the reason why I was there, she did after all knew. She just wanted to avoid the topic. She wanted to run away from me, as I knew I stepped on a ‘landmine’ when she got up and walked away to the stairway. I grabbed her wrist and finally confessed when I told her how worriedly-sick everyone got about her moving—when the only obvious reason wasn’t just to go and ‘stay’ with her aunty, but to run away from the problem that started.

 

I told her that we all cared whether she left because out of wanting or if it was because she just didn’t want to face the pain. I really thought that it was bullsh*t of her to even resort to this.

 

When I was done tell her my reason for being there and how much I and the others cared for her so dearly, I let go of her wrist and hung my head because a feeling deep down in my chest and stomach was telling me, ‘You’re going to cry.’ I never thought how convincing her to stay and face her problems would make me feel how utterly sad I sounded, and oh how I wanted to hug her.

 

My thoughts now were, ‘What the did I just do?!’ it doesn’t sound like I just like her as a dongsaeng, but more like a woman. I know for sure that maybe its just “in-the-moment” kind of things but I couldn’t help but think that she did mean a little more. I’ll never know for sure, and it would be a shame if I did like her that way. I know that I can’t, as I know very well that she just means like a sister to the others and myself.

 

It all makes sense now. Why Donghae and Eunhyuk looked so depressed and pathetic at times during rehearsals. I now understand how they felt and I never thought that I would ever feel this way towards someone that I never thought I would ever think of as ‘precious’ to me. Never in a million years, but it happened.

 

As I hung my head low in deep thought as I thought ____ would’ve walked up the stairs and lock herself up in her room until I left, she didn’t. I was even surprised that she even stayed for a moment long. When in fact, she felt horrible as I felt her gaze upon me and I saw her shift towards the railing of the stairway. I heard a very soft whisper, “What should I do?” and then I saw that a tear had fallen to the floor where I kept my focus on. I looked up almost immediately and I saw that ____ was indeed crying. I have never seen her so fragile before, I knew she would cry before when she was in pain, but never from guilt. I could sense it.

 

~End of POV~

 

Your eyes were letting tears trail down your face but as you wanted to wipe them away, you didn’t because you couldn’t. You were frozen in your stance and didn’t understand why, that was until Leeteuk slightly touched your hand. You inverted your stare straightforward; wanting nothing more than looking pathetic. You didn’t know why you didn’t want Leeteuk to see your wet teary eyes, you really couldn’t think about anything else than feeling guilty yet you still had the energy to try and hide your face.

 

You sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter